1. Title Update info
2. View Game info
3. Arcade style improvements
4. Protection of the level boundaries
5. Level rewards
6.Reward the randomness
7. The Achivements
So i thought of a couple of things which could be implemented into hon which could create a better experience
1. Title updates info, evey time HoN updates, i see myself minimizing the game, go to the forums and look up the info... its not that i mind it but i am dead lazy. Some people who play HoN dont even look at the forums and miss out on the Buffs and Nerfs which affect their gameplay. I suggest that DURING the update load (when the game is updating), a box comes up on the screen where everyone can read what this update includes. This give everybody something to do as the game updates, + give some info!
2. View Game info, This is inspired by something which can be found on many steam games. Basically, when i come online, i see some of my mates playing a game. By asking them how long till their match would be over with. i suggest something which can show info about the game they are in. This stops them from being disturbed whilst playing, and at the same time getting some info. It could include
- Name of the game
- Status of the game (Lobby, in game session, etc)
- Players in game
- How long the game has been going for (Usally games last from 30 mins to 1 hour so it gives us an approx of how long the game will take)
By right clicking someones name and choosing the view game info option, this could be a pretty cool way which makes everything easier for everyone with friends
3. Arcade style improvements (this one has a few things)
The thing i love about HoN is that it is such a great arcady game. KILLING SPREE, RAGE QUITTER... all those just fill me with joy, i suggest adding some more things like that.
Whenever a new item comes out, we see a small "New" on that items picture. I love that idea! how about expanding it to adding a New whenever a new hero comes out, new interface comes out, heck even new maps gamestyles whatever!
Hero select could have a new twist for it, remember those old arcade style fighting games? where when you are looking for a player to select, there is a glowing square around them? i suggest doing something similar, Whenever the players mouse is on a hero, it glows to the colour they are in. (like the picture below)
Whenever someone leaves a match, we have no idea until how long the character gets removed, therefore i propose a simple idea of having a timer (Possibly a glowing digital clock or something) above their head counting down until the hero gets removed.
4. Protect the level boundaries! With the PSR and level being there, i suggest there should be some fixes to it via a few means. When a new account is made, it should be set to 1500 PSR, and can only acess the Noobs allowed tier. The PSR shouldnt depend on the team but the player only. If you do well in a match, no matter if you win or lose, it goes up (Higher PSR = more game ranks such as the pro tier)
and if you play badly, which most new comers will play, it will go down only allowing you accessing the Noob only tier. This restricts pubstomers from coming in and annihilating games which only new comers are playing to learn the game, or some of the newer players joining a pro game and getting raged at.
5. Level rewards, Some games with levels give perks to the game. Im not saying go as far as getting new heroes which alter the entire game from your level, but give subtile things such as new maps, new skins...etc. Nothing like LoL which a new hero could possibly give advantages to other players. Gunz the duel, an online game rewards players with New maps for people who are high leveled.
6.Reward the randomness! Many ap games i see only play the same heroes. Apart from giving more gold to people who random, i suggest adding a bit more to it. An online game i used to play called Gunbound used to have vehicles you could use each game with their different perks and weaknesses, if you randomed a vehicle, you got a chance of getting the "Dragon" Vehicle or the "Knight" vehicle which were better than the average ones, however, they were very rare. I suggest giving a few heroes which can only be gained by randoming. This allows more people to try out new heroes but also work towards getting a pretty awesome hero. (I got this idea from someones post i saw!)
7. The Achivements, i know S2 has mentioned about achievements already but seriously, they are pretty darn awesome. I am addicted to my Xbox, Kongregate, Valve games, world of warcraft and a whole lot more because achievements give you reason to play a game! This creates excitement for the players to try and do something other than just win.
So what do you guys think about a few ideas? The voting thing i made allows you to vote for more than 1 idea, please give your feedback about what i have to say!
Last edited by Spaztastik; 11-14-2009 at 04:27 AM.