Thread: TP changes and "smoke" added after HonTour Season 1?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TP changes and "smoke" added after HonTour Season 1?

Thread might be a bit messy but bare with me!

I watched some Q&A with Beef and Emperor on complexityhon stream yesterday link to VOD if anyone wants to see and give me their take on it:
    http://sv.twitch.tv/complexityhon/b/360220523

Starts at..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:31:30 with some questions about Tarano, JAH and if some changes to HoN would come, we could most likley see those play together with Ensoe and Brized. Talking about changes... Anyways lets continue.

A little later on someone brought up a question about balance and they started talking about alot of balance/gameplay changes coming in april after season 1 of HonTour, that they've seen a sneakpeak of. "You've seen them right Emp?" So its something i guess competitive players have seen.

It continues..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4:36:00 on the VOD:

• "I'd love to see a 2 week break in HonTour now and get those changes in, like get that tower TPs change in"
    • "I just want to see some of it fixed, i want to see it put in now, but im ready to wait until april"

So basically talking about those changes again and how he'd like to see them implemented now instead of waiting til april?
    Idk if its only me or does it sound like there is some major changes to TPs and other changes supporting aggressive gameplay?

At the same time Chuck a HonTour admin says in the twitch chat:
    • "Now you've said too much already!"

From my understanding i got out that TP changes are coming, other changes that supports aggressive gameplay aswell similiar to smoke.

It continues..

4:42:30 Just another question about Tarano (fair enough, the best player hon ever have seen), and the answer is a bit similiar to what they said earlier.

"He said he would come back if they implemented IT (question is what is IT?) between the cycles, but now it's gonna be another season, so he might even come back if they implement it between the next season"

Once again mentioning a major update, to be implemented between seasons, this one or the next. Sounds like the aggressive changes touched on earlier, since old players that said they would come back if they were to come, would return.

There was also this meeting between s2 and the competitive players where they discussed the matter of how farming and passive gameplay was so much more rewarding than the other way around as creep kills gave so much reward without any risk.

Im just curious and listened to it a couple of times, what u guys think? Make sure you listen to the 10 min of Q&A.

Thats some illuminati stuff right there...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Damn.. Sounds like theres some cool stuff going on on the test servers!

I'd love to see Tarano and JAH` come back.
    Brized, Tarano, JAH`, Testie, Heimer and Jeppins.. Potential new DoP roster?

I think you should take Testie from that roster because i dont think he is willing to give it all for HoN whilst the other guys will. Testie always says he makes more money playing with customers than competitive so i doubt it.

Like why would they come back from Dota or w.e game they play to play HoN mid-competitive?
    Last edited by babyooho; 01-26-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There are a lot of amazing changes getting tested out and discussed actively everyday, both on forums and via the SBT client, just wait and see !

Am I the only one feeling that holding back patches to ensure a monotonous hontour might not have been as great as it initially sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by babyooho View Post
    I think you should take Testie from that roster because i dont think he is willing to give it all for HoN whilst the other guys will. Testie always says he makes more money playing with customers than competitive so i doubt it.

Like why would they come back from Dota or w.e game they play to play HoN mid-competitive?
    Neither Tarano or JAH plays Dota compeititve, they play it casual, JAH even plays more leauge than Dota so it's not like they are leaving anything

With Riser_ most likley leaving TTeS for coL they need a suicide player, i can see Jeppins joining as he TMM alot with Leon etc. Also Honcast mentioned yesterday on the podcast that Moiravus is playing alot of Leauge and is tired of all team changes and stuff. I could see some wierd "merge" changes between those two teams tbh.

My guess is TteS with

wyt` Jungle
    LeonBlack` Support
    Jeppins Suicide
    Heimer Carry/Solo Gravekeeper
    Moiravus Carry/Initiator

My guess with DoP (IF changes to HoN happens and people return)

Emperor
    Tarano
    Ensoe (I dont see Ensoe not playing with Tarano :P)
    JAH
    AngryTestie i guess?

I dont think Paintitgold does too well in Dota2 atm either, but yeah doubt that :P

Bacon Warriors v2!

Lol i like to speculate

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Just bring back secret shop, im tired of team playing turtle even if it's over...

I think HoN players are big enough boys to be able to handle meta/balance changes mid season :\
    I mean, in the past people were forced to adapt literally over weekends. Between cycles should be fine. Its pretty apparent people are ready for changes asap, but I guess the balance department disagrees.
    Last edited by Benjy; 01-26-2013 at 11:44 AM.

I have not really payed alot of attention at LoL and Dota 2, but the last time i heard they were playing it competitively. Maybe it changed, i would not know

I would love to see Tarano and Jah back to HoN and hopefully they will.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you correcting me, i did not know they just play it as casual!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There's def going to be changes. There always is in HoN which is kinda sad but yeah
    MoonMeander: Sometimes when I get bored at night I pretend I'm Chtuluphant and charge my girlfriend, pillow, blanket off the bed and yell "MRRHHHHHHHHHH!"
    Parakletos: two kinds of people in the world: people who jump on their **** in the shower and dirty liers
    Fantasy: You definitely are a GIANT contributer that I am, where I am.
    NovyPirat: The only thing riser needs to survive is the island and the others

www.TWITTER.com/zeNapFTW
    www.YOUTUBE.com/zeNapFTW

Quote Originally Posted by Benjy View Post
    I think HoN players are big enough boys to be able to handle meta/balance changes mid season :\
    I mean, in the past people were forced to adapt literally over weekends. Between cycles should be fine. Its pretty apparent people are ready for changes asap, but I guess the balance department disagrees.
    this

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by zeNap View Post
    There's def going to be changes. There always is in HoN which is kinda sad but yeah
    Listening to the community and competitors, and constantly changing the game to produce a more balanced, fun and competitive gaming experience is sad? Don't know what to say

you could have a mid-season-break around christmas and new years during hontour season 2. That would allow an opening for balancing/changes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Tarano is probably one of my most favourite player. Of course, I enjoyed the old DWi lineup (eternalenvy, zaku, jah, tarano, ensoe?), but Tarano was one of my favourites. Would be nice to see him back
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by RoLanD View Post
    Listening to the community and competitors, and constantly changing the game to produce a more balanced, fun and competitive gaming experience is sad? Don't know what to say
    Some don't like change at all, no matter how benefitial it is. We're creatures of habit after all.

( ͜ʖ ͡) yᵒᵘ oᶰˡʸ lᶤᵛᵉ oᶰᶜᵉ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Wish they would change their policy, going months and months with no balance changes is boring. Its always hmm i wonder what we will get in todays patch? O goody 10 alt avatars.

Case in point, game 1 tdm vs. sg. 40 minutes in, 13 kills. one fight and that's it.