Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN League System Discussion

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buro View Post
    The plan is to create a new thread when I have everything in a solid, presentable format. At that point I will have some specific things I would like feedback on!
    How far off is that?

Account Icon
    Think MMR should be determined by how you play. KDA/ GPM/ number of games you average in a week/ Win lose ratio/ a fillter that when it see's someone say SHI* although it says **** it should take away MMR "dont come say now that maybe you had a **** day at work. There are other people that can read it and you shouldnt be swearing or calling people noobs ect ect" . As i said MMR should be calculated by KDA GPM ect ect, for those who play supports and that, there should be a system that can see that you play a large percentage of support therefore your MMR gets calculated slightly different than of a carry.

In other words as i said MMR should be calculated by the person you are and your overall skill.

because atm Im not the best person at HoN in my clan but my mmr keeps going up because people far better than me can carry the team even if im the one doing bad.
    Last edited by DarknessZA; 05-29-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Added idea

Whats up with this? Is this idea still on the board?
    It sounds awesome.

finaly, is a good direction, i open on discussion one time with this change, NICE

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearzkinz View Post
    Whats up with this? Is this idea still on the board?
    It sounds awesome.
    Details are still being hammered out and put into the pipeline. This will be a project that takes quite a bit of time due to its grand scale. I have not forgotten about giving you guys an update however! One will be posted when I can set everything out for you so that you may give feedback on it. The feedback on this league system as well as the courier rework and hero filters have already been greatly helpful in our production of these features!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Now that's a good idea

I really like this idea, and i think that giving rewards to the top players in each bracket will be a cool thing. will definitely make me play/try more to win

Account Icon
    I think its great, forcing people to play the tutorial / bot games on new accounts might discourage people from smurfing. Also, is the bottom right bar of HoN in game gonna get a rework? its kinda useless unless you want to check the cooldown of your taunt

Yo sup Buro?

Hope that you guys are doing well at S2.

Quick question in regards to this league system, will you guys be looking at rewarding players mmr/points/leaguepoints which ever you may call it according to the impact they had on the game? even if they were in the losing team?

Reason for me saying this as a hard support in the bronze league I could only imagine it going pretty awful most of the time in regards to winning as most people currently in the sub 1650 bracket is egotistical an immature and does not fully appreciate and utilize good supporting.

Like for an example compare 2 players in the same team...one is hard support and other is just a new player or bad player in general.

Now this hard support does everything from stacking, most wards placed in team, counterwarding, pooling regen for carry. etc.
    Now the bad player/newbie does not actually make an impactful contribution to the team, dies alot, no map awareness, low creep score, low gpm, low xpm.

Where im getting at is currently in the MMR system a every player in the losing/winning team gets punished with the same stick. +5 -5 MMR even if the Support made an enourmous difference compared to the bad/new player.

Will you guys look at rewarding players for their impact on the game like still give all players -5 mmr/points/leaguepoints but also reward people additional mmr for their contribution to the team like most wards placed for team +1 mmr/points/leaguepoints for said player.

In the end the Hard support still loses 4 mmr/points/leaguepoints but is not as heavily punished as the noob/bad player which recieves full penalty due to he's lack of contribution.

I know people will say that players will intentionally sell their items at the end of the game and buy alot of wards just to place in the fountain to recieve the less mmr/points/leaguepoints penalty but I would say that I think you/S2 are smart enough to work out a way around this...

PS: if you are a good support there will never be wards available anyway to buy in the mass and place... maybe counterwards yes but maybe counterwards should only work on rewarding supports based on the amount of enemy wards they destroyed with this to counter buying mass counter wards and placing.

Anyways thanks for looking at this.

Regards
    Last edited by PokkenFoes; 06-11-2013 at 03:53 AM.

i wish a new season would reset stats.

*edit: i really like this league idea, imho this should be top priority out of all the implementations.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    any eta for this to get implemented ?
    like, this topic was created 2 months ago and we still do not have the exact details yet, i guess this will take at least 1/2 year to get implemented :[

this should be TOP#1 priority right now

Account Icon
    Will players from different rankings (copper/silver/gold) still be able to MM together? or they all have to be in the same rank?

Simple question : are you planning to take more than a year to release this league system? It's great to communicate details and all but as in every project irl, you need a deadline or you just fall in procrastination.

yes yes yes yes yes

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by calamarybbq View Post
    Simple question : are you planning to take more than a year to release this league system? It's great to communicate details and all but as in every project irl, you need a deadline or you just fall in procrastination.
    ^signed 1000x

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Will each player/account have a placement separate leagues for Solo Que, 2man Que, 3Man Que, 4Man Que, 5Man Que, and will they have a different placement for each combination of team the que with? (similar to SC2, where you'll have a placement when you 2v2 with Friend A and another placement when you 2v2 with friend B)

I like the idea of the system, looks like it would give a great incentive to play.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bump

this thread reminds of the custom maps thread...lots of hype than it just disappears and is never heard/talked about by s2 ever again...

Quote Originally Posted by SKYLlNX View Post
    bump
    Thanks for the bump SKYLlNX, this thread slipped under my radar when it was originally posted and I had a chance to read through it fully today! (also just noticed that sneaky trick of yours with the "i" in your name ;p)

Onto the OT though, I don't have much to add to the thread other than I think the concept looks incredible! It's good to see S2 working with the community and asking what we feel we'd like to see in regards to the original concepts and ideas. In relation to this though:

Quote Originally Posted by calamarybbq View Post
    I agree completely! Even if it's a very, very vague idea of when we can expect an update on how long it's roughly expected to take to introduce this. I know it's difficult to record and explain what you've been discussing (especially if you've had a multitude of ideas and haven't settled on something!) but even just letting us know what you guys have been focusing on, what you may even be having troubles with (some smarty-pants community members would surely be able to give you guys some outside the box thinking to aid if you guys have hit a wall) and some thoughts on the direction could be good and would encourage more discussion on the topic!

:]

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by spydaraff View Post
    this thread reminds of the custom maps thread...lots of hype than it just disappears and is never heard/talked about by s2 ever again...

kinda this