Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Anyone uses a Trackball instead of a mouse?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Anyone uses a Trackball instead of a mouse?

Does anyone play HON with a trackball? And if you do, how well do you do with it? What is your MMR?

I play with Belkin N52 standard edition, the one favourite of Macro. But it belongs to the other hand anyway

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why would U ever play with a trackball instead of a mouse ? It really hinders ur efficiency. I tried it once with a Logitech trackball ( dunno the exact model ) I didn't like the experience. In a fast action packed game like Hon , U need precise actions, not possible on trackball ( atleast for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis10549 View Post
    Why would U ever play with a trackball instead of a mouse ? It really hinders ur efficiency. I tried it once with a Logitech trackball ( dunno the exact model ) I didn't like the experience. In a fast action packed game like Hon , U need precise actions, not possible on trackball ( atleast for me)
    You can't just try it once and say it's ****. It's like playing tennis for the first time and expecting to hit every ball and every serve.

I personally don't use a trackball but I know a buddy that uses one and is just as efficient with it as I'm with a mouse. Although he is only around 1600.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    if trackball was better, u'd see competitive players use it <--- words of a pro SC2 player. Wanna say he's wrong ? Same applies to Hon .
    Last edited by Nemesis10549; 10-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    hey guys I want to use the touchpad to play HoN, what hero do you think i should go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroz View Post
    hey guys I want to use the touchpad to play HoN, what hero do you think i should go for?
    the courier...

Account Icon
    Speaking of the touchpad, I'm not lying and this is not a joke but I've always played HoN on my laptop's touchpad <3 I'm used to it, can't seem to use a mouse now

Bug Reports
    | Honcast | Replays - Moderator | Found a bug? Report it here. Be sure to read the Bug Reports Rules before posting. | Share your big plays here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    warbeast

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My wife uses one, purely for ergonomic considerations. Her click speed and accuracy is better than mine.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

hey this guy is different/unusual. he is a minority lets troll and flame him!

My girlfriend used a touchpad for the short duration she played. She did as well (or bad I guess, compared to standard playing) as any other person just starting the game. I've also tried using a PS3 controller to play once for shits and giggles. A trackball sounds pretty normal to me if a person's used to using it.

Trackball works fine, it is all what you prefer honestly.

I plan to get one of these.

http://www.feenixcollection.com/nasc...#!prettyPhoto1[pp_gal]/5/

Its a new mouse company out there that I have heard great things about. They are basically brand new just released their first mouse a little while ago and are working on the second. I think they will be as big as Razer eventually.

Trackballs still exist?

Haven't seen one since I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis10549 View Post
    if trackball was better, u'd see competitive players use it <--- words of a pro SC2 player. Wanna say he's wrong ? Same applies to Hon .
    Yes, he is wrong. This is the game where the 'professional' players take months on end before suddenly realizing that a 'trash 'hero' like Draconis is actually one of the best carries in the game.

Furthermore, this quote is irrelevant. The OP asked if anyone used a trackball, and you bring up a quote that argues about whether or not the trackball is superior to a standard mouse.

Back OT: I used to play with an oversized trackball mouse that was controlled with the index and middle fingers, while the buttons were on the sides for the thumb and smallest fingers. It was more accurate than any mouse I have owned to date, too bad my dad took it years ago and never brought it back.

Draconis wasn't allowed in tournament play until just recently(last couple of months). That was why professional players didn't know. They simply couldn't use him, not because they thought he was trash.

There is this little thing called Tournament Rules where new heroes are excluded from Professianal Play for quite some time?

Not sure if you knew that...

For instance Blitz/Solstice/Rally all of them are banned from Tournament Rules until their time comes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I've always been keen to give one a go, but never been keen on dishing out the $ for one Oh dear
    When I was your age, dirt was Newerth.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by HecticLebo View Post
    I've always been keen to give one a go, but never been keen on dishing out the $ for one Oh dear
    Exactly my problem, too. I also don't know anybody who uses one so I can't even try one to see if I might like it.
    The human brain is a wonderful thing. It starts working the moment you are born, and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.

During my first years at school (2000, 2001) the computers in the classrooms had trackballs.

I used it once.

absolutelydisgusting.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast