Thread: HON community is horrible. Wth happened?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

HON community is horrible. Wth happened?

Hey everyone. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but this is something I've noticed and pretty much experience every game now. People have horrible sportsmanship nowadays. They like to blame everybody but themselves. They do things solely to try to upset other people. I'll list a few of them.

1. During the losing phase, either 1 of 2 things will happen. Half the team will want to CC and the other half will think winning is still possible. The half that wants to give up will camp fountain or complain or afk. In the other scenario, the loss of the game is most likely the outcome and half the team won't CC to get back at the people on their team for not CC'ing earlier.

2. People like to blame everyone but themselves. They'll blame pink or blue for not having enough kills. They'll blame mid. Even when mid does well, they'll blame mid for not ganking enough. They'll find any reason, to blame any person. They'll blame brown just for being brown even though their mmr and kdr arent litterally 10 points or a fraction off. They'll blame light blue or dark green for "thinking hes blue or pink" and going mid. They'll blame mid for ganking too much and taking all the hero kills when mids a hero that doesnt snowball well and can't carry the game.

3. People will try to feel better about themselves after a loss by solely crediting the win to the carry or just one player on the other team. People will say after a game - "oh your scout carried your team, the rest of you all did nothing" and then abruptly leave the chat room before you can respond. So let me get this straight...to try to diminish the win for the winning team, someone will belittle 4 members of the winning team who did what was right and helped contribute to that win. So at the end of the day, the douchebag who made the comment can sleep, because they knew they ruined the experience for as many people as they could.

4. People will always blame the support for anything and everything. I remember this one game i went mana ring, astrolabe, and barrier idol as jere and the entire team yelled i wasnt doing enough. I casted everything every team fight and on the right people. so of course then they go on to say it was the lack of warding and upgrading the chicken 30 mins ago. with knuckle heads, you cant win sometimes ( i recommend listing how many wards you bought being listed at the end of the game to game developers, hopefully this small fix can resolve a lot of rage issues.)

This is getting ridiculous guys, I have a lot of brand loyalty and I would've stuck with this game till dota 4 came out but it's just getting difficult to even enjoy one game. What the hell is wrong with everyone? Is it because this games been out for awhile and only the knuckleheads who cant buy a new computer who has resentment stuck around? I literally have like 2000 gold left but just dont care enough to stick around to spend that gold because there is not one decent person left in this game. I really feel bad about the developers whos trying as hard as they can to keep this game alive because it's not the lack of content or originality thats making the population drop, its all the haters, complainers, and trollers. May you all get hit by lighting.

(gr8pez posts, walks away from computer, goes outside) *ZAP* (gets hit by lightning.)

Account Icon
    Good post.

These are all points that people have mentioned time and again about the community and about solo-queue in general. However, this is a nice summary of most of the bad experiences that we take away from our games. It's either your team flaming you, or the enemy team flaming you for being a tryhard/noob. Mid blue/pink gets blamed, support gets blamed and lane-mates get called out for everything.

What you have to remember is that these aren't rationalized responses. These impulsive and hot-headed responses are meant to break you down.

I was playing Tundra last night. Our draconis got a 35min nullstone. Tempest started off with a manatube and a soulscream ring with striders. I went 2-0 in mid lane, but the score was 13-5 in their favor. They had a gank heavy team and things weren't looking too good. People wanted to concede early but I wasn't going to give up so easily. It wasn't because I wanted to get back at my team or make them sit through a rough game - I had hope. I wanted to win.

58mins in, that manatube becomes a refresher and soon Tempest is casting double ults and destroying the enemy team. We won the game, much flaming was experienced in post-game chat from the enemy team. But it was a good day.

Anyway, my point was that sometimes, you have to trust your teammates and try to mitigate the anger and the hate. You are responsible for your game. Use the /ic function to ban all chat from enemy flamers because that never helps.

Good luck.

This game meant something to me once.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Games hard.
    A lot of frustrated boys with excessive testosterone.
    We need mote girls to calm the atmosphere.

Well the HoN community has always been shiet

I feel you tho. :l

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    nr 1 is so true.. this happens 1/4 games for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8pez View Post
    it's just getting difficult to even enjoy one game.
    That's the TL;DR and the core problem with HoN that needs solution.

I believe that I speak for much more ppl than just myself when I say that I'd rather just lurk the forums or watch streams than playing the game itself, mainly because it's hard to actually have a good time in tmm.

How does that make sense??

Inb4 thread lock. :/
    Last edited by S3PH; 11-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I want to add one thing.

A friend told me:

Even when you play the lower brackets as a beginner, there is so many smurfs around that actually monster rage at the new guys because they can't play. What do they expect, that a 1400 that wants to learn the game play flawless? Unreal in my eyes, and kinda sad.

No wonder there is hard to recruit friends that want to try this type of game out...

leave and never look back.................. do it

Quote Originally Posted by S3PH View Post

Inb4 thread lock. :/
    Nah, there's still a little time left before Katieee gets on.

On topic, they're aware of the fact that the community is crap and trolling is getting to be excessive. But the solution is one that is complex, especially for a free to play game that is at it's core, very competitive. Competition always brings out the worst in people, and add in the protective anonymity of the internet to a bunch of young men and you are bound to have issues. Feel free to post something on the suggestion forums if you think you've got a plan to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bleakfaith View Post
    leave and never look back.................. do it
    So u mean only nice people play dota 2 and ragers will always play hon? intresting

first of all you're mostly right, at least i experienced it, too - especially the thing with blaming everyone but themselves (nearly every game, srsly!)
    but this happened like... erm forever, i don't even know when it started, it just did suddenly and words like "retard" got common

BUT: it's not only the community, developers, too, got cocky - i kinda remember the time the developers/company wasn't that bad, but nowadays they really got cocky
    nearly every critisicm is not allowed (and i'm kinda afraid that this one is forbidden, too *lol) but i won't stop saying the truth and my opinion

u can't solve the problem just by posting it, 'cuz trolls wont listen and most of them aren't even in the forums, even if the forums are full of them *lol
    but it's nice to meet ppl who are seeing this devolpment of bad habits within the community

a friend of mine recently came back to play after a 2-3 year hiatus and it was real fun for like a week and then he quit and when i asked him why he said "the idiots made me remembered why i quit in the first place, but it seemed to be about 100 times worst than before." this is a guy who doesnt go on the forums or doesnt analyze the people/metagame/general mindsets and was able to come to this conclusion on his own. and this is what happens to returning players or people trying the game for the first time.

i ask that this thread not get closed in an attempt to reach everyone and perhaps everyone agreeing can negate some of the negativity of the people who still play and hate, because if it doesnt, they're not going to have anyone to play with soon.

do w/e you want, I'm not staying. just an advice.
    seriously I'm just so relieved it's fantastic

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Stats are the mother of this attitude.

Every type of game with stats, you will get ragers

HoN is a very stressing and frustrating game, i don't judge anyone for having bad manners.

Quote Originally Posted by keot View Post
    Stats are the mother of this attitude.

Every type of game with stats, you will get ragers
    i believe youre onto something. back in the dota days, people were more tolerable because you played to have fun and not to increase your KDR. Also, loading times were 10 minutes each so people gave up less often. perhaps we should bring those back so people are less inclined to ruin games one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8pez View Post
    i believe youre onto something. back in the dota days, people were more tolerable because you played to have fun and not to increase your KDR. Also, loading times were 10 minutes each so people gave up less often. perhaps we should bring those back so people are less inclined to ruin games one way or another.
    can't really agree ... back in the old dota times there was like every game a leaver after the first blood, wasn't fun at all...
    and imo it isn't bad to concede in the first 15 min. if the outcome seems to be very clear... it's better to concede early on than wasting time, but of course not after the first blood was done

it's only a game, yet people rage/flame/troll and even in competitive, they do the same in TMM or public whatsoever but hey, guess what in tournament they don't, i dont know whats wrong with this game really, ill just play all games /ignore everyone who talk ****/flame cant be arsed raging over a game

This isn't anything new. Get over it, because it won't change.
    I've decided to make a sig. I hope you're enjoying it.

Wth happened, implying this is something new?

Remember when the community was good? THE COMMUNITY WAS NEVER GOOD
    Too many Devourer alts and no girl yet?! Help me fix this horrible injustice!! (Moved to archive, I am so sad!)
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-L2P-this-hero!