Thread: Whats your opinion about the current state of bots?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I reckon bots need to be more challenging to meet the expectations of more experienced players and I do agree, MMR has no place in this discussion. Needless to say I don't believe very experienced players use the coop feature S2 then again I could be wrong.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    1. What would most effectivly improve the bots?
    - A head start with the items/gold since they have low GPM
    2. What's the most important thing that's missing?
    - More coding perhaps - they are all 5 near a tower and they don't attack the tower or the enemy creeps. They just wait.
    3. What's the biggest problem currently?
    - Bots refuse to attack you (I don't think it's the level or the items you have) at some point

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarous2 View Post
    3. What's the biggest problem currently?
    - Bots refuse to attack you (I don't think it's the level or the items you have) at some point
    The bots will generally try to avoid combat if you reach a certain difference in level.

Thing is you can walk to them at half hp and they last hit when they could just blow you up.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Thing is you can walk to them at half hp and they last hit when they could just blow you up.
    I've only ever seen one occurence of that. Thought it might have been fixed

Account Icon
    The biggest problem so far is stats (PSR, KDR) being recorded for public game bot matches. Why can someone get 2000:0 kdr and 2000+ psr by just playing a bot game.
    Last edited by captainsexy; 05-02-2013 at 04:25 AM.

^ agreed completely.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hey guys, just wanted to jump in and thank everyone who's provided feedback so far; we really appreciate it.

I also wanted to address one comment:

Quote Originally Posted by NoseNuggets View Post
    .... Unfortunately S2 aren't miracle workers. You'll have to bear in mind that they have to tailor their work to every player as opposed to just the individuals who play bots.
    I don't think this is really a fair defense. No implementation is perfect and no company is incapable of mistake, so I don't think we should be given a free pass because something's hard. In addition, our work as a company is judged both how it affects players individually as well as the player base as a whole, so I don't think it's fair to dismiss his comment by stating otherwise. Furthermore the bots (which is what the OP asked about) should address the concerns of individuals who play bots. NoseNuggets, I appreciate you sticking up for us, but I don't think this particular defense is valid.

Sorry for the reproach, but I don't think we should be coddled, and really appreciate the honest opinions that have been stated so far.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by captainsexy View Post
    The biggest problem so far is stats (PSR, KDR) being recorded for public game bot matches. Why can someone get 2000:0 kdr and 2000+ psr by just playing a bot game.
    I was not aware that this was how things were, and am working with the web team to get this fixed for the future.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I don't think this is really a fair defense.
    >.< Yeah sorry. Misread OP's post.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I was not aware that this was how things were, and am working with the web team to get this fixed for the future.
    this really isnt a issue, you can get from 1500-1650 sure. but then you get about 0.5 psr per game you win. it takes way to long for someone to do it

12.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #32
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Still, it sounds like it's affecting kills, deaths, etc, which is certainly exploitable for those who play public games.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Against new players, the difficulty is fine. I queue for bots MM (When it's not broken of course!) a lot and host new players vs bots games and invite people to help teach them quite regularly, and even though bot behavior isn't perfect, it at least isn't too hard where new players just get stomped, but it's definitely possible for the bots to win.

I'm not too smarts on the bot coding, but an easy cheat is when players pick Parasite and just start whacking at bots without the bots reacting to them. Also, Hellbringer's Malphas, if there's creeps also attacking the tower can freely start whacking away with bots still waiting for CKs/denies on the normal creeps.

Account Icon
    Yeah. Right now the bot safety/retreat mechanic does not take into account the state changes of other nearby allied bots I believe. Right now it is central to 'am I personally being attacked'. As for the minion thing, I believe something is in the works now to fix that

HoNored Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Katieeee View Post
    Also, Hellbringer's Malphas, if there's creeps also attacking the tower can freely start whacking away with bots still waiting for CKs/denies on the normal creeps.
    There is a problem with bots reacting to hero minions in general, I recently reviewed code for this very problem, so we'll see about that
    If you see me talking about bots, be aware im not a S2 representative.

-------

Take a look at my lua tutorial series i made especially for bots

-------

Take a look at my mods
    or/and follow me on Twitter for Mod-Updates and News
    Now enjoy the improved HoN!

---

I'm lazy.

Account Icon
    I just watched a bot match and all five of the legion's bots went for this one hellbourne bot into its fountain and all five of them died; they need updating imo. They're still fun to watch.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Had a bots game yesterday on hard. picked zephyr middle. Against every melee hero on middle lane , they never attak you because of cyclones....felt boring bah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12