i have reinstalled the client and deleted all my mods, still the problem appeared while i was testing in practise mode
cpu info: windows 7 home edition 32bits windows firewall avg free edition antivirus
the issue appeared with patch 2.6
the screen gives a "no signal" message and the sound crashes for a few seconds and just plays all sound after the crash (like it should be in a game) but the screen doesnt react, i have to reboot the computer to fix the problem
the problem only occurs in game and happens every game i play at random times
i hope this was enough information and thanks in advance
During this session of HoN, your mods are active. If they were disabled, or otherwise not re-added after you reinstalled, you will need to do a complete reinstall to remove all traces of it, including deleting the install directory and the HoN user folder. When you reinstall, do not add mods for the duration of the tech support to minimize external influences: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi...lete_Reinstall
Also, after your newest install, upload your latest console.log.
In addition to the above, check windows updates. Also check the nvidia website for updates on your nvidia graphics card.
I'm noticing a couple of "Query not S_OK" near the end of the log, indicating that your GPU is having issues with the current load. This could range from a faulty, out-of-date, or weak GPU. In addition, system restarts can range from a number of things, including high temperatures and faulty hardware.
First, I would like to check on high temperature, as it can cause system restarts and otherwise faulty hardware performance.
1) Open up your casing and vacuum it out to clear the dust to increase air ventilation.
2) If you feel like it, check the motherboard for faulty capacitors, typically from damage under high temperatures. Bad caps can be distinguished by either a bulge on the top, or leaking: http://www.auroracomputer.ca/images/bad_cap.jpg
3) Avoid placing the computer on the floor, as it will attract dust into the casing much faster, leading to the above issue.
4) Check that your fan is spinning properly, and at a decent RPM. (I believe "speedfan" does display the RPM)
5) Check your temperature every once in a while, with emphasis on your CPU, GPU, and motherboard. Keep an eye on this, especially when you are running an intensive application (HoN, full screen videos, ...)
If it is not the temperature, run stress testing programs like SETI@Home, GPUGrid, mprime, and furmark and see if any of those cause a system restart.
Also, check that your power supply unit is providing enough Watts to your hardware for them to run properly.
Lastly, if you are actually getting a BSoD, but your computer is restarting almost immediately afterward, you will need to disable the automatic restart so you can view the error message, which you can use to google for the cause, or call the factory's technical support:
- F8 during computer startup to access the advanced boot menu, and select "Disable automatic restart on system failure" http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/choicesn.jpg/
i have cleaned the computer and there was a lot of dust, the temperatures are much lower now, however i still get crashes.
but now it are K2 exeptions and the computer doesnt restart, HoN only closes. it happens after a few minuts of midwars and i havent tested other modes.
i have already increased the workspace with the CMD and tried running HoN on lower graphics but it didnt help