Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: New Core Pool Mode Launches This Friday!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

New Core Pool Mode Launches This Friday!

Exciting changes are afoot as we aim to implement a "less is more" philosophy in HoN with our new game mode called Core Pool. Core Pool will feature 40 iconic HoN heroes and encourage players to focus on their game and take their skills to the next level in a controlled environment. As Core Pool is an optional game mode, any player can choose the mode at any time to hone their skills, develop strategy, or just have fun playing a classic game of HoN. With well over 100 characters to choose from in normal mode play, even experienced players can have difficulty keeping up with frequent new character releases. The difficulty associated with getting into HoN or any MOBA for that matter and staying current is well known and frequently lamented by gamers everywhere.

Core Pool directly addresses the steep learning curve prevalent in all MOBAs. No other MOBA offers a controlled environment like this, and we hope to help players who are struggling with learning new characters all the time by providing them a game mode option that will help them learn the basic conventions of HoN. Core Pool, and the concept behind it, is something the MOBA genre was missing and we’re really excited to bring it to our players. Core Pool is great for both experienced players, new players, and anyone looking to play HoN, as it offers a place to improve your skills and try out new techniques by yourself or with your team in a more controlled environment.

Also launching with Core Pool are Death Tips, brief suggestions for players on how to use their hero more effectively upon death. Look forward to seeing Core Pool and Death Tips in this Friday's (August 17th) patch 2.6.15.
    Last edited by Deejay; 08-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Good to see the old F2P remake was put to good use. Seems interesting.
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

Eh, so what is the song playing in the background?
    Helpful Devo.

The more you know.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The best thing about this is that there is no Monkey King or Draco.

idontgetit.jpg

So it's basically a mode that is the same as normal mode, just that you can pick less heroes?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Good for starting players, good for players that liked the beta hon. Overall, good.
    You can play it IF you want. If you DO NOT, nothing can send you there.

- Portofolio (Behance) - New HoN UI (overlay) -
    Please, consider donating - in EUR or in USD

How are the Heroes chosen that appear in the draft pool?

w00t
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_NZ View Post
    I still hate that bird with his pet goat

this is nice, tho i would have seen that it only had the beta-heroes.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    This is awesome!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Customer & Tech Support
    Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Eric S. | Remote Quality Assurance

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Inomares View Post
    This is awesome!
    *Clap clap.
    Clapclapclap*

s2 #1 (you could go one step further and let new players only choose this mode for their first idk 50 games but nonetheless i love this addidtion)

Account Icon
    I can see this evolving into random draft eventually.

I don't see what's the big fuss, no offense, unless this is mandatory for the first 50 or so games of every account.

So, as expected, this new game mode is useless to everyone who supported HoN from the beginning.
    Why I am not surprised anymore...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Angel View Post
    So, as expected, this new game mode is useless to everyone who supported HoN from the beginning.
    Er.... Hon playerbase is not just us "veteran" players. This is a decent way to ease in the new players, and will help in expanding the player number

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Angel View Post

Explain?
    Imo it will help all players brush up on the fundamentals. It will also see heroes used who don't see as much action.
    Atleast try it before you dump on it...

I'm excited!