Thread: altaks' Trap'o'Matic (item suggestion)

Hybrid View

altaks' Trap'o'Matic (item suggestion)

Item Properties/Attributes:

* +65 damage
    * +15 agility
    * Use: Places a magic immune Static Trap at a target location with 100hp. After a 3 sec delay, stuns enemies in a 350 radius for 2 seconds. (It will not attract creeps) Costs 150-200 mana (haven't decided yet) with 50 sec cooldown

Item ingredients:
    * Slayer (2400g)
    * Bastard Sword (1400g)
    * Quickblade (1000g)
    * Recipe (1000g)
    TOTAL: 5800g

Goal of the item:
    * This is a team based item. It can be devistating in team fights if the enemy doesn't spot it in time and kills it.
    Last edited by altaks; 06-09-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: altaks' Trap'o'Matic (Item suggestion)

sounds really cool. its like techies' skill, only in an item. why it has agility, i dont know.. could possibly be another primary stat or bonus. agility heroes rarely have alot of mana.
    what if you change one of the items with the item that gives 10 to all stats. giving it slightly less damage, but 10 to all stats.

Not a bad idea, Turisten. Then it would look something like this:

Item Properties/Attributes:
    * +65 damage
    * +10 strength
    * +10 agility
    * +10 intelligence
    * Use: Places a magic immune Static Trap at a target location with 100hp. After a 3 sec delay, stuns enemies in a 350 radius for 2 seconds. (It will not attract creeps) Costs 150-200 mana (haven't decided yet) with 50 sec cooldown

Item ingredients:
    * Slayer (2400g)
    * Bastard Sword (1400g)
    * Blessed Orb (2100g)
    * Recipe (500g)
    TOTAL: 6400g

Goal of the item:
    * This is a team based item. It can be devistating in team fights if the enemy doesn't spot it in time and kills it.

Now it seems kinda expensive. What do you think?
    EDIT: Maybe the mana cost is to high?
    Last edited by altaks; 06-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.

You get mana from the 10 int, so thats ok.

But when i think about the ingredients, its actually 2 weapons used to increase the damage on the item. i dont understand why you would use weapons to make a statis trap.. if you know what i mean..

Quote Originally Posted by Turisten View Post
    I dont understand why you would use weapons to make a statis trap.. if you know what i mean..
    I know what you mean. I don't like the idea of bottling Techies' ability and giving it to everyone. If a Techies like character is going to be put into the game, then definitely no-go for this item. Even if they weren't, I'm not keen on the idea of an AoE stun item. Multiples of this item can easily ruin games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    I know what you mean. I don't like the idea of bottling Techies' ability and giving it to everyone. If a Techies like character is going to be put into the game, then definitely no-go for this item. Even if they weren't, I'm not keen on the idea of an AoE stun item. Multiples of this item can easily ruin games.

but a 3 sec "cast" time, so you can get out in time. you can even kill it with one shot from a ranged hero. It really makes you pay attention in epic battles.