Thread: LEGACY ACCOUNTS can finally change password (Here is how)

Thumbs up LEGACY ACCOUNTS can finally change password (Here is how)

1. Open your web browser and go to you HON account management page.

2. Under "Change password" you will enter your most recent password in the "OLD" field

3. You will then enter your original password in the "NEW" field. (the password you had prior to all the hacker issues)

4. Check and confirm the email regarding your password change request.

5. Open HON game and type in your username and "NEW"(original) password.

YES you will still get the Dialog box saying the password has expired

6. Enter a new password and hit submit..

You will NOW get the "congratulations" message.

Good luck and happy gaming.

You are a star... Thank you so much!

Legacy accs have been able to change password before also, if u just followed Idejders guide. No need to do all those extra steps...

Quote Originally Posted by Idejder
    Close the expired box and type your old password in manually, then when it tries to log in it will prompt you again. Put in your new password and it will work.

We are working on a fix to this, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by AeroByte View Post
    Legacy accs have been able to change password before also, if u just followed Idejders guide. No need to do all those extra steps...

I'm glad that worked for some, However it didnt work for everyone. Obviously or after waiting 4 hours and reading the forums and trying about 20 different ways I wouldn't have finally logged in doing it the way i did and then post it here, but thanks for your pointless comment.... ever think that what works for 1 person might not work for everyone else.

Clearly it helped Rets187 who most likely had the same issue as I despite reading "Idejders guide" (which i did, as well as others that said "still doesn't work for me")
    If i can not only find a way myself and type up a quick guide, i'm pretty sure i'm capable of following his. Maybe, it just didn't work, ever try that?

Btw, im legacy, and you can change your password in the account section of this website, going to change password, and follow the prompts
    Who is Captain utility you ask?
    One asian and a chinese cup stuck to a forehead later and this is what you get

He may be only a legend amongst the drunk people of Hawkesbury, but one day he will save the day

Sindred: An epic Hard carry adept at taking down grouped enemies

http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...tility/Sindred

Account Icon
    Cheers, worked for me too.

Just so you know, I tried to change it on the site twice and both times it asked me to change my password ingame, not letting me in. Following the steps of this thread I managed to get it to work.
    Last edited by IPeonPeons; 12-17-2012 at 07:58 PM.

I Empathise...

Quote Originally Posted by CptnUtility View Post
    Btw, im legacy, and you can change your password in the account section of this website, going to change password, and follow the prompts
    Yes, and again like I said before, that may work for some, but not all. I for 1 had to go to the account section of the website and change the password back to the original one(the one that got "hacked") Just so i could open up HON and login(using that same "hacked PW") and once it let me into the game, i could then make the "new password" without getting the "The information you provided does not match any account" ERROR.

obviously...
    some account PWs can be changed ingame without issues
    some account PWs can be changed on the web via account management.
    some account PWs can be changed by using Idejders guide.
    however...
    some need to be changed by doing it with my method, as seen by a few people here including a GM and plenty others that have chosen to personally thank me ingame.

If you have nothing Positive to say, why post? go troll a post about cupcakes, just GTFO of here. I don't care what way worked for you, i'm posting what way worked for me, since I tried the way YOUR suggested way as well as 19+ options that DIDNT work.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnUtility View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IPeonPeons View Post
    Cheers, worked for me too.

Just so you know, I tried to change it on the site twice and both times it asked me to change my password ingame, not letting me in. Following the steps of this thread I managed to get it to work.
    Thank you [GM]IPeonPeons for your positive reply, glad it worked for you. This is proof, CptnUtility, that there are other methods needed.

Would love to change the PW on my main account, but unfortunately I never recieve the confirmation emails to the email address my main acc. is registered on. Pretty strange though, since I recieve all kinds of other HoN support mails on that mail account.

Edit: Nvm, opened the client and FINALLY managed to change my password after trying for over a year. GGS2 tyvm. Too bad I still get logged out of the forums every 20 seconds though. Took me 7 attempts to post this message.
    Last edited by Konnis; 12-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.

I was able to get it to work by
    1. Clicking the X to close the password change dialog
    2. Trying to login again with my old password (retyping it, not using saved one)
    3. Changing my password in the box that popped up (looked exactly the same, but worked.. go figure)
    4. Logging in with the new password (never did get an e-mail, but I didn't need to click any link)
    Last edited by Shai`tan; 12-17-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai`tan View Post
    I was able to get it to work by
    1. Clicking the X to close the password change dialog
    2. Trying to login again with my old password (retyping it, not using saved one)
    3. Changing my password in the box that popped up (looked exactly the same, but worked.. go figure)
    4. Logging in with the new password (never did get an e-mail, but I didn't need to click any link)
    For the love of god, do idiots like you read the posts before posting or what? This is for those of you that tried the "Idejders guide" and it DID NOT WORK.

READ THE POST!

Quote Originally Posted by _Badtz_Maru_ View Post
    For the love of god, do idiots like you read the posts before posting or what? This is for those of you that tried the "Idejders guide" and it DID NOT WORK.

READ THE POST!
    Man, can you stfu. I know your way is good and stuff. But people, should be able to post a solution, if it worked for them. Instead, of you flaming them calling them idiots and stupid trolls, and tell them to GTFO. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavednuts View Post
    Man, can you stfu. I know your way is good and stuff. But people, should be able to post a solution, if it worked for them. Instead, of you flaming them calling them idiots and stupid trolls, and tell them to GTFO. Just saying.
    OMFG KIDDO.. really His solution has already been posted, he logged in using a previous guide, this was for teh Legacy accounts specifically having trouble with the "the information does not match" crap. honestly. gtfo chump

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I just changed it on site, and then logged in. No issues.

Legacy account here, this didn't work. Still getting the dialog to change my password and whatever I do I get rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrotoxism View Post
    Legacy account here, this didn't work. Still getting the dialog to change my password and whatever I do I get rejected.
    same .. i can't put any new password in the game .. i change it twice on the website worked fine but in the game i get the error "the information you provided does not match bla bla bla "

Thanks OP, worked for me aswell.