Thread: Intro to competitive

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Intro to competitive

Can someone explain me what competitive means?I find out about some heroes that they are rarely picked in competitive.how do you know that??

Competative HoN are basicly the best teams and players in general, they participate in tournaments and whatnot.
    They usually pick heroes that fit in the current meta-game, the current meta game is currently having a jungler like Keeper/parasite/tempest and tanky heroes like electrician,armadon etc.

It's kinda hard to explain but the competative teams are basicly the best players, and they play currently in some sort of theme (tanky style) thats how I would describe it easily.
    Anyway some heroes do not fit into the current meta game thats why they're not picked at all in competative.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I couldn't find a better answer.But how do these pro players are selected to play there?or how can anyone participate in competitive?
    Also,can you tell me these meta game heroes?or heroes that are not picked?should i not pick these in normal games if they are not picked in competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    I couldn't find a better answer.But how do these pro players are selected to play there?or how can anyone participate in competitive?
    Also,can you tell me these meta game heroes?or heroes that are not picked?should i not pick these in normal games if they are not picked in competitive?
    These players are sponsored and are found or chosen by a competative team, or just make a team and join small tournaments and show their name.
    Currently there are certain tiers in competative as example the god tier is:
    Pebbles
    Demented shaman
    Jeraziah
    Chtuluphant
    Electrician
    Tempest
    Keeper
    Parasite

Probably a few more but I aint to good in remembering.
    Anyway if ur playing a game you should choose a balancing hero to aid ur team.
    If your team has a lot carries you should refrain picking a carry, but I'm not saying you should always go support either.
    Pick what you like, discuss it with ur team.

There are certain picks you should learn before picking them, mostly they're hard carries like The dark lady,Sandwraith,Chronos,Madman etc.
    Also scout and nighthound are picks you'll get *****ed at, try to find some guides before using them, it will make a difference.

check this: http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofn...ist-march-2012
    its the march hero list but should be still pretty much up to date.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    well pebbles is nice but he has lower relevance in late game,parasite is all about farming,ganking and getting codex.tempest indeed owns anything.
    as for electrician,i find him a bit useless in a teamfight.if you stun some1,the enemy will just focus you,and you need really good items to resist them.
    AS for carries tdl is my favorite.scout and nh are all about ks.

is torturer that good?i find him real squishy and very mana dependent.

and about chosing something that suits your team,it is really hard in ap mm.nobody shadow picks they just pick in the last moment something they will surely fail with.(orange scout,magmus you know the rest.)
    Last edited by Clytemnestra; 05-15-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    well pebbles is nice but he has lower relevance in late game,parasite is all about farming,ganking and getting codex.tempest indeed owns anything.
    as for electrician,i find him a bit useless in a teamfight.if you stun some1,the enemy will just focus you,and you need really good items to resist them.
    AS for carries tdl is my favorite.scout and nh are all about ks.

is torturer that good?i find him real squishy and very mana dependent.

and about chosing something that suits your team,it is really hard in ap mm.nobody shadow picks they just pick in the last moment something they will surely fail with.(orange scout,magmus you know the rest.)
    Electrician useless, His shield is so strong reduces dmg by 50% for mana and gives free 60dmg/sec in area.
    Absorbsion deals massive amount of dmg + movement speed while its mana free basicly, his ult removes buffs like jera's shield, and slows them, or removes debuffs.