Thread: Vanderax's RAVENor Guide

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Vanderax's RAVENor Guide


    Primary Attribute: STRENGTH
    STR: 23 + 2.5x
    AGI: 17 + 1.5x
    INT: 21 + 2.2x


    Attack Range: Melee
    Movement Speed: 300
    Armor: 4.38


    Difficulty Rating: * * * (3)


    -----------------------------


    1. Introduction

    Hello S2 Staff and Dear Players,
    I'd like to share my build and playing-style on Ravenor. He is a new hero and he has too much un-neccesary builds.
    Well I played tons of games with Ravenor and got some success with my build and style, I'll tell you one:
    Legion: War Beast - Armadon - Flint Beastwood - Parasite - (I forgot this one)
    Hellbourne: Demented Shaman - Valkyrie - RAVENOR - Behemoth - Chipper
    Well, we had a hard early game because of stoney Armadon and ganker jungler Parasite. But the nice thing about War Beast was we could gank him twice...
    Midgame we were REALLY about to lose the game. They took our all towers but we had none of them.
    Late game, with RAVENOR power and some support, WE WON! I shouted hard in the end!


    -----------------------------
    2. Pros and Cons


    Pros:
    -Has a great Magic Damage output @ Early game
    -Has a great armor
    -The ulti lasts very long which can melt your enemies down


    Cons:
    -The skills Require LOTS OF MANA for your base mana @ Early game
    -The 1st skill speed is so slow that it can be easly avoided.
    -Well, he is addicted to items


    -----------------------------


    3. Skills





    BALL LIGHTNING


    Type:
    Magic

    Range:
    1400

    Cast Time:
    0.6 Seconds

    Cooldown:
    15 Seconds

    Mana Cost:
    90 / 105 / 120 / 135

    Required Levels:
    1 / 3 / 5 / 7


    The Ravenor Throws a ball that moves with 500 movement speed and has a 100 capturization range. On impact deals

    50 / 80 / 110 / 140 Magic Damage and stuns for 0.5 seconds. If the ball hits an enemy, applies a debuff on enemy. The debuff lasts 4 seconds or until if enemy hero gets 3000 units away. When you re-cast your spell, you will move
    near the target and deal 50 / 80 / 110 / 140 Magic Damage stun enemies around the target for 1.5 seconds in a 250 radius. ( Including debuffed target ) Also has 500 clearvision while traveling and grants 500 AoE vision around the target hit.

    Gameplay











    Comment: Well this is your key ability in teamfights and ganks. But WE WONT MAX. it! Let's check our primary ability.





    Storm Blades


    Type:
    Magic

    Cooldown:
    12 Seconds

    Mana Cost:
    80 / 90 / 100 / 110

    Required Levels:
    1 / 3 / 5 / 7


    When cast, Ravenor charges his blade for 8 seconds with energy giving him 2 charges which can deal
    50 / 75 / 100 / 125 magical damage when attacks. And the damage bounces up to 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 units in 300 range.

    Gameplay



    Comment: Well, this is your PRIMARY ability except your ultimate. It can dish out a HUGE amount of damage @ Early game which can turn out various deaths! We will max this ability.





    Electrical Feedback

    Type:

    Magic

    Cooldown:
    16 Seconds

    Mana Cost:
    75

    Required Levels:
    1 / 3 / 5 / 7

    When attacked, deals
    20 / 40 / 60 / 80 Magic Damage to the attacker and 2 nearby enemies. Can return damage once every 0.9 seconds. Lasts 8 seconds.
    Ravenor surrounds himself with an electrical shield which will damage nearby units when attacked.

    Gameplay


    Comment: This is your primary skill for FARMING. You will jungle ALOT so we will MAX this ability after giving a 1 level for your 1st skill. We will talk about it.





    Power Overwhelming


    This passive ability gives Ravenor charges when magic damage dealt. Gives 4/6/8 charge for per Hero damaged with magical damage (INCLUDING ITEMS). Gives 1 charge per non-Hero units damaged. The charges last 8 seconds if not gained any in time and begin to deteriorate at 5 per second. The charges will deal the same amount in Magic damage and give MS. TIP: Also the charge increases when got charges while physical attacking.

    Gameplay


    Comment: This is your Core ability which you will lvl up @ 6 - 11 - 16. This is your main farming and combat ability. Lets talk about the skill builds.




    -----------------------------


    4. Skill Build


    Storm Blades > Ball Lightning > Storm Blades > Electrical Feedback > Storm Blades > Power Overwhelming > Storm Blades > Electrical Feedback > Ball Lightning > Electrical Feedback > Power Overwhelming > Electrical Feedback > Ball Lightning > Ball Lightning > Stats > Power Overwhelming > Stats+


    This is the ONLY AND REQUIRED skill build for this guide. Please follow it correctly.


    The strategy with this build is to get kills with your Storm Blades and get ready to farm with Electrical Feedback.


    -----------------------------


    5. The Item Build


    Ravenor will farm on EVERY lane so our item build for beginning will be standard:





    Well If you are mid, you are unlucky with your items because you will be far away from the secret shops. But don't worry you will get your items when you gank a lane and be successful
    When you are laning bot or top you will rush for > because you need some MS for chasing and STR for tanking early game. Also enough AS bonus for farming in Jungle.


    When you've just farmed your SteamBoots you gotta REALLY RUSH FOR > and then >
    You will ask "WHY?" because you will get charges while farming jungle and you'll be needing life steal and in combat you'll be needing AS and LS for charges and MELTING your opponents in seconds. But be careful, your ONLY WEAKNESS IS WHEN YOU ACTIVATE THIS ITEM YOU GET VERY SQUISHY!!! And we have a solution for that


    Well from jungle or combats or 1v1's collected money you will get
    Because your squishness will go off from Elder Parasite and you will get MASSIVE attack damage which can melts your enemies in seconds. Also grants well farming.


    After getting Insanitarius, you will be needing some Damage and Effective items as following:
    you will be having MASSIVE attack speed with Elder Parasite And Storm Blades so you've got a great chance of bashing oppositing team and melt them in seconds with bonus damage and ult
    You will be needing this item because you have got great AS and attack damage provided by Brutalizer and Insanitarius which will make your critical attacks effective.




    And if you trust yourself, go for > You will be trolling the oppositing team 1 shot 1 kill
    Otherwise you will buy a required item for your team:
    or or to melt your enemies by reducing their Magic Armor or to silence enemies for 4 seconds and amplify your damage dealt will be a good choice or an item according to the game fluency!!


    -----------------------------


    6. The Playing Style


    Well this is the most important part of this guide! You gotta read well and understand.
    a) MID STYLE
    If you are mid, you don't have to be afraid of ranged heroes because you have got lots of armor and Iron Buckler with you so you are nearly untouchable. Try not to get countered by enemy spells. Stay under tower if theres an enemy like Thunderbringer, Ellonia, RiftWalker etc. You have to get every single creep and deny nearly all of creeps. If you get countered hard, you dont have to because you will get revenge from them by using your W and Q @ lvl 5 or 6. You will play aggresive and opportunist @5 lvl. Because you got 1 Q - 2 W and 1 E which wont bring you down. If you catch an enemy on an -open for hunting- position, you will just Q towards him. My suggestion is if you get pro with Ravenor, cast W then Q towards enemy and E. You will rip them off. But we will just Q towards and W then kill them. You will get 6 lvl and start ganking. My suggestion is gank bot. Because in the jungle theres a spot between creeps and 1st enemy tower if HELLBOURNE. If you are Legion vice-versa it. You will Q an enemy, with help of your supports or without them, then teleport near him, then press E if you are tower diving, then W and slash them. Go and finish your Steam Boots and buy Hungry Spirit. This is the end of your Mid early game ganking story. Lets check the laning:


    b) BOT or TOP LANING STYLE
    Doesn't matter if you are bot or top, you will do the same thing. The magic touch is, take a disabler support with you so you can land you Q and W skills accurately and you will get easy kills. Try to kill your enemies @3 or 5 according to the laning foes. If you get double kill with a bloodlust just finish SteamBoots. If not try to farm, you will stay back or play aggresive according to the enemy team then finish your Steam Boots. Wish some warding from your support. Thats important. If you die Early game it will be VERY VERY hard to recover! Try to roam and GANK MID asap. Then you will gang top if succesful get Hungry Spirit and start jungling. This is the end of your Laning early game story. Lets check out HOW TO JUNGLE!


    c) JUNGLING WITH RAVENOR
    This is the most important phase of the whole game. When you get Hungry Spirit you will rush for jungling. Try to stack the slots or find SNOTTER slot in YOUR TEAM'S jungle. Press E and get charges. Try to move and hit creatures fast you won't be out of charges. If you face with magic immune creatures, just pass them and start collecting charges again. WATCH OUT FOR ENEMY TEAM and WARD YOUR JUNGLE IN CASE OF GANGS TO YOUR JUNGLE!!! When you have low HP just go to base and refresh. The time loss while doing this isn't important with Ravenor. When you finish your Elder Parasite its time for farming Insanitarius and helping your team. If you see a 2v1 or 1v1 fight on your team IN YOUR SIDE go and help. Never escape from them because your level will be 8 or 9 which you've got MAX W and R with midi Q or E which is enough for you to kill somebody or make them afraid and run away from your attacked mate. You will keep farming as I said above, using E, your key ability. When you get Insanitarius, tell your team that you gotta gank. Then you will go EVERYWHERE as 5! you will stay out of fight and when the most of damage is done, you will jump in with Q then W and E RIP EM OFF!!! Try to combat in jungle because more enemies, more getting hit by enemies while having E buff, more charges. Cast Elder Parasite and Insanitarius then have some tea After a combat you should be able to get Brutalizer. If not then it means you will play your role in the late game but before that when you get 11 you will be able to turn arround the Ancient Slots which will give you great bucks. Good luck with it. Lets take a look at late game!


    d) LATE GAME WITH RAVENOR ( The most fun part )
    This is the most fun part playing with Ravenor. You will deal massive damage and beat up some fed enemies. You gotta FARM HARD. You will take every single jungling slot and you will defend your lanes and clean them up. If you have got Steam, Insanitarius, Elder and Brutalizer stop farming and try to find some enemy support or nuker. Get one of your friend who has a VALUABLE and USEFUL stun or disable and kill that support or nuker enemy. Then go back and refill in base. Do them times and times till you get your full build or 5-slot item build in game which will take 40 or 45 minutes of game. When you kill all of your enemies go and push. When you are done with pushing, go and turn the WHOLE MAP SLOTS then go base and make sure you have got no risks with your towers and base. Go base and buy your last USEFUL item. Then you will troll the whole enemy team in their base. You will be proud of yourself Try not to die and try to KILL


    -----------------------------


    7. The Counters and Helpers


    The ONLY SERIOUS COUNTER TO RAVENOR WITHOUT OR WITH ITEMS: He has got Magic Damage Invulnerability and MASSIVE LS with his passive. And if he's got Shrunken as a bonus item, sorry but you are DEAD or your work is REALLY REALLY hard.


    Helpers are THE EVERY SINGLE disablers and debuffers!!!




    -----------------------------


    8. Replay


    Well, I will give you a game ID that will EXACTLY SHOW YOU HOW TO PLAY RAVENOR!!! PLEASE WATCH IT AFTER YOU READ THE WHOLE POST!! Thank you.


    The ID is: 92193029 and 92268775 ( Watch this one nearly an hour )


    Also please support my Public Guide by voting it, Thank you!

    My Public Ravenor Guide


    Thanks a lot for your Positive or Negative comments
    Last edited by Vanderax; 06-11-2012 at 12:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,864
    So why would one buy those items instead of Frostburn/Harkon's/Hellflower?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezu View Post
    So why would one buy those items instead of Frostburn/Harkon's/Hellflower?
    Because, Frostburn instead of Elder Parasite would be useless. The only + it could give is MS. You will be lacking AS and LS. You could say Abyssal + Frostburn ? No! Because The attack speed wont be enough and you will have a Slot wasted... But if you wanna go Frostburn cuz of MS bonus and very little HP bonus and slow, make Abyssal + Frostburn. But its not recommended.

    Harkons will be a great choice if you've got Devourer or Mage Bane in oppositing team. But when you get Harkons, you won't be a carry because you will be lacking LS against them WHICH MEANS DEATH. You hit a lot with this build and recover the HP lost by your criticals and normal attacks. As I said, you can buy it but it makes your CARRY status over.

    Hellflower will be an useful item on Ravenor as I said in the guide: "YOU WILL FARM AN ITEM ACCORDING TO THE GAME FOR THE BONUS SLOT". Against nukers or invisible carries it is awesome, build it The Damage and AS bonus will be Useful.

    Thanks for your comment that made me explain why or why not to farm these items

  4. #4
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderax View Post
    Because, Frostburn instead of Elder Parasite would be useless. The only + it could give is MS. You will be lacking AS and LS. You could say Abyssal + Frostburn ? No! Because The attack speed wont be enough and you will have a Slot wasted... But if you wanna go Frostburn cuz of MS bonus and very little HP bonus and slow, make Abyssal + Frostburn. But its not recommended.

    Harkons will be a great choice if you've got Devourer or Mage Bane in oppositing team. But when you get Harkons, you won't be a carry because you will be lacking LS against them WHICH MEANS DEATH. You hit a lot with this build and recover the HP lost by your criticals and normal attacks. As I said, you can buy it but it makes your CARRY status over.

    Hellflower will be an useful item on Ravenor as I said in the guide: "YOU WILL FARM AN ITEM ACCORDING TO THE GAME FOR THE BONUS SLOT". Against nukers or invisible carries it is awesome, build it The Damage and AS bonus will be Useful.

    Thanks for your comment that made me explain why or why not to farm these items
    But wouldn't you say that a ganking carry with lategame potential is usually a safer choice compared to a farming carry whose damage is magical based?

    I suppose your build works (as you state, you have tried it out a lot), but if you have space to farm basically non-stop, wouldn't you win the game regardless of the items? Wouldn't it be faster with a more gank-oriented build?

    I haven't actually played Ravenor yet, so this is just speculation - But at least for me on a theoretical level, the more gank-oriented build seems better.

    How about items like Helm of the Black Legion? Would you consider them situational, or simple waste on Ravenor?

    Should probably mention Bottle if you're laning mid..?

    Should also mention Hellflower as an actual choice, instead of just "an item according to the game for the bonus slot", since it seems quite strong on the hero.

    Wouldn't Ball Lightning at level 1 be superior compared to the W (forgot the name), since it could help at making bloodlust at level 1, or perhaps even as an escape tool (even though the initial stun is only 0.5 seconds, it could make a difference)?

    Anyways, a quite solid guide, although I at least at the moment disagree with a few parts of the build - Keep up the good work!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezu View Post
    But wouldn't you say that a ganking carry with lategame potential is usually a safer choice compared to a farming carry whose damage is magical based?

    I suppose your build works (as you state, you have tried it out a lot), but if you have space to farm basically non-stop, wouldn't you win the game regardless of the items? Wouldn't it be faster with a more gank-oriented build?

    I haven't actually played Ravenor yet, so this is just speculation - But at least for me on a theoretical level, the more gank-oriented build seems better.

    How about items like Helm of the Black Legion? Would you consider them situational, or simple waste on Ravenor?

    Should probably mention Bottle if you're laning mid..?

    Should also mention Hellflower as an actual choice, instead of just "an item according to the game for the bonus slot", since it seems quite strong on the hero.

    Wouldn't Ball Lightning at level 1 be superior compared to the W (forgot the name), since it could help at making bloodlust at level 1, or perhaps even as an escape tool (even though the initial stun is only 0.5 seconds, it could make a difference)?

    Anyways, a quite solid guide, although I at least at the moment disagree with a few parts of the build - Keep up the good work!
    Well you can watch the last replay I added with green highlight to see why I am using this build.
    You say that you havent actually played Ravenor yet. So you are talking theoritical but I played him and in practic, HotBL is useless on him because you get Insanitarius and having Buckler unless you farmed. As I said GANK ORIENTED GAMING STYLE WORKS WITH THE ITEM BUILD. But if you ask you can win the game with ganking only it is yes. But if you fail once or twice, that will be a bad deal, I love guaranting things
    You asked me "Should I get Bottle when I'm goin mid?" Well, I tried it times and times, your mana waste will be alot on mid and you'll be having HP so you will waste the bottle and lose time to refill with runes. But when you get my starter items, you will know that "I shouldn't waste mana so I will farm back and use spells if neccesary then I will gank"
    OK, I will mention Hellflower and I want to try it since last game I built Spellshards against a Devo and Pebbles with Magic Res, it was nice.
    I tried leveling up 1st skill @ lvl1 but it didnt work well because when you try to escape and if they catch you your only choice is to tp back and means death on a bot or top lane against 2 enemies. On mid the projectile is so slow so its easy to avoid. For this build, it is impossible to level up 1 first. Also W gives you the chance to hit 3 times in a row when kept attacking means 55*3 + 100*2 = 165 + 200 = 365 damage @ lvl1 which is HIGH
    Thanks alot added images though, your disagreement is because of maybe you didn't watch replay or apply my build hope you do one of them...
    Thanks
    Last edited by Vanderax; 06-11-2012 at 10:10 AM.

  6. #6
    And what u think to use Shroud> Genjuro... better position to use Q and start team fighting or whatever, other item is... damage item like Savage Mace, and to LS(Whispering Helm> I forgot the name of item, activable item to LS), or build like AS is viable?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skollz0r View Post
    And what u think to use Shroud> Genjuro... better position to use Q and start team fighting or whatever, other item is... damage item like Savage Mace, and to LS(Whispering Helm> I forgot the name of item, activable item to LS), or build like AS is viable?
    Hello Skollz0r, I think Genjuro is unnecessary because positioning is not necessary for Ravenor. The ball has 500 MS and I don't think that people won't move with 522 MS arround the battlefield. So you will build another item which is SITUATIONAL

    Savage Mace is viable; you can replace it with Riftshards. Has better chance to deal damage and it also has a mini-stun
    The main thing why I build EP is my ult dishes TONS of damage and how rapid I deal = that much survivability = that much chance to Annihilate (PUBSTOMPING) them
    But if you want to work serious (not to pubstomp); you can build Whispering Helm then Symbol of Rage. But before that you will build Behe's Heart so you will hve a reason to build the Symbol of Rage; Tank and Hard-Carry.

    If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
    Fan Art ( Winning Contest Enrty ) : Greed
    Fan Art : Monkey King
    Fan Art : Solstice
    Shop Suggestion : Glow
    Guide : Ravenor


  8. #8
    Why would you not get shrunken because whenever i play as ravenor i get pwned by stuns or i get caught in some kind of ult. That 5 or 10 seconds will really help and you will not have to wait until the end. You will be able to get extra damage off and not worry about your teammates dying and such.

  9. #9
    Getting Shrunken before Ins + Elder combo is a waste of money because you will have no dps cuz ur attack speed is so low. Yea it gives survivability but that combo does 2. Yea it gives dmg but per second you do much more with Ins + Elder when compared to the Shrunken. If you want; you can get it as an extra item but as I said;

    "You HAVE TO buy the following items to follow this guide." Because this a late game guide (mostly). I play w/ this guide and %90 I win You can watch replays to make sure that you are playing accurately. Thanks for your comment; people will make shrunken as a situational item.. But not as the 1st item and you will learn that after ins and elder; Shrunken will be crap.

    EDIT: Also did you check the guide? Cuz it says you can have Shrunken Head as a situational item. If ur asking why it isnt core please read this post again
    Last edited by Vanderax; 09-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
    Fan Art ( Winning Contest Enrty ) : Greed
    Fan Art : Monkey King
    Fan Art : Solstice
    Shop Suggestion : Glow
    Guide : Ravenor


  10. #10
    If you want to help people the best way would probably be to stay away from writing guides. I doubt anyone is stupid enough to follow this but if they do I pity the poor fella.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandtrap View Post
    If you want to help people the best way would probably be to stay away from writing guides. I doubt anyone is stupid enough to follow this but if they do I pity the poor fella.
    If you want to help guide writers, the best way would probably be to stay away from writing comments. I doubt anyone who is stupid enough to agree with this comment but if they do I pity the poor writers. Thank you for your comment. Have a good day =)
    Fan Art ( Winning Contest Enrty ) : Greed
    Fan Art : Monkey King
    Fan Art : Solstice
    Shop Suggestion : Glow
    Guide : Ravenor


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •