Thread: Open Tribunal system?

Open Tribunal system?

Would you guys like to see an open/transparent tribunal type system, where people can see who gets banned and why? Sometimes when I choose RAP if feels like nothing happens if I can't actually see the punishment the person received.
    Make RAP system public, open to see punishments and allow community involvement.
    Open up regions to increase player base and competition.

Consider that this would not improve anything. It would just give people another reason to be hostile towards each other.

Account Icon
    As far as I can tell, there isn't much to be gained from finding out why someone was banned.

I think I've used RAP a couple of times and they have sent me verdicts in the past, I do not know how the system works nowadays.
    My Hero Mods (Models, textures, sounds, effects, oh my!)
    Hunter WarMech - Berzerker mod
    Azrael - Bushwack mod
    ver2.0 -> Includes new voiceset!!
    Revenant Thunderbringer

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I agree with Sage. It won't really have a positive effect. Just will lead to people with issues to look at the list and start PMing people, "AHAHAHA U BANNED!". @__@

|Ex-Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

Account Icon
    i want the tribunal from LoL.

An open tribunal system where everyone finds out who is banned and who isn't is a stupid idea,since the decisions are made by the gm's not the general population, unless of course Hon gets a tribunal system like in LoL , in which case it would be an even more retarded idea, since giving power to a community filled with raging,petty,immature,brain-challenged people is utterly stupid

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapheron View Post
    As far as I can tell, there isn't much to be gained from finding out why someone was banned.

I think I've used RAP a couple of times and they have sent me verdicts in the past, I do not know how the system works nowadays.
    since 3.0, several people can report the same person from 1 match. Because of this, result emails are no longer send. When 1 report against that person is correct, then usually all other reports against that person is automatically closed.

Here is a little example of why RAP result emails are no longer send.

player A in match is griefing (for example item destruction) so person B reports him for item destruction.
    in the same match, player C also reports player A, but for example reports him for "backdooring".

Now lets see GM will first see report from player B, so he will mark player A as guilty.
    Report from player C will not be handled.

If there was emails send, then result email for player C will most likely be "player has been banned because of someone elses report". But now take in account average HoN player, who never really reads emails. He will most likely read that report as "player has been banned", which will encourage him to falsely report people for "backdooring".

I am not GM, so I dont really know how multiple reports are really handled.
    For more info about RAP 3.0, head to RAP feedback section.

The verdicts dont say anything. So, lets say someone on my team feeds from even before creeps spawn, suicide into tower (its happened before). I got an email saying "success" but this doesn't really mean much. I want to see this person banned for ___ amount of days. So was this guy just warned? Or banned for a week?

Having a private system means that S2 can possibly be 'light' on sentencing in order to not upset their paying customer base from future purchases. Obviously, having a toxic community will hurt sales as well, but I see no reason why the system should be private. If someone whispers you 'harassing you' with this information that is available in someway that could be an infraction in itself.
    Make RAP system public, open to see punishments and allow community involvement.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well, we do have an RAP Feedback section on the forums, which is frequented by GMs and SGMs that can give you some insight on how they view the current system and its benefits, since they are the ones doing making sure that it does in fact work, so I suggest you ask your question there.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TDER2 View Post
    i want the tribunal from LoL.
    Why would you want it? It is only used to troll, people don't even check the games, they just press on guilty or not. In HoN we have atleast people who review every single game, and additionally people that control those people.

Account Icon
    I think this idea has more merit to it let only people around lets say level 10 be able to judge have some sort of reward so after 50 consecutive guilty's (that dont get turned over) they get a avatar of some sort. and to make sure no one abuses the system have it on a 2 strike method after you ban someone for not doing anything wrong you get suspended for 3-5 days.

people would actually use it for the avatars and they are invested in their account they wont want it banned.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohun View Post
    I think this idea has more merit to it let only people around lets say level 10 be able to judge have some sort of reward so after 50 consecutive guilty's (that dont get turned over) they get a avatar of some sort. and to make sure no one abuses the system have it on a 2 strike method after you ban someone for not doing anything wrong you get suspended for 3-5 days.

people would actually use it for the avatars and they are invested in their account they wont want it banned.
    MacroHard talked some time ago that some system that will reward successfull reports are in making.
    But free alt avatars will most likely not be in that system

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohun View Post

And what is the difference to the current system?
    In the current system people like me and you volunteer and do the tickets. As known there is some kind of reward for doing so. If those people get overturned too often they will most likely get kicked out.
    The only difference to a system where everyone can just look at reports is that there overturn rate is much lower because the people that look at the reports at the moment have more knowledge about the rules. And there is no need to have more people to look at the tickets, if there was they could just add some GMs

I am not saying everyone should be able to decide on a report or punishment, this should be handled by special crew assigned as usual. What I am saying is that the tickets should be public so I know if a greifer was really punished or not for ruining my game, and what his punishment was.

Since 3.0, report a player is completely broken. My friend did a test, He made 3 accounts and griefed all the way down to lower end 1300 MMR. None of those 3 accounts have been banned (After 2 weeks) despite everyone saying that they report him. Down to 1300 from 1500 is about 10 games if your in the +- 20MMR stage. So 30 games griefed and not banned once. Just to be clear I am not in favour of what he did but it really shows something.

I really see no reason that the reports and punishment isn't public information, other than to cover up shady behavior or actual punishments . Its very possible that S2 is scared to actually seriously punish greifers since they believe it will diminish their customer base, but as I mentioned above, having a toxic community will also diminish their customer base which will be the result if faith is lost in the system.
    Last edited by Squ4repush3r; 04-14-2013 at 12:00 AM.

I got 1 Yellow and 5 Red Infractions, full of suspensions that I've earned (rightfully or not it does not matter, they happened), also, I got suspended in game once for "Not partecipating in game".
    Now, If I do get suspended or banned in front of everyone, if I know I have rights to say I am not afraid of facing anyone in this case, like I did on that unique suspension where I said I was trying to play defensive, it happened to seem a grief? GMs wont remove it? What can i do? Fine, I'll just waited and played again right after it...

On the other side, if you do are guilty, full of proofs and everything, people should know who you are, what you did, and you should be a public example of what people should not do.

I am probably one of the guiltiest here on this Topic with all the suspensions and warning I do have, still, I am a proud player, I take everything and go on, so ye, I want people to be banned, I want guilty to be punished, and I want people to know who they should avoid...