A guide to:
- The master over time itself.
The greatest inventors of the Human Legion dreamed of making an army of machine warriors to spare humans the bloody cost of war.
Only one was ever created, for no one could ever find a way to quicken him.
When the Hellbourne fed a stolen soul into its mechanical shell, they brought the Chronos to life and gained the benefit of this artificial monster's mastery over time itself.
1) The Intro
- The Intro
- Chronos information (Stats/Abilities)
- Chronos' Stats
- Chronos' Abilities
- Curse of Ages
- Skills and Stat placement
- Item Build
- Starting Items
- Core Items
- Item Order
- Items to Avoid
- Your Role
- Other Heroes and Chronos
- Chronos Babysitters
- Nasty Lane Opponents
- Direct Chronos Counters
- Chronofield Combos
- How to Timeleap and Chronofield
- Chronos Changelog
- To Do List
- Guide Changelog
- To Do List
This guide is aimed at helping players at any level improve their game with Chronos.
Before we get started it is important that you know and fully understand that Chronos is a
Hard Carry hero and is totally item dependent - meaning that you must have extremely good farming and last hitting skills to do well with him outside of easy-mode.
Is Chronos the hero for you?
Can you last hit well?
Can you avoid your enemies whilst keeping a steady income?
Do you generally win your lane?
Can you time your entry into a battle well so you can maximize your damage?
Can you pull a solid 300g / per minute in Non Casual Mode?
Do you realize Chronos is not a tank?
Do you realize Chronos is a mid to late game hero?
If you answered yes to all of the questions, then Chronos will be a solid choice for you.
2) Chronos information (Stats/Abilities)
3) Skills and Stat Placement
4) Item build
- First I'd like to recommend you to try and always carry a homecoming stone. It's useful for many obvious reasons such as defending a tower or transport back home but a well placed jump and Teleport should get you out of harm.
The Item build for Chronos is extremely debatable currently, so I've created a chart of the common items picked up with all of the pro's and cons for you to consider.
Below the chart you will find my favourite item build and in my oppinion the most cost effective way to play Chronos.
Item Build Order
As the metagame has drastically changed from "Kills heroes around your farm" to "Farm around killing heroes" and is no longer a carry race. This means for Chronos to be a worth while pick in the current game he needs early game presence.
This involves a change in items and strategy.
EP - There is no debate.
EP is now 100% a core pickup for every game.
Like I said, Chronos needs early game presence for his team to be successful. This means looking at cheap items that have multiple uses.
* EP Gives you the life steal you need to jungle that will reduce trips back to the well (losing gold each time) and allows you access to farming the ancients relatively early. And it is vital for a Ninja on Kongor if an early Savage Mace is picked up.
* EP at level 6 allows you to be a strong threat to many heroes if you can catch them offgaurd in a 1v1 situation.
* EP will be extremely useful for almost the entire game with its 100+ Attack Speed and 20% Movement Speed allowing you to do your job - kill in your Chronofield changing the fight to 4v5.
* With the buff to EP a while back decreasing the damage from 30% to 20% I think it becomes an easy choice when one is confident with placing a Chronofield.
Why not Alchemist bones?!?!
If you take Alchemist bones, you will have no life steal unless a whispering helm is picked up, which I am against on Chronos. This means you will be making trips back to the well pretty often (losing a lot of gpm in the process). You will lose early access to the ancients and you will lose lane presence. Honestly I think the two would balance out in most games for GPM.
30+ Attack Speed on Alchemist Bones vs 100+ Attack Speed and 20% Movement Speed. Easy choice, 3x More attack speed, Movement speed to chase and makes you a lot more deadly in your Chronofield.
What about Runed Axe?
As I said earlier, getting early game presence is vital, so a rush for a 20 minute Runed Axe is no longer a help to the team, it is a hinderence and not to do it UNLESS you are in a trilane and you a specifically running that as your strat.
Whats with the symbol or rage at the bottem?
I think out of all the games I've played, I have only reached this twice. It is there to replace Elder Parasite and should mean you can take down any opposing carry, (Along with the rest of their team )