Thread: Hero Tier List - HoN tour Diamond Cycle 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hero Tier List - HoN tour Diamond Cycle 6

EIDT: Down the bottom you can chose which cycles data you want to view. It should automatically be on 6.

G'day, this is a Hero Tier list of the diamond division cycle 6. All of the data has been collected manually and from official diamond HoN tour games. The data can be seen here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rWkE1U3c#gid=0 then down at the bottom chose Cycle 6. There is also Cycle 5 availabe down the bottom.

Just remember that the win-loss ratio DOES NOT represent balance. Heroes would need at least 50 games played to get a semi accurate results (100+ would be best) but there are also factors like strategic pairing (e.g. Demented Shaman went 9-4, but was always seen with either Balphagore or Zephyr), random variance (might lose a lot one week and win a lot the next), ignorance to the hero (not picking the heroes counters) and top teams picking certain heroes (e.g. Swindlemelonzz went 7-1 on Deadwood). The following tier list was created mostly from appearance and in-game appearance, win % was not a major factor in the tier positioning, only if very close between 2 tiers.

Just remember this tier list I have created is my own analysis / interpretation of the data, if you disagree with any of it discuss your points in a logical and reasonable manner. Keep all criticism reasonable and constructive so I can make improvements. 50/110 heroes were picked once or more!

The following symbols will be used on the right of the hero portrait to show wether they have gone up or down from the previous tier list, + will indicate going up a tier, - will indicate going down a tier. Multiple symbols means multiple tier gains.

GOD

God Tier (Often Blind Banned or First Picked)
    + + + +

Legendary Tier (often banned or picked)

- + + Rally+

Reliable Tier (picked fairly often, will also occasionally be worthy of a ban)
    - - +

Average Tier (Often last picked or popular to a specific player [e.g. Xibbe chipper], rarely banned)

- ++ ++ ++ ++ ++

Borderline Tier (due to popular request, these heroes were only picked up once or twice, or banned)

- - - - - -- + + + + + + + + +(was seen in a remade game)

Garbage Tier (not seen at all)

-- -- -- -- Riftwalker--

I hope to do this for the rest of the season, I cannot make any promises due to work / university but I will try my best too.

A few notes -
    Legion / Hellbourne Wins is in! 36 wins for Legion, 28 for Hellborune. Suprising that legion came out on top but maybe due to random variance?
    No remade games were counted in the hero stats, however the Legion/Hellbourne win was counted.
    If you want to sort columns you need to go view>list, then click the clickable number at the top, press again if you want it going the other way (cheers Green).
    Some heroes appear in over 100% of games due to both teams occasionally blind banning them.
    Some teams mutual ban Jera against each other (coL v TteS)
    Some games are missing due to not being avaliable to download.
    Last edited by Gypsie; 02-25-2013 at 07:57 AM.

1. Awesome job
    2. I cannot sort any row mainly because I think no one else other than you own the document and sorting is considered editting the document.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkzee View Post
    1. Awesome job
    2. I cannot sort any row mainly because I think no one else other than you own the document and sorting is considered editting the document.

view>list

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    view>list
    Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsie View Post
    Legion / Hellbourne Wins is in! 36 wins for Legion, 28 for Hellborune. Suprising that legion came out on top but maybe due to random variance?
    No remade games were counted in the hero stats, however the Legion/Hellbourne win was counted.
    Legion always has first pick, so you have to factor in picking order along with the map.

Amazing work Gypsie! hopefully we can get some serious balance to HON and see more of the garbage heroes played, making for a much more interesting spectator experience!

I see some inconsistency between the tiers in the sheet and in the OP, for instance empath is C in the sheet and you put it in borderline here.
    Also you miss at least some heroes in the sheet, such as shadowblade, despite having put him in the borderline tier here.

Besides these little things I love what you doing with this data, gj and keep it coming

Thanks jim.

Any analys-es on why Warbeast, TDL, Silh, Pharoah, and Aluna have fallen, while MOA, Behemoth, Rally and Gravekeeper have risen?

Incoming tanky meta. HotBL users.
    #reinstateapostate

Quote Originally Posted by Guiga_JHC View Post
    I see some inconsistency between the tiers in the sheet and in the OP, for instance empath is C in the sheet and you put it in borderline here.
    Also you miss at least some heroes in the sheet, such as shadowblade, despite having put him in the borderline tier here.

Besides these little things I love what you doing with this data, gj and keep it coming
    Sorry I forgot to note that when you originally click the link it shows Cycle 5 not Cycle 6. Bit of a derp by both of us :P

Good work boob.. i mean gypsie.

I KNEW IT!
    38% win on tempest. Please stop picking that hero, maybe the meta game will shift from wanking for 30 minuttes or having pk/resto-keeper vs pk/resto-tempest battles 24/7.

Thanks for putting this together Gypsie! Just as general feedback, it might be more interesting if you rolled the cycle 6 data into the rest of the cycles' data, so that the list is more stable. So you could have a Hero Tier List for HonTour overall. For example, Swiftblade and Empath changed tiers drastically despite no metagame or hero changes to either of those heroes; they were just picked less frequently this cycle. My $0.02.
    Only a man who cannot conquer his deficiencies feels the need to convince the world he has none.

--Hickman/Weis

Quote Originally Posted by teth View Post
    I KNEW IT!
    38% win on tempest. Please stop picking that hero, maybe the meta game will shift from wanking for 30 minuttes or having pk/resto-keeper vs pk/resto-tempest battles 24/7.
    The reason for this is because in a lockpicking game keeper is going to be the in the lockpick-pool as well as tempest, and legion will obviously firstpick Keeper because he is the best hero in the game basicly, I'm not gonna explain why right now but that's just what I think. So legion team firstpicks Keeper, and tempest is in the pool. What can hellbourne do? They are forced to pick tempest unless they wanna play against keeper+tempest, and that is something you definitely do not want. I would very much want to see the win% of tempest+keeper in the same team!

GJ OP, love reading this. Keep it up, people appreciate it alot

Nicely done!

formatting hell

somebody get this man a minor totem
    RIP IN PEACE sig

Quote Originally Posted by Squ4repush3r View Post
    formatting hell
    How can it be improved? That would be much more helpful..