Thread: Can S2 hire better artists for digital arts?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Can S2 hire better artists for digital arts?

As my topic states.
    Even though you get a week between updates and hell, probably even more time since you know what's gonna be on earlier, it would be cool if we could get some polished graphics.

Even though it looks not _that_ bad it still feels like a very fast (for professional) speed painting.
    I know guys that do arts for LoL and they charge like 100-200$ for one art, is it that much for you?

Just look at this.

And it's not like HoN didn't have good arts before, just check this one out:
    http://dbzer0.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/fayde.jpg

Disclaimer: this is not a troll post, just pointing out that we could start doing professional marketing with professional promo arts.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    What exactly is so much better about the LoL one?
    That it's bigger?

Yeah i agree with you, i dont like the new art style they are using for a while now.

Polish, composition, anatomy, background, detail, lights and shading...pretty much everything.
    Just log into LoL and see their login screen that changes now almost every update. It looks ****ing amazing. (to note: i completely hate their shitty ass game, just pointing out the graphics).
    Last edited by SmackTrickz`; 08-16-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    And the fact that the LoL picture there is of some sort of half-naked chick, and then one you use as an example of great S2 art is Fayde, makes me think you just want to see more naked girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedent View Post
    And the fact that the LoL picture there is of some sort of half-naked chick, and then one you use as an example of great S2 art is Fayde, makes me think you just want to see more naked girls.
    Who does not?

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

Look for my highlighted text (important information) and Grey text (interesting but not required information).
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve
    There's ample reason to have a sub account, it just so happens that getting yourself banned without consequences isn't one of them.

I'm sorry, I don't know if you're trolling or you don't posses any sort of esthetic perception to judge the picture by its quality and not content nor size for that matter.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well considering how similar that picture is to the Fayde art, I think it's all just your opinion.

Is good no? I have just noticed some are really good but they are the ones you generally have to look for.

EDIT: They are generally of a completely different style.
    Strength Moves Only Mountains, Ideas Shift Worlds.

Having trouble solving the art of the Puzzlebox? Have no fear! Simply click here

Different Style. HoN is like a painted Murial. LoL is like standardised fantasy art.
    Both are great in their own ways. But I prefer HoN because LoL's art style depresses me because it makes me feel like I could never produce photo-realistic fantasy artwork.

Perhaps LoL hires this type of Artwork to compensate for the awful Graphic Aesthetics /miow
    I do commissions for drawings/paintings/digital art. My profile is at http://scw55.deviantart.com
    Suggestion: Assists for effective heals; Accursed solution: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ffective-Heals

Melee Agility Support Initiator: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Sherwood/Loki
    Ranged Strength Support Initiator: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Sherwood/Drone
    Pusher/Support with potential global presence: http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...ood/Luminarium

Yeah some of HoN art looks a little speed painted,maybe because they have to consider other things than this,LoL has some great artworks indeed but think about their in-game graphics...they suck....thats why they create always better graphic artwork..HoN has amazing graphics in-game and they have to work on them as well,i belive its a matter of time..

Quote Originally Posted by lucid_dreamz View Post
    Yeah some of HoN art looks a little speed painted,maybe because they have to consider other things than this,LoL has some great artworks indeed but think about their in-game graphics...they suck....thats why they create always better graphic artwork..HoN has amazing graphics in-game and they have to work on them as well,i belive its a matter of time..
    This is the ingame model of one of the newest Champs in LoL

I don't think they suck

This second pic shows how they revamped older models into newer ones as well

Legionnaire's old model needs a revamp.

If S2 were able to make those high poly background models, then I don't see why they can't up the ante with their older models.

"God gave men both a willy and a head and only enough blood to run one at a time" - Robin Williams /Thread
    Last edited by Raina_; 08-16-2012 at 11:22 AM.

S2 makes good art but OP has a point with the two pictures he compared. Rallys art is terrible

I get your point and have to agree in a way, but I don't think that concept arts are really as important as you make them sound.
    Sure I'd probably be a bit more hyped to see the upcoming heroes but it wouldn't change anything once in game. Reworking some of the old models would be better imo.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'd do it for 10 bucks.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedent View Post
    What exactly is so much better about the LoL one?
    That it's bigger?
    No.. that "they" are bigger ... what else reason would he have choosen such a picture...
    Say, I seem to have lost my brain, you don't seem to be using yours... can I have it?

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DawZ_ View Post
    I'd do it for 10 bucks.

haha, I would buy that for 100 bucks!
    Last edited by fizhfood; 08-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Considering LoL ingame graphics is rubbish. I can live with S2 seeing that their ingame graphics is miles ahead of LoL