Thread: Stop courier from blocking jungle spawns in game mechanics or ban it from tourneys

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Stop courier from blocking jungle spawns in game mechanics or ban it from tourneys

Ruins gameplay, ruins gameflow for players and audience, takes no skill, really shouldn't be allowed. The fact that Behemoth isn't allowed to block lane creeps, but you can block jungle spawns with courier is broken. This doesn't require any sort of hero to be picked, any type of line up ran, any strategy at all. If this isn't changed eventually every single team is gonna have to start doing this. As a player and a spectator I think it is HORRIBLE for the game.

I love this game and I don't want the future of the competitive scene to diminish to who can block more jungle spawns.

/signed

(also want to say that I'm not saying DDOS is at fault for doing it, they are doing what they need to do to win.. but it should be illegal because it is broken and brings NOTHING good to the game)
    Last edited by shamsz; 08-22-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Eh, I'd be happier with a little less time on it's w, or maybe a little delay on it. Maybe make it function like a shrunken head with charges? Just make it high risk high reward.
    "Our ports will block out the sun."

Agreed and signed.

Every team is going to start doing this.

/signed

Account Icon
    Great way to counter the trilane meta with no ancients avaliable. Will end up seeing more exciting games = higher entertainment factor for both players + viewers. INB4 my argument is invalid pubtrash noob ^_^

Remove courier shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7
    It has been a horrible experience watching such a fantastic product fade into what it has become; a shadow of it's former self and a mere glimmer of what it had the potential to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Our single main focus is to bring extremely high levels of enjoyment to as many players as possible through our games.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    shouldn't this be in your super secret private forum for all pros and cool kids?

Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing View Post
    Remove courier shield.
    no... Just don't allow the courier to have the capability to block spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivebyKombi View Post
    Great way to counter the trilane meta with no ancients avaliable. Will end up seeing more exciting games = higher entertainment factor for both players + viewers. INB4 my argument is invalid pubtrash noob ^_^
    If that's the case then lets just remove ancients from the game.

/signed. something should be done.

400 g just to block a neutral spawn? By 400 I mean buying a whole new courier to block since I'm pretty sure mid wants his/their items...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Patch X.X
    -----------
    Additional couriers now cost 600 gold, and an additional 600 gold to upgrade. The cost is reduced to normal if the team does not currently have a courier
    Roster Changes

AngryTestie has joined clan FnaticMSI

Posted: 11:27 am 11/16/2011

Possible solutions:

1# Make it like in dota, courier has no shield but respawns after (5min?) with items if it dies.

2# Make it impossible to block spawns ( A bit harsh? )

3# Ban it in tourneys ( Host of the tourneys responsibility ofcourse )

4# Dont allow multiple couriers?

Feedback pl0x

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Swindle has been a master-nerd with the courier since I canít even remember.

But I dis-agree Shamsz. You canít be mad cause people think outside the square, especially when this tactic can be countered.

Why not hit the drawing board instead of the forums complaining?

Edit: this is typical hon pro-players for you, to stupid and lazy to think of ways around this, much easier to bit** about it like an idiot thinking your opinion is superior to others cause of some no-name clan tag.
    Last edited by MikeTAR; 08-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Dumbest thing i've seen in this game when you can block possible 3 spawns from the enemy jungle with 2 wards and a flying courier ****ing up someone like Warbeast or Legionnaire completely. Blocking ancients for 30 minutes straight is broken beyond belief and should be either banned or fixed.

just make it illegal in tourneys

Make it like in dota so it has no shield but respawns instead.

Honestly it's fine as it is now. If you don't want to get blocked, find the courier and kill it. Too hard?
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...-Midwars-modes!
    Take a look at my midwars modes suggestion! Vote and post!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd rather not see this get changed. Game needs to stop being so carebear. Someone's eventually going to figure out some sort of counter to it.