Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Improved Clan- Management / Overview / Matches. And more...

View Poll Results: Do you like this suggestion ?

Voters
289. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

277 95.85%
  • No

12 4.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Improved Clan- Management / Overview / Matches. And more...

This is a republication of an old thread, written by \"Kwazorn\" who is now inactive, about improved clan management. This has now been reworked, since another dude \"BeAsT2k\" had some amazing ideas to add to mine (Speedy1), so we brought our heads together and made a brand new introduction to our suggestion. Hope you like it!

Introduction

What is this suggestion about?

Every clan member or leader in Heroes of Newerth has to agree on our problem with the current clan management, because (no offense s2) the options for your clan in the game are so limited and due to lack of better words the current clan system is non-existent. So our main idea is to enhance this part of the game to encourage the community to put more work into the clans and all work together on a much more enjoyable and peaceful Heroes of Newerth experience. This suggestion/idea is brought to you by Speedy1 & Kwazorn & BeAsT2k.

Why are we talking about enjoyable and peaceful?

The biggest reason why we think this would make HoN a better place is that with our new features we would provide some kind of desire to be in a clan. Leading to :

• 1. Better behavior of most players (they want to get into a clan and/or not get kicked from a clan beacuse of better manners and less insults on other players)
    • 2. There would be a higher corporate feeling because new teams would rise and they want to play the game together in order to win awards and get achievements. Furthermore get new stuff you only can get while playing in a clan
    • 3. With a new and fresh style of ingame clan management people would start enjoying spending their free time in the clan section. Chatting with other clan members, signing up for upcoming events, challenging other clans for team coins and all in all just provide more entertainment for the community.
    • 4. Every clan leader or officer who is willing to invest time in Heroes of Newerth in order to do something good for his team is forced to start like 3rd party clan forums, websites and has to spend a lot of time to organize things which could be done in just few steps with our new clan manager.

What exactly do we have in mind to make this "dream" come true?

• Ingame clan page (Similar to a site with different segments being available for the given administration level)

• Public clan page
    • Clan News
    • Recruitment Info
    • Upcoming events
    • Challenge the clan

• Check out Members Page

• List of players
    • Rank of players
    • Region of players
    • Information about specific players
    • Clan Squads info (Squads are preset teams inside the clan)

• Members Only Page

• Members can hang out together
    • Plan upcoming events
    • Talk over strategies
    • Form new Squads
    • Add Information about yourself

• Leaders/Officers Page

• Manage clan Members
    • Change rank
    • Post news, information about the clan
    • Post news only visible for members
    • Arrange upcoming events
    • Clan Mailbox
    • Recruitment mails (In mailbox)
    • Challenges (In mailbox)

• Clan Page

• Cosmetics for clan page (background, clan symbols icons, special heroes of newerth features)
    • Cosmetics for ingame (only active if 5-clan members are playing together and of course if they want to have them active)
    • Custom buildings for your side (legion/hellbourne)
    • Custom trees for your side

Pictures for you to visualise
    Clan Browser / Clan Matchmaking / Public clan page

More detailed Presentation:

Clan Page

Description

- The first idea to improve clan management overall, is to have a special "clan page" dedicated to the clan itself. It works pretty much like a mini-ingame-site. You can access it by clicking the "Go to clan page" in the specific clan channel, or by opening up the Clan stats page and fetch/search the name of a clan, or see the list of current top tier ones (ladder). This page will have multiple features, and add a whole bunch of options and flexible stuff to the members,leaders, and officers of the clan.

Public Section

In the public section we would like to see mainly three things which are:

• Public News
    • The option to challenge the clan
    • The option to fill out recruitment formula (if the clan is looking for new teammates)

Members Section

This section is about displaying the members and the clan squads and even though its called members section its open for public.

Private Clan Section

In the private clan section we thought about having all kinds of different things that could be useful:

• Member News
    • Closed clan chat channel
    • Member Posts (maybe even something like a ingame mailbox for the members)
    • Info Page about Members (you could put in information like skype account, icq, msn, place where you live, preferred communication platform)
    • Clan calendar (sign for events, appointments, clan trainings)

Pictures for you to visualise
    Privat Clan Page / Members only page :

Clan Shop & Special Coins

Description

This is one of the awards a clan could get and its one of the things that come to your mind very fast but to figure out how it exactly works is a lot tougher because we already got many replies and post about how they could be achieved and how they could be used.

One thing we agree 100% on is that the clan coins are achieved by playing together with a total of 5teammates in matchmaking games and in clan challenges and they can only be used to buy things for the CLAN and will NEVER be allowed to get passed to a clan member because he wants to buy something in the shop. S2 stated that no player to player or clan to player coin transfers will be allowed.
    The coins you earn are a special CLAN credit, wich has nothing to do with individual silver/gold coins.

Earning them

As we said the clan coins can be earned doing one of the two things:

• Play Matchmaking games with 5 Players in your clan
    • Play challenges against other clans for an amount of coins the two teams have to agree on before they start the game

Spending them

This is where it gets tough. Because we now talked about how cool it would be to get the clan coins to encourage the players to play in clans and be active for the clan and get a good team experience. But what do we use the coins for? Yes I know everyone can think about a couple of nice things to buy for your clan, but is it really enough? I would say the community should step up here and show their creativity to give S2 a lot of ideas to work with on this project.

Suggestions for using clan coins:

• Clan page cosmetics (background pictures, clan symbols, clan icons, clan page fonts)
    • Ingame team cosmetics (Legion/Hellbourne custom base models, custom trees for your side, special killstreak chat messages)
    • Challenge other clans: Do you think your team is better than another team? Then go challenge them for 20coins? 50coins? 100coins? Choose for yourself how much risk you and your teammates want to take.
      Note: This was only a small additional idea to see if it has any paths to go, otherwise forget we mentioned this on.

Final Notes for this suggestion :

• All the images are not the way it has to look. (Simply some suggestions)
    • All the ideas / suggestions in this topic is probably not possible to implement
    • We dont say all these things HAVE TO BE implemented (As a package)

The only reason why we sat down and worked hours on this project is for our community.
    We really want to get this idea going because we think only good will come out of it.
    Please dont judge our photoshop skills. Judge our ideas and please vote if you like it.

Thank you all for your time and for your vote.
    Last edited by MrDahl; 04-08-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Vote for my suggestion: Improved Clan Management Ingame

Really? Was hopeing for a larger attraction. :/
    Worked on this for a long time

/bump

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's FUUUCKING GREATASTIC!

Watch my own stream @ www.twitch.tv/thiazftw

This should be impletented asap. With all of hontour it would generate great exposure and make all experience much better. Must be in the game!
    My custom map -> Pacman HoN Style

Only need 3 votes more for tier 1 !! LETS GO

2 more votes! lets go

1 more vote ! YESS!

Voted! Also, am glad that people saw my post in that GD thread. :P I'd love to see this get implemented one day.

Account Icon
    I can not believe this does not have 100s of replies. The idea is GREAT and the post quality is really, really high as well. I'd LOVE for this to be implemented. Pretty much every single post brought up in the main post is great. People would have more of a reason to join clans and this would get the players to be acquainted with more people. I'd also love Custom ranks, which would allow the leader to set the privileges of every player. I.E. allowing someone to invite people into the clan, but not kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syth` View Post
    I can not believe this does not have 100s of replies. The idea is GREAT and the post quality is really, really high as well. I'd LOVE for this to be implemented. Pretty much every single post brought up in the main post is great. People would have more of a reason to join clans and this would get the players to be acquainted with more people. I'd also love Custom ranks, which would allow the leader to set the privileges of every player. I.E. allowing someone to invite people into the clan, but not kick them.
    Thanks alot for this comment. The worktime for this suggestion is also days, so its always nice to see someone like it as much as yourself!

Account Icon
    Big post. Really nice idea. You deserve more attention and some S2 official statement.

Good Job !
    When a hero taunts, a unique quote is played. Vote my suggestion for actually hearing those quotes ! Vote HERE

looks great, i hope it gets implemented

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedMind View Post
    looks great, i hope it gets implemented
    Me too

The votes for this are nigh-unanimous because this is a great idea. Would love to see this in game!
    Only a man who cannot conquer his deficiencies feels the need to convince the world he has none.

--Hickman/Weis

Account Icon
    Going to bump this because I'd really, really like this to be considered

I really want to know why this has 2 no votes :O

Account Icon
    I like the idea of the in game cosmetics. Much like the custom buildings.

One idea I've seen in StarCraft II Team matches is the Team's logo being on the map itself, usualy outside the main base.

This could be a double win for Competitive clans as it helps branding when the matches are casted.

Images could be under the same TOS as the other custom Icons.

Perhaps a few areas that are 'unlockable': Floor of the Tar Pit, Jungle, Ancients, Ramps from Base.

I couldn't find a SC2 image but found a DotA2 one :http://media.steampowered.com/apps/d...team_logos.jpg

If you think about it: Every browser game manages to have these features, so why not HoN? Great idea!

Great Idea , I love it . I m gonna share this thread to everyone i know .
    Should be implemented immediately.