Thread: Ultimate dps pyromancer guide

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Ultimate dps pyromancer guide

    http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroe...php?gid=263120

    everygame i played with guide i enede up droing pretty great...yet.

    grimoire jsut seem like the perfect item for pyromancer...not only it does boost his naturally huge nuking power and keep mana up and runiing for restless gank and spam of skill to farm.

    but it also give him quite a lot of attack power, what is the 2e stroung point of pyromancer. especialy once you get a null or a harkon, if your nuke chain did not kill the most tanky isntantly...+40 searing + your passive dps + your attack power - 5 magic armor + super attack and movement speed will amke short work of them.




    melt poeple away

  2. #2
    I see two things here I dont like. It's a pretty standard guide I think, BUT: U rly rly rly should get a PK. Also, I don't like spellshards on Pyro. Rather get something like sheepstick for extra utility. Building both Grimoire + Shards AND building Savage, rift + Harkon's is kind of contradictory aswell. You get 2 items that boost your spells, and 3 items that boost your auto-damage.

    Only times I would get spellshards on Pyro is when forced to play support/semi-support.

    Grimoire sure looks like an interesting item for pyro, and since I haven't had enough experience with neither grimoire nor searing light etc, I can't rly comment on that.

    Once again, try out using PK. It's beyond godlike on pyro. A simple must-have and it completely changes your game-play.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommysmamma View Post
    I see two things here I dont like. It's a pretty standard guide I think, BUT: U rly rly rly should get a PK. Also, I don't like spellshards on Pyro. Rather get something like sheepstick for extra utility. Building both Grimoire + Shards AND building Savage, rift + Harkon's is kind of contradictory aswell. You get 2 items that boost your spells, and 3 items that boost your auto-damage.

    Only times I would get spellshards on Pyro is when forced to play support/semi-support.

    Grimoire sure looks like an interesting item for pyro, and since I haven't had enough experience with neither grimoire nor searing light etc, I can't rly comment on that.

    Once again, try out using PK. It's beyond godlike on pyro. A simple must-have and it completely changes your game-play.

    spellshard is kind of a super luxury...if you are really roaming and get super farm, it might be worth it...but usually i wont get it to get either harkon or slavage


    and grimoire is nto condictary with auto attack damage, it give auto atatck nonus and give your auto attack +15% as well.

  4. #4
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    $oCal
    Posts
    1,318
    Yeah any guide that suggest spellshards over PK is bad no matter how good everything else is. Sorry.
    Hahahah hey.

  5. #5
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,770
    where is charged hammer?it is the biggest dps item in game.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    where is charged hammer?it is the biggest dps item in game.
    it is a pretty good dps increase item, yes.....but really i find really shine as a farming tool on some hero.

    pyromanced already get good attack speed and the simple fact you get this +15% damage from grimoire make it really more worth to get pure, raw, damage.

  7. #7
    and well, you dont need charge hammer for farming purpose....if you get grimoire you already have almost unlimited mana as long you dont ult and can already one shot kill a full creep wave with a ingle combo easily...pyromancer is seriously a incredible farmed once he get enought mana.

    and actually about PK....meh...never been a big fanon this item on pyro....

    it can be super great if you team lack initiation....but this i more about a stay in the back and RAPE anythings than dear come close to you pyro style.

  8. #8
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,770
    nonnonononno.
    there was a thread around here about the best dps items by macrohard and charged hammer is the best autoattack dps item.Since your guide focuses on dps,charged hammer should be no.1 item.Since pkey doesn't give any dps,it should not be there.In theory,this works,but in practice you will not hit your stun,you will not be able to gank,and be very squishy and die.

  9. #9
    I've done this build on Pyro (with a Portal Key of course), with a Grimoire+Hellflower+Harkon's you're outputting INSANE damage and your mana is pretty much always full even with Harkon's usage except when using ultimate. Grimoire is definitely perfect for Pyro as it transforms him into a flashfarming beast throughout the ENTIRE game where he can easily reach 600+ GPM and carry by just running around evoureing farm, where normally after 35 minutes his combo stops oneshotting creepwaves Grimoire allows him to do it for much longer and max out pretty fast. Only thing you gotta look out for is Barbed armor on the other team
    Last edited by PrestonLee; 10-16-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    -

  10. #10
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    I've done this build on Pyro (with a Portal Key of course), with a Grimoire+Hellflower+Harkon's you're outputting INSANE damage and your mana is pretty much always full even with Harkon's usage except when using ultimate. Grimoire is definitely perfect for Pyro as it transforms him into a flashfarming beast throughout the ENTIRE game where he can easily reach 600+ GPM and carry. Only thing you gotta look out for is Barbed armor
    or shrunken head hehe.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    or shrunken head hehe.
    Pkey->Hellflower actually negates that problem Your only real threats are like 4k health tanks with Barrier/Barbed like a farmed Armadon or Sandwraith or something.
    -

  12. #12
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    Pkey->Hellflower actually negates that problem Your only real threats are like 4k health tanks with Barrier/Barbed like a farmed Armadon or Sandwraith or something.
    nullstone then,but gets countered by tablet.and there you have it,only needs like 10k gold.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    nullstone then,but gets countered by tablet.and there you have it,only needs like 10k gold.
    12k. :P Like for real, get whatever you want BUT GET THE DAMN PK FIRST, that may be the one really bad thing about these new items, more people than ever before are skipping the stuff that's actually important. PK PK PK PK PK PK PK.

    I don't care if the rest of your team is something like Legionnaire+Behemoth+Hammerstorm+Bubbles, you still get PK, and the five of you have the most fun (and one-sided?) game of your life.
    Last edited by herro`kiti; 10-16-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    Too many Devourer alts and no girl yet?! Help me fix this horrible injustice!! (Moved to archive, I am so sad!)
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-L2P-this-hero!

  14. #14
    ok ok, i added pk as a luxury

    really the point i wanted to make si how a grimoire + hellflower core make pyro insane.

    you jsut one shot hit any creep wave, deal mosntrous damage, and get enought mana to do it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again an again and again and again and again and again and again and again....

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlesaistu View Post
    ok ok, i added pk as a luxury

    really the point i wanted to make si how a grimoire + hellflower core make pyro insane.

    you jsut one shot hit any creep wave, deal mosntrous damage, and get enought mana to do it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again an again and again and again and again and again and again and again....
    Alrighty: Played some games as Pyro, and GOD! Grimoire sure is amazing on him! PK + Grimoire + HF = Gankfest. The amount of damage you can dish out is insane.

  16. #16
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Whirlbubble
    Posts
    11,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommysmamma View Post
    Alrighty: Played some games as Pyro, and GOD! Grimoire sure is amazing on him! PK + Grimoire + HF = Gankfest. The amount of damage you can dish out is insane.
    indeed pyro outdps'ed me as draconis one game(but he had a doubledamage so...if i didn't have a sh,his spells and with the combined atk speed would surely hurt a lot).

  17. #17
    I would get PK very early, before hellflower and so on..

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I would get PK very early, before hellflower and so on..
    Boots -> Grave Locket -> PK -> First big item. How I usually go. You can/should throw in a bottle / chalice /rott if you got mana issues or if you go mid, but apart from that I always try to grab PK asap since it's such a gamechanger compared to other items

  19. #19
    PK is core on Pyro but you really need to be mid or in a farming role to get it early enough which doesn't happen in low level pubs unfortunately.

  20. #20
    Well let say you ahev a resonable farm and get a full grimoire by level 11,....

    a level 11 pyro with grimoire will deal 590 + 15% = 678.5 (not sure if game round up or down) simply with q and w, every 10 second. that include a stun and a large AOE, pretty deadly...incresible farming tool if you get the mana output to spam it.

    now if he ult over the top of that that a total of 1275 +15% = 1455 magic damage....that pretty much instant kill any level 11 agi or INT hero unless the realyl build some serious hp.


    if you say than by level 16 he finished a hellflower on the top of that and used it first (if i am right, grimoire 15% will apply first and then, there will be a extra 20% OVER the 15% of grimoire, making a total of 38% extra damage, but i am not sure), we speak of 814 damage for QW combo and 2125 damaeg for the full 3....there still not that much hero at level 16 then survive over 2000 magic damage. and now even fi they do harkon + grimoire give you 200 ish atack power + 40 dps seraing + 12 or more burning dps +38%.....at great attack speed.


    That is....pretty deadly.


    that hwy i consider than spellshard might still be viable IF the ennemy team dont get to much tank and pretty much alway die from one combo and youg et good enoguth farm to get one. the reduced cooldown and magic armor can help you push that WOMBOCOMBO effect a little longer.

    but yea is his not nessesary and the -5 armor from harkon jsut seem a better choise overall in case you really have to rely more on auto attack at this point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •