Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The Creative Continuum #5: Sponsored by Sound Blaster!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon

The Creative Continuum #5: Sponsored by Sound Blaster!

It's December, which is a special time of year for all of us, and that calls for a special edition of the Creative Continuum!

As you may have heard, Sound Blaster announced a brand new league for Heroes of Newerth today and they're sponsoring a contest in the Creative Continuum too! To enter, you'll need to submit an image created by you that celebrates the new Sound Blaster Heroes League. How you "celebrate" it is up to your creative minds! It can mean heroes gathered around the Sound Blaster Heroes logo, holding a Sound Blaster product or whatever you come up with!

This contest is also unique in the way that it will be judged. Once submissions are closed, Sound Blaster will select their favorite images and put them to a vote on their Facebook page. The top three vote-getters will receive some awesome Sound Blaster gear! Check below for specifics.

The second part of this month's contest is very special too! Recently, we released our HoN eCards, which lets players send gifts of gold coins to each other for various occasions and we thought it would be a great idea to get our awesome community in on the action. Below, you'll find a rough image (and a link to the PSD) that we'd like to see made into an eCard. It's your job to create a scene that this image will fit in and color it all in. The winning submission will have their image added as one of the choices in our eCard system!

Here are the links to submit your work!

Sound Blaster Heroes Submissions

HoN eCard Submissions

Prizes

For the Sound Blaster Heroes Contest, here's the breakdown of prizes:
    1st place: Sound Blaster Rage USB headset and Sound Blaster Z sound card
    2nd place: Sound Blaster Z sound card
    3rd place:​ Sound Blaster Rage USB headset

The winner of the eCard contest will have their submission added as one of the choices in the eCard system!

The creators of the winning selections in both contests will receive 600 Gold Goblin Coins for their hard work.

Contest Assets

Sound Blaster Heroes (WARNING: Images are large for quality purposes.)

HoN eCard (Also a large image AND a download link for the PSD of it)

Sound Blaster Heroes Submission Requirements
    Images must be 860x405
    Images must be in JPG or PNG format
    Images must be HoN related
    Images must include at least one of the Sound Blaster images found above. You may create a version of the products/logo to better fit your image.
    Images must be completed (color, etc.). No incomplete submissions will be considered.

HoN eCard Submission Requirements
    Final image must be 2100x1650
    Images must be submitted in PNG format
    Images must be HoN related
    Images must include the eCard sketch image found above
    Images must be completed (color, etc.). No incomplete submissions will be considered.

The contests will run until December 28th!
    Last edited by xanderK; 12-05-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Goodluck to all

Account Icon
    Took me a bit to work out which heroes were in the e-card image. For those confused it's Aluna infront and Forsaken Archer in the back, don't forget to colour them accordingly!

I Empathise...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    "Images must include at least one of the Sound Blaster images found above" Wow, really? :/ Those images are really ugly and compositionally difficult to work with (lighting wise as well). Wouldn't it be more interesting if you let people draw the items themselves? Assuming they can draw it so that it's recognizable as a Sound Blaster item.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhune View Post
    "Images must include at least one of the Sound Blaster images found above" Wow, really? :/ Those images are really ugly and compositionally difficult to work with (lighting wise as well). Wouldn't it be more interesting if you let people draw the items themselves? Assuming they can draw it so that it's recognizable as a Sound Blaster item.
    THIS
    it imposes such creative limitations on the contest, and the provided soundblaster images will stick out like a sore thumb from the rest of the image, like Lhune said; is it possible for us to simply draw the products in there ourselves? i see the results being much better if this was an option.
    Last edited by _Exodus_; 12-05-2012 at 04:38 AM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhune View Post
    Of course. I'll ask Sound Blaster to make they're cool with that.

Account Icon
    I think a fair trade is for that the drawn items to clearly depict the Soundblaster logo. That should be simple enough for anyone to include in the art.

I Empathise...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ugh, I wish they had an easier logo in that case, lol. Like just a symbol or something. Still, would be cool to paint a hero wearing that headset. I probably won't have time for it but I'm looking forward to the entries :>.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Account Icon
    They're totally fine with people drawing the products. Feel free to use the included images as a reference for creating those images.

for the hon ecard how we color the right eye of aluna????????????eyes has 3 colors the white part the brawn,blue,greenand other colors part and the black.Why the right eye of aluna needs to be colored with 4 colors?????????????????
    sry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by billy98 View Post
    for the hon ecard how we color the right eye of aluna????????????eyes has 3 colors the white part the brawn,blue,greenand other colors part and the black.Why the right eye of aluna needs to be colored with 4 colors?????????????????
    sry for my english
    i ran into this problem too, but decided to colour 2 sections the same colour, fixing the little mistake in the sketch
    Graphic/Web Designer and Designer of Free Custom Account Icons (CAI) and Custom Backgrounds

Click the pic for my mashup thread of HoN and other characters from games/movies/shows
    Click here for my Hero morph thread (merging 1 or more heroes together)

Click here for my Deviantart Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    i ran into this problem too, but decided to colour 2 sections the same colour, fixing the little mistake in the sketch
    i will do the same then. good luck

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Account Icon
    The innermost "circle" on Aluna's eyes is a glint mark upon the black iris of her eye. Theoretically, it should be left white. It depicts where the hard overhead light source hits the dark of her iris. This technique is often done by cartoonists.

See a similar effect, here:
    Design | S2 Games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I have time I will try to make Rhapsody with those nice Sound Blaster headphones.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It looks like DarkUther is gonna win this too.

Quote Originally Posted by CJXander View Post
    It looks like DarkUther is gonna win this too.
    Yup Hobbist artist dont have any chances against pro renderings and that stuff

Sorry for the double post :P, but.... can we make more than one entry per contests ?

20.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by endoh69 View Post
    Sorry for the double post :P, but.... can we make more than one entry per contests ?
    Sure! Why not? :-D