Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Mark “Tralfamadore” Seidl Departing Honcast to Play Professional HoN

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

Mark “Tralfamadore” Seidl Departing Honcast to Play Professional HoN

Mark “Tralfamadore” Seidl, co-caster for Honcast, today announced his departure from the famous eSports coverage group. Mark has been an employee at the S2 Games’ subsidiary since July 2012. Although it saddens us to lose Tralfamadore, his true love for the competitive scene has gotten the best of him. Tralf will be leaving S2 to pursue a professional HoN career once again. He comes from an extensive competitive background in both HoN and DotA; leading teams such as SK-Gaming, Trademark eSports, and what is now Complexity Gaming. In his role on Honcast, Tralfmadore focused on the competitive and strategic aspects of Heroes of Newerth and he hopes to bring his unparalleled knowledge to the next stage of his career. He will be missed by Honcast and everyone at S2 Games. We wish him the best of luck as he goes for HoN Tour glory with his new team, One Trick Pony.

Watch Honcast today for the official announcement. Tune-in as Breaky and Tralf cast one of their last matches together. The HoN Tour Diamond losers SG and QsQ will faceoff at 11 am PST / 20.00 CET.

A Message from Nick “BreakyCPK” Caras:

"My experience with Tralf was on a professional and personal level. Of course there was the Honcast side, where his amazing insight and upbeat attitude enhanced the cast. He made me a much better and more comfortable caster, which I can safely say made us an amazing casting team. On the personal side, I had the pleasure of becoming great friends with Tralf. He never stopped surprising me with his talents outside of HoN, especially in music.

Although Honcast will move on from this, I of course will most certainly miss Tralf. I am very excited once again to see him on the competitive scene and look forward to calling out all of his mistakes!"

~BreakyCPK

A Message from Tralfamadore:

"My time with Honcast has given me some of the most rewarding experiences of my life. All of the guys at S2 are passionate about what they do and very supportive. I'm very thankful that S2 gave me the opportunity to cast some awesome Heroes of Newerth at a time when the competitive scene is bigger than ever. Going to Dreamhack as a caster was really exciting and getting to meet all of the awesome, supportive fans meant so much to me. To the Honcast crew, Breaky and Killerorange, I can't tell you enough how helpful you've been to me along the way - you guys own! Breaky is one of the most genuinely nice people you will ever meet, and Killerorange - while never showing himself on camera - is one of the most talented video producers out there. You guys will be missed. As for myself, my girlfriend and I are moving to the neighbors to the North in Vancouver, B.C. where I may look to pursue my competitive gaming career once again. That being said, I'd like to announce that I will be joining One Trick Pony for Hon Tour, and looking at their recent successes I am very excited to continue supporting HoN by playing with this very talented group of guys. I'd like to give a big shout out to all my fans - your support and love for Honcast and Heroes of Newerth is what fuels me, and to everyone at S2, especially Nick, Matt, Nate and Aaron (thanks for ruining 60% of my tmm games, Mr. Solstice) and a huge shout out to Lisa. "

~Tralfamadore

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Wish both Tralf and Honcast the best, I hope this change will make both competitive HoN and HoNCast even better!

What i thought ;p

Doubt OTP gonna qualify for Thailand so he will miss out on that now! Same with the other LANs.
    Last edited by Challikk; 02-07-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks for the good work you put in for the Honcast team Tralf.

Going to stock up on snacks and bev now for epic Tralf vs. Swindle led games hehehhity.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i hope they find a good replacement.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Good for the scene.jpg

I guess it looks good on your resume to quit a job to pursue some fantasy in a videogame and fail, again.... ^^

J/k glhf Tralf, even though I think you had/will have bigger success as a caster than a player...
    If you had to room with another gamer, who would it be and why?
    Insania; I like to keep my enemies close (I suspect he’s a terrorist).

-NoobG

Greatest shoutcast team in hon history!

Aw :c Well, it was nice to have you as a caster, but good luck in the future competetive leagues and plays =)
    Let's hope the new caster will be good Emperor maybe? Although, Emperor is Beef's buttbuddy in terms of casting c:

Although Honcast will move on from this, I of course will most certainly miss Tralf. I am very excited once again to see him on the competitive scene and look forward to calling out all of his mistakes!"

sad to see tralf go, felt like he really worked well with breaky. sadpanda
    Last edited by Fairlight_Ex; 02-07-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: quoted post deleted

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Financially, probably not a smart move. However, if his passion lies there - I won't ever take that away from him

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Tralf is playing competitive again!
    Get rich or die tryin'

good for the scene.

Really sad to see tralf leaving honcast, him and breaky were really the best casting duo hon has ever seen. I look forward to Tralf playing again, and good luck to whoever is applying for tralf's position.

Breaky + Tobi in dreamhack was best ever no lies.

I always enjoyed the times with Tralf in honcast, but recently (felt it for few months at least) I felt that Tralf did not want to be on hon casting but instead playing .

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    #MIAMI

man i love tralf. he's sharp and really provides deep insight to the game, that most of us non-pro players don't see. him and breaky are the best caster combination in all of honcast history. gonna be sad to see him go.

that said, i hope there's more to this than simply just quitting job to play video game tourney. because that's pretty sad if thats the only reason.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    does that mean No more real talk? Tralf wasnt scared to say the truth and point out the mistakes from all the pro players, from swindle all the way to Moon.