Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: infractions

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

infractions

How do infraction points work ? What do they stand for and at how many points do we get perma-banned?
    Why aren't images on signatures allowed even when I have a single minor infraction. On my page it says points in infraction 1(0) , what does this mean ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Nemesis10549; 11-11-2012 at 08:08 AM.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    0 points: Warning
    1 point: 1 day without ability to post
    2 points: 7 days without ability to post
    3 points: 2 weeks without ability to post
    4 points: 1 month without ability to post
    5 points/8 active infractions: Permanent ban

Warnings don't expire, but 1 point infractions expire after 6 months.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    img in sig should be functional for you, for some reason no sig is working for you.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    @Ninja101 :- thanks
    @Naib :- Exactly the reason why I posted. I can't upload images in sig.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    You need to use an offsite image host. We do not allow uploading images directly.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I tried editing his sig to add in an img, it doesn't seem to get shown

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Account Icon
    As a person that had an infraction, i would like to remind you, that having an infraction disables images and other advanced functions in a signature. I am pretty sure it is written somewhere in the rules.

for
    months
    until infraction expires.

It may be not intended, but it is like that. I will take my time to find more info about it and edit this post as soon as I find it.
    I find it WAY too harsh.

edit: this is what a mod that gave me infraction wrote when I asked about it:
    First of all signature images are automatically removed and restricted for as long as an infraction remains active.
    took the name out because I was not sure if I can quote it with it.
    Last edited by TurboHydra; 11-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboHydra View Post
    edit: this is what a mod that gave me infraction wrote when I asked about it:
    First of all signature images are automatically removed and restricted for as long as an infraction remains active.

took the name out because I was not sure if I can quote it with it.
    Sounds like the best mod in the world!
    On a related note, you can also find this info in the forum basics:
    Users with 1 or more active infractions will have more restrictions placed on their signatures:

• Maximum total height: 200px
    • Maximum lines: 9
    • Maximum total characters: 1000
    • Allowed BBcode tags: [b], [i], [u], [size] (max=2)
    • Images, Fonts, Colors, Links, and Emoticons are not available
    • Please review the Forum Rules for additional information in infractions.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Customer & Tech Support
    Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Eric S. | Remote Quality Assurance

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Since warnings don't have an expiry, does it mean I won't be able to upload images ever I.e no images for the rest of my HoN life ?

Isn't this unfair or am I missing something ?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Inomares View Post
    Sounds like the best mod in the world!
    On a related note, you can also find this info in the forum basics:

Tbh I am angry only because I don't have the sig. Nothing personal.
    I do not like the global one that I asked for more info. He is "too busy" to pm users that ask about rules in civilized manner, apparently.

edit: OP, I am sure they expire in 6 months since the day they were given.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis10549 View Post
    Since warnings don't have an expiry, does it mean I won't be able to upload images ever I.e no images for the rest of my HoN life ?

Isn't this unfair or am I missing something ?
    Warnings do not count as an infraction. "Users with 1 or more active infractions will have more restrictions placed on their signatures:"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    OK lets slow down a bit here.

TWO different issues and really there should be two different threads.
    The OP is a conundrum, without going into details there isn't anything that should stop him having an img signature. Right now he isn't even displaying a signature, even the simple text one I set it to

The issue with TurboHydra and his signature is downto active infraction. There is still an active infraction and thus an img-based signature is disabled

OP have you got set "Show your signature"

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Naib View Post
    OK lets slow down a bit here.

TWO different issues and really there should be two different threads.
    The issue with TurboHydra and his signature is downto active infraction. There is still an active infraction and thus an img-based signature is disabled
    I was sure that OPs warning is an infraction, and expires like them. My bad. As for me, I know. I am just friendly poking Inomares, for fun.

14.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14
    I tried editing his sig to add in an img, it doesn't seem to get shown
    The OP is a conundrum, without going into details there isn't anything that should stop him having an img signature. Right now he isn't even displaying a signature, even the simple text one I set it to
    Signatures displayed are cached with the post when it is created. If you don't have a signature and create a post, that post will still not show your signature. If you then add a signature in your user options it will display on new posts but not the existing ones...at least until the cache is rebuilt explicitly or expires for that particular content. Using your profile instead of a post is a better way to check if your signature modification has changed as you expected it to.