Thread: Hard Carrying in TMM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll see if I can play a MQ game tomorrow, I'm not at home right now, so you'll have to wait or hope someone else does it.
    Learn how to play Midas in two simple steps:
    Step 1: click the link
    Step 2: start reading
    Clicky

The thing that worked for me (Haven't played in a while currently), is to pick an hard carry that can easily recover farm later on, A good example would be magebane,Chronos or a TDL, these heroes have great mobility and don't need much to be able to take out jungle camps when the lane isn't going great (usually lifetube, but goes much faster with sustainer) then keep the farm up.

For example my magebane has 73% winning (after 22 games) with an average gpm of 450. (and 8K+ad) not sure if it'll work for u but guess worth a try.
    3D portfolio & HONiversay runner up winner video -> here
    Item suggestion Need critism -> here

Quote Originally Posted by Syllab View Post
    I'll see if I can play a MQ game tomorrow, I'm not at home right now, so you'll have to wait or hope someone else does it.
    Play and send me replay id or post it here. Tnx!
    The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind... the answer is blowing in the wind...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Uroefl View Post
    The thing that worked for me (Haven't played in a while currently), is to pick an hard carry that can easily recover farm later on, A good example would be magebane,Chronos or a TDL, these heroes have great mobility and don't need much to be able to take out jungle camps when the lane isn't going great (usually lifetube, but goes much faster with sustainer) then keep the farm up.

For example my magebane has 73% winning (after 22 games) with an average gpm of 450. (and 8K+ad) not sure if it'll work for u but guess worth a try.
    why not swiftblade?i find him easier to recover from a bad start than a magebane.what does a magebane do without items?waits for the enemy pyro to use his mana?with swiftblade you can still be a threat to the enemy with your 2 buttons.there is also a big difference between a 13 min runed and a 20+runed since no decent team will allow you to get runed late(they will push your towers and even if you get runed,you will find yourself in no position to farm with it).and there is also very hard to have a bad start with swiftblade(unless counterpicked)

for op,i would suggest trying jungler carries too.since you start in jungle,there is nobody there to deny your farm(unless parasite or wards,or another idiot teammate who picks solstice and claims he can't lane).
    Last edited by Clytemnestra; 11-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Swiftblade is a hero who can get 5 kills in the first 10 minutes of the game and then lose the game because how ridiculously underwhelming he is in a teamfight (no disables or slows) and how bad he is as a carry.
    He's a horrible hero in general and an extremely bad solo-queue especially b/c he needs a slow/immobilize in his lane.

Some hard carries to avoid:

Magebane: bad starting power
    Chronos: ^
    Sand Wraith: ^
    Oogie: ^ (unless you mid)

These heroes are melee and are bad laners, and chances are you wont get a baby-sitter in your lane. If you are one of these heroes and you are up against a tough lane, you are screwed.

Everyone else is perfectly comfortable in solo-queue
    Some really good ones
    Famous for being a good mid, a good laner, and having some nice magic burst. And has an escape.
    600 range with escape and flash farm. Also can mid.
    600 range with some serious harrass with escapes and farm.
    Last hit with W if your lane is tough. Farm really fast and has an escape and annoying as hell ultimate.
    Block their jungle, screw over all their wards, silence their whole team, farm real fast, and one-shot their squishies who didn't stack armor. (some skill required)

Quote Originally Posted by SirRadish View Post
    Swiftblade is a hero who can get 5 kills in the first 10 minutes of the game and then lose the game because how ridiculously underwhelming he is in a teamfight (no disables or slows) and how bad he is as a carry.
    He's a horrible hero in general and an extremely bad solo-queue especially b/c he needs a slow/immobilize in his lane.

Some hard carries to avoid:

Magebane: bad starting power
    Chronos: ^
    Sand Wraith: ^
    Oogie: ^ (unless you mid)

These heroes are melee and are bad laners, and chances are you wont get a baby-sitter in your lane. If you are one of these heroes and you are up against a tough lane, you are screwed.

Everyone else is perfectly comfortable in solo-queue
    Some really good ones
    Famous for being a good mid, a good laner, and having some nice magic burst. And has an escape.
    600 range with escape and flash farm. Also can mid.
    600 range with some serious harrass with escapes and farm.
    Last hit with W if your lane is tough. Farm really fast and has an escape and annoying as hell ultimate.
    Block their jungle, screw over all their wards, silence their whole team, farm real fast, and one-shot their squishies who didn't stack armor. (some skill required)
    Madman is not good mid....especially after ferrying bottle is not allowed now.
    Also swiftblade would be more of a semi carry than a hard carry

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMa` View Post
    Madman is not good mid....especially after ferrying bottle is not allowed now.
    Also swiftblade would be more of a semi carry than a hard carry
    Madman is damn strong mid hero, what you mean with ferrying bottle isnt allowed?
    Madman has everything what a good mid hero needs, burst, rune control and pretty sick ganking abilities.
    I wouldnt even pick madman if someone else wanted to mid, since he really shines in that lane.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackwell1 View Post
    Madman is damn strong mid hero, what you mean with ferrying bottle isnt allowed?
    Madman has everything what a good mid hero needs, burst, rune control and pretty sick ganking abilities.
    I wouldnt even pick madman if someone else wanted to mid, since he really shines in that lane.
    nymph madman lane?for me,it's worse than nymph pebbles.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    nymph madman lane?for me,it's worse than nymph pebbles.
    You can lane any hero who uses mana to harras big time + nymph with good success.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDZepplin_ View Post
    Play and send me replay id or post it here. Tnx!
    Here's a mq game, I miss a ton of lasthits that I shouldn't miss, but this is like the second MQ game I do in a loooong time, and she has a bit of a big animation on her, also aluna didn't make it easier for me. It is a loss, but it kinda shows where to get farm and how to not die a lot even in that scenario. I end up with a 7/2/4 score and 280 gpm, while my team has the impressive stats of 3/4/2 soulstealer, 1/9/2 devourer, 1/9/5 nymph, and 3/4/5 aluna. Amazing. I tried to get the best ouf of the worst situation, tomorrow I'll try to post a winner with 500+ gpm.
    Clicky

104785570 is a win, didn't farm well, but got a lot of early kills off and did well after I decided not to depend on team and just go farm some stuff, though it's not that easy with a 4-man farming team + a solo support.
    Clicky

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Request any hero in solo queue in whatever rating you want (I assume <1700 so I can still try to solo it with bad team). I'll post the replay after.

(1800+ carry player btw)

Good then I won't have to do it anymore ^^
    Clicky

[PAUL]Rordarok: Moon queen . Also can i post a my replay when i just kill opponets in earyl game and get like 6 0 but still had barely 300 gpm and farmed well ( imo ) and you review it and tell me waht did i do wrong? lategame i had like 500 gpm but still so low.

Can you do more replays than 1 ^^?
    Last edited by LeDZepplin_; 11-13-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind... the answer is blowing in the wind...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rordarok View Post
    Request any hero in solo queue in whatever rating you want (I assume <1700 so I can still try to solo it with bad team). I'll post the replay after.

(1800+ carry player btw)
    madman,but not mid.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Playing HoN is fun I guess, so I don't really mind doing requests regarding that. If I play a match with one of those heroes, I'll post 'em here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ackwell1 View Post
    Ferrying Bottle as in recharging the bottle by sending it back to base via courier.

Game Master Account Icon
    Could I request a Gunblade replay? Cool hero, I like him heaps but I just can't seem to win when I play him

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^
    104301832 There is one, was kinda short game, didnt had the best time but still I believe I did fine. I think the opposite team rampage was ganking me mid and that why I got few deaths. That was one of my first GB games and that hero just seem to be very strong in mid. Too bad I cant find my first GB game I remember that being pretty damn good one. Also I dont think energizer is that good on him, but I wanted to try it. He already has ms boost in the shield spell.

By the way here's a high level madman sidelane game:
    Clicky