Thread: Tralf and full circle back to Complexity

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Account Icon

Tralf and full circle back to Complexity

It has been a long and twisted journey for Tralfamadore. I wont go into pre Trademark history with SK and all, but from under the leadership of Swindlemelonzz, then being promoted to Captain after swindle quit, replacing other people on the roster who quit, kicking people from the roster and getting "better" players, abandoning team for the HoNCast gig, leaving HoNCast for We are spies/OTP drama, rage quitting and joining TteS, and then announcing retirement from HoN for the second time in his career, and quickly coming back to join Complexity (former tdM), it has been a full circle.

But this circle didnot end at the same point it started, atleast not in the same state. Before tdM till the HoNCast position, it was progress. But everything after that seems a little too desperate, pushed, and very awkward. col now and tdm that tralf left couldnt be in a more different trajectory. old tdm was getting its **** together, couple of clutch last minute pickups, they met with some immediate success. team future was looking bright. but col now is the exact opposite. their success is history, and they are possibly in a downward spiral. future looks grim.

dont get me wrong, tralf is a very skilled hon player, but col needs a strong leader, a person who will mold a new future for this team, lead them into a new era of stability, consistency and most importantly back to some success. and for me, tralf is not the right guy for the job. not to mention big personalities like moon, bkid and tralf on the same team could spell disaster. we will just have to wait and watch.

what do you guys think?

nobody cares

and if anyone really believed tralf was gonna quit hon, you've been around for like 2 days

"what do you guys think?"

That making threads about Tralf is a waste of time, atleast as of right now.
    There is not much to be discussed, and especially not in the competitive discussion subforum regarding this subject.

Inb4 col disband

edit: inb4 genjuro tempest

There's more prize money in Hon if you know you won't make it to the International.

Quote Originally Posted by man_guy View Post
    There's more prize money in Hon if you know you won't make it to the International.

Wrong. If you completely remove the International's prizepool, DotA 2's Q2 alone has almost $500 000 in just major LAN's, not accounting for any online leagues/tournaments. The majority of it resides in China though and you have to beat the Chinese to get it. G-League/ACE/PW-Gamefy/G1 League tie up almost $400 000 of that money and although G1/G and PW( no word on ACE's plans regarding western involvement) will have western qualifiers to allow teams to get paid, the money is severely top heavy. HoN definitely has the easier money, that's for sure. If you're a top tier HoN player, S2 is giving you some serious incentive to stay.
    Last edited by Gleaming; 04-29-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Well, Complexity had a nice run. I will miss them.

Tralf is one of the smartest players out there, complexity usually loses because of their drafting, with tralf on their team i believe they'll have alot more success when it comes to that.

It's always the same, you're going from big fish in a small pond to small fish in a big pond when you make the switch from HON to Dota. It's certainly doable, but it takes a lot of practice and time and a dedicated team to make it work. There's lots of successful players who played a LOT of HON, but they have those other two things going for them. An unlikable turd like Tralf would probably fit into the NAdota scene but there's a reason there's so few internationally good NA teams.

Tralf imo would be a great addition to complexity. He has played with these guys before so they all know each others personalities, so hopefully some small little rage wont hurt their team chemistry. Also they were one of the best if not the best team during their tdm days

Quitting right before what seems to be an exciting patch and while there are way more tournament money than ever feels like a decision that was artificially delayed for some reason but that was bound to happen anyway.

Tralf "quit" Hon because he doesn't see himself being in a #1 team, Col gave him the chance and he came back, but he will go to Dota 2 once he realizes they still don't even come close to beating sG, it will happen, talking about him is pretty pointless.

Then once he realizes he's still not even close to being #1 in either game he will decide to play whatever he likes better. Or just disappear like most "NADota" players who ever graced Hon.
    Last edited by DerRape; 04-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themikey3 View Post
    leaving HoNCast for We are spies/OTP drama,
    This is so untrue... I don't even... How about making your posts factual if you want people to take you serious?

I actually think col will be fine, though maybe not the #1/2 team. Tralf was stable enough when he played with these col players so I would assume that means that their personalities are compatible enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DerRape View Post
    Quitting right before what seems to be an exciting patch and while there are way more tournament money than ever feels like a decision that was artificially delayed for some reason but that was bound to happen anyway.

Tralf "quit" Hon because he doesn't see himself being in a #1 team, Col gave him the chance and he came back, but he will go to Dota 2 once he realizes they still don't even come close to beating sG, it will happen, talking about him is pretty pointless.

Then once he realizes he's still not even close to being #1 in either game he will decide to play whatever he likes better. Or just disappear like most "NADota" players who ever graced Hon.
    Tralf "quitting HoN" was basically just a way for him to leave TTes without stiring up as much **** as he did when he left OTP after a week.

inb4 tralf ragequit skype and moves to Dota2 then comes back and fail in HoN and then goes to LoL

"HoN, very smooth game, but it's SO imbalanced that it's just not even fun to play. Just not a fun game to play. Not even pubs."

"You guys wanna hear something funny? I love how Phil is on this sG bandwagon, as their "manager" when I could bring up my Skype and show you before, when he was still working at S2, how he said to me in Skype 'Man, I really hope Swindle doesn't qualify for Dreamhack Winter because I would punch him in the face if I saw him. BAM! Oh but now they're all buddy-buddy!"

"Phil has gotta be one of the more sad people in the community."

- Tralfamadore 2013

tralf is a huge dramaqueen but i still love him
    #tralf #stayinhon #plstralf

Not entirely sure, I think Haxxeren is a better ricer than Tralf, but Tralf clearly has more game sense and more roles he can play, might turn out good for coL, hope so!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by themikey3 View Post
    #shitjustgotreal #phil #twoface
    As if any of this wasn't already public knowledge. Get with the times.
    HoN Gossip - The #1 Source for Unbiased HoN News

Quote Originally Posted by P4wn2E4 View Post
    Everytime Phil's taking a dump, truth is coming out of his butt. Just sniff it and become enlightened.