Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: New Alt Avatar Contest Results!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon

New Alt Avatar Contest Results!

It's been a little while and with our first winner, Flora Silhouette coming along nicely, we'd like to take this time to announce our second winner from the Alt Avatar contest!

Congrats to LonelyKing!

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyKing View Post
    Alt Avatar for Pearl, the Bubble Mage: Ruby, the Blood Mage

Appearance

Ruby is a redhead with pink eyes and wears a crimson dress. She is in her early 20s. She wields a large staff with a scythe blade at the head.

Character

Ruby is part of an order whose craft originated when the Legion of Man was still a nomadic people. The Legion's early healers would use sigils and rituals to tap into ancient magic that they would use to ward off the beasts. While the beasts did not fear magic, they could sense the evil power at the source of these rituals - the dormant Hellbourne, deep below Newerth. The Legion was oblivious to the daemons whose power they borrowed, and as the women who practiced blood magic grew madder with age, they realized the source of the corruption was from the same thing that was protecting them. The blood mages were branded witches and burned at the stake. Not even the young apprentices would be spared; after a single taste of dark power, one would always crave more. Daemons whispered in their ears and the voices grew louder with each passing day.

Some of the Blood Mages escaped and went into hiding, forming small communities. These exiles have lived in secrecy, hidden under a veil of demonic magic for decades, practicing their arts and plotting revenge.. until the day the Hellbourne began their march.

The Hellbourne have unlocked their full potential and now all they want is to see the Legion fall.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Ruby was born an exile and taught from birth to hate the Legion. She lived in a secluded community and knows little of the outside world beyond what the elders have told her - largely of children's stories and propaganda, of the fascist Legion murderers and of blood thirsty beasts who take children who wander too far into the woods. All she knows is that the Legion must pay for the atrocities they committed, and the Hellbourne are the generous folk who have gifted her people with the power they needed to survive.. and exact revenge.

Ruby is a more mature, darker version of Pearl. The Blood Mages were trying to help the Legion just as the Bubble Mages did, using the only way they knew how. While their intentions were good, they succumbed to the Hellbourne influence and were killed off by their own people. The very same people that they were trying to help. I think it would be a addition to the lore, especially with the way they're adding more hero-relations lately.

Asphixiate:
    Simple red recolour, bursts into blood rather than bubbles.

Whirl Bubble:
    A wave of blood takes place of the bubble.

Soothing Presence:
    Simple recolour to red.

Preservation:
    Remove the bubble effect, tint it red, perhaps add a demonic-looking symbol to the ground beneath it like Summon Malphas.

__________________________________________________ _____

Please keep in mind that the above information and (especially) the image will merely serve as a a guide to making the idea a reality and might not represent the final product perfectly. Everyone should keep the following rule in mind:

NOTE:The winning idea is subject to partial or complete changes. When putting avatars into the game, sometimes things don't transfer into the game as well as we think they would in our heads. As a result, changes would have to get made in order to make the avatar work well in the game. Sometimes these changes are minor but sometimes they are drastic. Keep that in mind!

We loved this idea and can't wait to see what she'll look like when she makes her way to HoN. There's still more winners to announce so look out for more announcements from us on this topic in the future!

The recent influx of female avatars pleases me, in addition to that, this concept is both exciting and fitting. well done.
    Last edited by Gilgame; 12-13-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Can't wait to see the final result ingame.
    Though I kind of like Pearl's basic avatar.
    oi

Congrats!
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

Account Icon
    That's awesome!
    Can't wait to see both alts in game!
    And congrats to LonelyKing.

Check out this noob's awesome videos!

Congrats and plz one of alunas avatar to win......zero avatar for aluna

Fiora Sil this Friday?

Account Icon
    While I love the concept for avatar, I hope there will be separate bloodmage(hemmorhage manipulating mage) hero. And no, no bloodhunter. An int hero.

Lovely. Keep up the good work mate.

I hope that the lines and the voice get more mature and fitting for the alt, not a girly voice over a bloodbending mage

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That idea sounds and looks amazing! The concept art looks REALLY good. Really looking forward to seeing it in-game.
    Headphone Audiophile and Music Lover | Senior Retail Candidate Tester | Electricity & Electronics Student

Account Icon
    Blood sporting around...then more blood combined with Gore Taunt.
    What more can we ask of S2, I say.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyToast View Post
    That idea sounds and looks amazing! The concept art looks REALLY good. Really looking forward to seeing it in-game.
    Not our concept art. :-p

That's just the image that LonelyKing used to illustrate his idea. There will be another concept art for her.

Quote Originally Posted by billy98 View Post
    Congrats and plz one of alunas avatar to win......zero avatar for aluna
    They can't. The real-life person that they based aluna off of (and who owns a chunk of aluna IIRC) doesn't want any alts. Therefore they can't do any. It's also why we have headhunter valk instead of headhunter aluna.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderK View Post
    Not our concept art. :-p

That's just the image that LonelyKing used to illustrate his idea. There will be another concept art for her.
    Are the concept arts for these alts going to be released before the alt avatar? Would be kinda interesting to see those

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

where the opportunity to share ideas about alt avatars?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidfox View Post
    where the opportunity to share ideas about alt avatars?
    The contest this thread is about is already over, but you can post your suggestion in the suggestion forums here:

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...y.php?199-Shop

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

When will Flora Silhouette sell in shop. I want to use her avatar now.

19.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Are the concept arts for these alts going to be released before the alt avatar? Would be kinda interesting to see those
    Keep your eyes peeled today and you might just see one for Silee- I mean... Flora Silhouette!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Can we atleast be assured that the pearl avatar isn't going to be looking like a 5-6y old kindergarden girl.
    Doesn't matter if you pearl is supposed to be 20 or 1000 year old.. she still look like a child that just woke up from the midday nap.
    Say, I seem to have lost my brain, you don't seem to be using yours... can I have it?