Hi all. Here is another hero that I came up with. He is inspired by two of my favorite heroes from another game ;D (can you guess who?). Im focussing on making a hero that can go magical nuker or an autoattack menace. Hope you enjoy, because here is a hero that literally slings magic bolts all over the place. He is the lone gunman of magical users, he is Spellslinger!
(Image comming soon. Drawing my own this time. + alt avatar. I can say that he got 4 arms and 4 pouches of juicy magical energy.)
Basedamage: 20-30 (45-55 with Int)
Base armor: 1
Starting Hp/Mana: --/--
Str: 15 (+1.5)
Agi: 20 (+2.0)
Int: 25 (+2.5)
*NOTE* There are no leveling of ultimate, it is always ready to use at Hero level 1. Instead Q,W,E got 5 levels instead of 4. *NOTE*
Spellslinger fires a supercharged magical projectile that damages the first enemy hit.
Visual: Spellslinger throws a bolt that cracks and flashes.
Type: Active, Line, Hostile.
CD: 5/5/4/4/3 sec.
Mana cost: 30/30/35/35/40 mana.
Cast time: 0.8 sec.
Range: 700 range (150 width).
Projectile Speed: 900ms.
* The Quick-bolt is enhanced with the following item effects if present in spellslingers inventory; Life Steal, Critical Strike Chance, Slow.
* Each time Quick-bolt hits an enemy the recharge on Spellslinging! is reduced by 1 sec.
* The bolt damages the first target hit, no matter what.
* The bolt got a personal viewing range of 200 for the purpose of tracking when boosted.
** The bolts viewing range is not shared with anyone.
* If the bolt spots an enemy, in its own personal viewing range, and it is boosted, it will turn on the spot, flying after that enemy.
** "Visualize the Guided Arrow from Diablo 2!"
* The bolt can only travel 700 range, even when boosted and tracking.
* The bolt can be intercepted.
1. Spellslinger shoots a magical bolt dealing 100% basedamage + 30/40/50/60/70 damage as physical damage.
2. Boosted by Spellslinging!: Deals the same damage, but the bolt becomes seeking after it have travelled the first 250 range! (see notes)
* The main ability for Spellslinger.
* Used to keep the passive part of the ultimate refreshed, and kicking out some magical damage.
* With the duration of the passive part of spellslinging! being 5 sec, you can indeffinately keep it up as soon as you level Quick-bolt to level 3, but then again, it takes enemies to hit. (see Spellslinging!)
Spellslinger vanishes and appears again releasing a seeking projectile from where he appears.
Visual: A great flash (bigger than magebanes) at start and end possition, with a super charged seeking bolt appearing from end possition.
Type: Active, Target Ground, Blink.
CD: 15/14/13/12/11 sec.
Mana cost: 120/125/130/135/140 mana.
Cast time: 0.8 sec.
Range: 500 blink range (350 projectile range).
Projectile Speed: 1200ms.
Cap: Max 1 bolt per enemy (see notes).
* The bolt will only shoot if there is a target with range of end position.
* The bolt will always fire upon the nearest target.
* The bolt is seeking so it will fly after the target.
* The bolt can be intercepted.
* Any given enemy can only be victim of one bolt at all times, even when the ability is boosted.
1. Spellslinger flashes in and out from one place to another, releasing 1 magical bolt that deals 100/120/140/160/180 + 20% of intelligence as magical damage to the nearest single target to the end position.
2. Boosted by Spellslinging!: same effects, but there will spawn 2 additional bolts that will seek targets aswell.
* Multipurpose blinkspell. Used for damaging, escaping, positioning.
* Blink close to your opponent to damage and in position to lay down your other two spells before he can react, dealing tons of damage in total.
* The range of the blink is short and cd decent, so you would not be able to use it effeciently for fleeing in a straight line, but you will have to use cliffs and treelines.
Spellslinger shoots a large flattened projectile that sets in enemies and dealing them alot of damage.
Visual: Shoots a bigger less focussed supercharged bolt, that travels like a small wave.
Type: Active, AOE Line, Hostile.
CD: 11/10/9/8/7 sec.
Mana cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana.
Cast time: 0.8 sec.
Range: 500 range (350 width).
Projectile Speed: 900ms.
* The bolt deals half damage to non-hero targets, unless it is boosted.
* The attackspeed reduction is not a lingering debuff, but a magical restraint that instantly releases when duration ends.
1. Spellslinger shoots forth a great supressing bolt that deals 70/90/110/130/150 + 20% of intelligence as magical damage (half to non-hero targets), and reduces the attack speed of enemy heroes struck by 50% for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
2. Boosted by Spellslinging!: Same effects but increasing the intelligence bonus to damage from 20% to 100%, and making all targets hit suffer full damage.
* Due to the poor health gain, Spellslinger relies on dodging enemy ability combos with blink, and slowing enemy carries with supressing-blot to gain the upperhand of the fight.
* Also a great way to clear minions when boosted to get a clear shot on an enemy hero standing behind.
* Poor range, but potential to be a massive nuke lategame with a high int-score.
Spellslinger is physically a slinging machine with his four arms and four magical pouches of energy. (see picture when its uploaded)
Visual: Is magical pouches lights up when booster is ready.
Type: Ultimate Passive + Activable booster.
CD: 12 sec recharge, 0.5 activable part.
Mana cost: none.
Cast time: as close to instant as possible!
Duration: 5 sec booster (after activated), 5 sec (for the bonus attack speed buff; refreshable).
Projectile Speed: none.
Cap: Maximum of 5 stacks on the bonus attack speed buff.
* If you activate and the booster is not used to boost one of your abilities, the booster is lost.
* When you use another ability after you activated the booster, it will consume the booster.
** Only one booster can be activate at any given moment.
* The bonus attack speed buff is refreshed everytime a spell hits an enemy.
** It is the whole stack that is refreshed.
*** If not refreshed the whole stack is lost and you need to start over again.
* Quick-blot reduces the recharging of the booster charges by 1 sec, if it hits an enemy.
Spellslinger is adept at tossing out magical energy and the more he tosses the more empowered he becomes, granting him a stacking buff called Spellslinging! each time he lands a spell on an enemy; +10% attack speed, stacking to a maximum of +50% (5 stacks), that last for 5 seconds and is refreshed everytime he lands a spell on an enemy.
Additionally he can boost his other abilites making them more powerfull. He can do this a maximum of 3 times with a 0.5cd inbetween, with the charges recharging every 12th seconds.
* You start with the 3 charges for free, and dont have to level the spell.
* Spellslinger can be the ideal poker, with seeking [Q]'s.
* Spellslinger can be great lane pusher, with boosted waves of damage from [E].
* Spellslinger can be a early ganker, with all of the above and his [W] that damages in addition to blink.
** Finally he will get a 30% attackspeed boost from landing each of his spells, granting him real power if build for autoattacks.
* The CDs from his other spells, limits the effetiency of the attack speed buff, but scales into late.
* The ultimate being active from level one will bring a new type of hero to the table.
Hope you like. Leave your comments and reviewings in the section below... Hopefully.
Dude, this is WAY to similair to Ezreal from League of Legends. I get a lot of inspiration from some LoL-heroes (Brand, Lee Sin and Riven are some of my favorite heroes in any MOBA) but you really need to cover your tracks and make it way more different than this.
Well I guess you missed to point. I wasnt trying to cover my tracks, because it is not a copy/paste. I took Ezreal and Karma from LoL, reworked them into the HoN mechanics, and gave it my personal feel.
By now, doing anything new (that being any industry in the world) is really hard, because we always draw inspiration from what is, to found something new. I know the LoL players will reconize alot from Spellslinger, but he is a HoN hero, balanced for HoN, and not LoL.
I could also remove the fact that I even was inspired from something, but that would just not feel right.
If there is still objections, I can make him more into the "standard" HoN heroes, but that would also just be "yet another" boring project, if you know what I mean?
I understand your intention with this, but I feel you've gone WAY to close to the source so to speak. This hero is almost a hard-copy of Ezreal down to the usual passive fifth ability in LoL heroes. I'm not saying you should make him like a standard HoN hero, but I'm saying you should not make him so incredibly close to what you want to emulate. And drawing inspiration from other things is perfectly normal, but this is not that.
I suggest you rework the hero, thinking about what you find the most fun parts of Ezreal and Karma (In my opinion, the fun part of Ezreal is that he is such a high intensity hero that functions as a carry through continuous casting of spells that need timing and good placement. You can achieve that with many kind of spells, just not blatantly taking the same spells as Ezreal and even the same passive. The ripping from Karma is fine in my opinion as it is an interesting idea that can work on many heroes)
This is what I do when I draw inspiration from my League of Legends heroes. Many of my heroes have very low cooldowns and mana cost so to encourage very active play like many League of Legend heroes. I also have a lot of movement spells as I find that to be very fun in heroes like Lee Sin.
A clear example of me taking inspiration from League of Legends is my hero Shadow Dancer which has a lot of similarities to Riven, Brand and LeBlanc, but none of these are so close as to make it a clear copy. I took the concept of different combos from Brand and the play style of Riven while giving him a modified version of LeBlanc's ultimate (subconsciously :P) since that fit the hero and the concept.
I guess what I'm saying is that you should figure out what you find attractive in League of Legend heroes, let that inspire you and make HoN heroes which retain some of those qualities. Your goal should not be to "Make an Ezreal/Karma hero" in Hon, which might not have been your goal, but what in my eyes became the product.
PS: I would love a Ezreal-like hero in HoN, that hero is so much fun to play. Implementing something with homing would be a nice touch to that.
I do want a Ez/Karma abomination in HoN.!
HoN is, in my opinion, very squared and boring when it comes to implementing new heroes. They got a purpose so to speak, and a synergy of skill that transfroms into a nuker, support, tank, carry etc. What I like about the Ez construction is that he can go both ways, and I would love that in HoN heroes. Therefor I impleneted the Karma part, because that give potential to just go int and typical nuker items to become a nuker. Ez part is ofc. the attack speed, which can supported be achieved by items granting int or just plane damage.
As I see this suggestion, It "feels" to close because he got the "type" of spells. Q is a simple spell, but the synergetics makes it feel "ez like", W is a ripoff because I really like the idea of a short blink with damage. E is partially because of the debuff "ez like". The ultimate is just his passive and karmas ultimate, making him "ez like" again. BUT he isnt? There is a linespell, a blink with damage, an aoe spell. He got the same setup yes, and I could change that, but then this hero would be useless in the HoN world. Let me ellaborate.
As I wrote in the discussion of E (I think it was), for this hero to get a small chance of utility he needs an escape (blink) and debuff (E). I could have made others, but they would not feel right to the concept, and with this hero (and Ez :P) that scales so strongly into late as a carry, it would be nuts to do a stun, a slow, or other forms of utility. So what I am saying is, in my head, the only possible way on implementing an "Ez" to HoN is to make sure he is equally balanced as in LoL. Might just be me that is set blind on making "an Ez" and cant see ways of getting around the "feeling of Ez" without making a totally other type of hero.
Im also a huge Ez fan. Might just be the problem.