Thread: Curious about Accursed's Ultimate.

Curious about Accursed's Ultimate.

Just wondering if Accursed's ultimate factors in his armour and magic armour. Thanks to anyone who knows

Edit: Does cauterise also apply his passive?
    Last edited by Dukez95; 10-28-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: More information

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Flame consumption [R] - Is not affected by any type of armor.
    All incoming damages is used to directly heal you. After that the damage is simply scaled to 0 damage.

---

Cauterize [Q] - Does not apply his passive.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Problems with the HoN Store? Message me! Skype: Necrothica <3 Blitz

I forgot to mention that your passive only activates when your autoattack hits the enemy. It's not affected by any of your spells/items.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

This probably fits more into the balancing forum, but shouldn't it apply on use, would be a nice buff to accursed, doubt it would make him that strong.
    ChuŽ playing Codex 5 swedish version, someone asks him why he is listening to the swedish version
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuŽ View Post
    How could you not listen to this when you have Codex level 5?

^ Would just encourage Accursed to use Cauterise aggressively.
    I do commissions for drawings/paintings/digital art. My profile is at http://scw55.deviantart.com
    Suggestion: Assists for effective heals; Accursed solution: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ffective-Heals

Melee Agility Support Initiator: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Sherwood/Loki
    Ranged Strength Support Initiator: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Sherwood/Drone
    Pusher/Support with potential global presence: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...ood/Luminarium

If I bought Geometer's bane on accursed, would the illusions apply his passive with their attacks? What if I pick up an illusion rune? Will I have the debuff applied to me if fayde uses her shadow thing on me?

Quote Originally Posted by smallbluedot View Post
    If I bought Geometer's bane on accursed, would the illusions apply his passive with their attacks? What if I pick up an illusion rune? Will I have the debuff applied to me if fayde uses her shadow thing on me?
    There is no restriction on illusions in his code.

So all illusions (including fayde's stun) apply their passive buff and debuff.

Oh question time Necroth.
    Are faydes illusions set to attack a certain amount of times, or only to do certain amount of damage?
    Because that would mean that accursed spawned illusions from faydes stun would attack faster, possibly dealing more damage if the attackspeed increase was a large enough percentage to incorporate another full attack.
    Quote: Nyaru
    Originally Posted by Wolfoy
    If you ever see an orange item, be sure to buy it asap cause I bet it helps team win
    :WardOfSight: Courier, Doombringer
    Holy **** you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow`` View Post
    Are faydes illusions set to attack a certain amount of times, or only to do certain amount of damage?
    Because that would mean that accursed spawned illusions from faydes stun would attack faster, possibly dealing more damage if the attackspeed increase was a large enough percentage to incorporate another full attack.
    # of attacks (and a duration, you can outrun the illusion if you blink away mid-stun [blink going off and stun effect still happening] and it expires whilst running)
    #reinstateapostate

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow`` View Post
    Looking through the state_countattacks.entity file you'll see the following:
    Code:
    movespeed="522"
    attackspeedslow="-.45"
    Showing the illusion Movement speed and Attack Speed Slow.
    Code:
    <order command="attack" force="true" forceduration="8000" source="this_owner_entity" target="proxy_entity" />
    Showing that illusions will be forced to attack (and hunt) the target for a duration of up to 8 seconds.
    Code:
    <oninflict>
    <setcharges a="1,2,3,4" />
    </oninflict>

<onattackimpact>
    <damage effecttype="Magic" amount="70" source="source_owner_entity" />
    <removecharge />
    This one is showing that each illusion spawned will have a maximum set of charges. A charge is consumed for each attack (meaning the illusions can't attack more than four times at level 4).
    Also, the illusions will only deal 70 Magic Damage as attack damage (assuming they don't have any passives applied too, like Magebane's 1st ability).

I hope this answers your questions.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-|- Replays Section Moderator -|- Competitive Discussion Moderator -|- Scarab Awarded Pro Bug Reporter -|-

Quote Originally Posted by Thuriner View Post
    Also, the illusions will only deal 70 Magic Damage as attack damage (assuming they don't have any passives applied too, like Magebane's 1st ability).
    Well, technically, the illusion has it's autoattack damage scaled to 0 damage and thus has an attack damage of zero. This is also the reason why faydes illusion can not cleave, while other illusions can.
    So everytime the illusion hits an auto attack, it basically deals 0 autoattack damage (and any passive ability that hero has). In addition to that it deals 70 magic damage (but not as auto attack damage).

Thanks for the answers. And miscellaneous other things I've learnt concerning passive/illusions.

You're very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroth View Post
    This is also the reason why faydes illusion can not cleave, while other illusions can.
    They can, and it has been the cause of my death at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by SmeaaKol View Post
    They can, and it has been the cause of my death at least once.
    They can not.

Customer & Tech Support
    Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Eric S. | Remote Quality Assurance

Quote Originally Posted by Inomares View Post
    They can not.
    They deal the damage of 0 (as does the cleave). A Swiftblade on my team was chasing an enemy Fayde, Fayde turned around and stunned him and just after that I ran by the Swiftblade with low hp and a health potion activated. The health potion was de-activated by the Fayde illusion's cleave and 5 seconds later I died to a TB ultimate (I would've lived had my health potion not been cancelled).

SmeaaKol is right actually.

The illusion still cleaves 0 damage (this is why I said it doesnt cleave).

My apologizes.