Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The popular Blind Bans

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleiva View Post
    I find gauntlet much harder to deal with than devourer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jegermetin View Post
    i ban devo for his cadavor armor only.
    Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh` View Post
    Devo is no real threat. No need to ban. Art neither.
    Dafuq.

Da. Flying. Fuq.

Devourer is always, always, the first ban. Dev hook, single best initiation spell in midwars early on. Whenever you have enough mana for a hook you almost always have a guaranteed kill. Too many heroes in the lane for them all to hide behind the creeps, all you have to do is get a ward on their cliff and stand in the right place, pull one of them fukers in, have your team focus the poor fuker with all the stuns your team was smart enough to realize you must have, and you get a kill.

Always, always ban devourer unless you're going to instapick him yourself.

Cadavor Armor isn't the big issue with him, and if you've played games against a devourer where that is the biggest issue with him I shudder to think how that person was playing him.

Gauntlet can't hook like devo, doesn't have an inescapable aoe slow, and no natural magic armor. Only one aoe spell, he can take people out quickly but he's primarily a single targeting hero.

Mid Wars Tiers (as far as I'm concerned baised on personal experience)

God Tier: (Instapick or ban every game)

Good Tier: (good picks, very popular)
    “If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely.
    This is one of the darkest of all psychological secrets.”

^ dunno why people like you take mid wars so seriously. If your positioning is good then dev hook is not a huge deal. Game is boring as hell for the first 10 minutes without a devourer on either side.

p.s. devourer is much more of a 'single target hero' than gauntlet is.

Quote Originally Posted by _Scathach_ View Post
    Dafuq.

Good Tier: (good picks, very popular)

What midwars are you playing? I hardly ever see some of those, I think I saw zerker once, out of 55 games....glac/temp/flux only 2-3 times each aswell.

Account Icon
    Whenever I get to ban I always ban typically the enemy team will ban Artillery anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by OnStrike View Post
    What midwars are you playing? I hardly ever see some of those, I think I saw zerker once, out of 55 games....glac/temp/flux only 2-3 times each aswell.
    i play zerker alot in mid wars, hes not popular but i think thats because no one knows how to build him correctly. I feel lk im the only one showing how its done.

I notice that Dev/Artillery/Flint are banned most games.

I do see the reasons for Flint/dev but as for Artillery all you need is a competent ranged stunner to flank him and his LRM is worthless early on.

I have played a few games using Flint and could easily take out FA/sil/puppet all alone with a little help from symbol of rage he is incredibly powerful late game but early on depending on the player it can go either way.
    Dev becomes incredibly hard to kill late game because of his passive however not everyone who chooses dev is a good dev and you know it when it is SOOO easy to tell when he is going in for a hook.
    *walks into middle of river presses h and throws a hook*

Having said all that I usually ban those 3 anyway because my team mates are just so sure that if those heroes are not banned and then not chosen by our teammates then it is gg....
    Sacrifice..

The problem is people double ban Dev. Can we all agree that from now on, Hellborn will ban Dev and Legion will ban artillery

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    all dees 1500s thinking flint is god tier.
    I have maybe lost once vs flint in mid wars and atleast beaten 10 of them.
    He's squishy for a long period of time and mid wars games tend to be short.
    He's pretty much a free walking kill, then again most pubs in mid wars are too stupid/afraid to actually iniate on a 400 hp low armor hero even thoug hit takes like 10 autoatacks (aka 2 per/person) to kill him, and that is without spell usage.

Seriously if you think flint is a problem you and your team are just bad.

Also on-topic: Accursed/Jera/Devo/Gauntlet/Doctor Repulsor/Magmus/Riftwalker/Thunderbringer are definately all on there.

I think artillery/defiler/aluna are pretty high tier aswell, but don't quite compare to the ones I just posted

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Ban Ellonia/Rift/Flint.

Take that EA buyers!

4char

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    all dees 1500s thinking flint is god tier.
    I have maybe lost once vs flint in mid wars and atleast beaten 10 of them.
    He's squishy for a long period of time and mid wars games tend to be short.
    He's pretty much a free walking kill, then again most pubs in mid wars are too stupid/afraid to actually iniate on a 400 hp low armor hero even thoug hit takes like 10 autoatacks (aka 2 per/person) to kill him, and that is without spell usage.

Seriously if you think flint is a problem you and your team are just bad.

Also on-topic: Accursed/Jera/Devo/Gauntlet/Doctor Repulsor/Magmus/Riftwalker/Thunderbringer are definately all on there.

I think artillery/defiler/aluna are pretty high tier aswell, but don't quite compare to the ones I just posted
    it is not fun to play games against Flint when you will be two-shotted across the whole map from 20 minutes mark

Account Icon
    if people understood the power of defiler's silence she would be a permaban.
    tongue punch my turd cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakus View Post
    I always laugh at Parasites...buy 1 Ward..win.
    parasite decides to deny 1 creep per wave,****s you over.win.

You make my eyes bleed. I can't belive non of you have yet realized the combination of Master of Arms and Aluna(I hope I need not explain why). Go try for yourselves.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Armadon is unstoppable, haven't seen one game where the team with armadon lost. Heck we won a game where we down 60-110. You just can't kill him without killing your team, heck killing him with such a short respawn time is pointless.
    Nightmarish
    Custom Zombie Survival Map for HoN

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...9#post15049429

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Techies View Post
    Armadon is unstoppable, haven't seen one game where the team with armadon lost. Heck we won a game where we down 60-110. You just can't kill him without killing your team, heck killing him with such a short respawn time is pointless.
    so far I havent seen even single midwars game, where team with Armadon won

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Artillery will wreck everybody up for across the river where he's safe from about 90% of spells short of Gladi pitfall to interrupt his LRM

and LRM scales with damage

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I play as geomancer in mid wars probably the least played hero ive ever seen but massive AOE and really nice movement by using dig.

Quote Originally Posted by kingduckling View Post
    parasite decides to deny 1 creep per wave,****s you over.win.
    Who cares about 1 creep per wave? Its all about kills.

Devourer, artillery & flint for the obvious reason everyone bans them, but I usually leave 1 of the 3 out (depending who I play against & who I play with), and I usually also ban armadon.
    He's annoying as hell in midwars if you know how to play him.
    5328 games, 0 disconnects, still counting!
    - -
    - - - - And freaking proud of it! - - - - - -

beggers won't work...
    workers won't beg...
    I have gold coins, you're a fag

Remember today, the 12th of may, there's no more fail, since today is retail! Happy Retails day!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    it is not fun to play games against Flint when you will be two-shotted across the whole map from 20 minutes mark
    2 shot? Flint has relatively low damage output compared to many other single target dps carries. And if you allow him to get to a point where he does considerable damage 20 mins in, that's just a sign pretty much you were already losing and no it's not due to picks it's due to you simply being a bad player.

Flint is squishy, easy target, easy to focus if he doesn't have a really good support like jera/accursed keeping him up.
    Then again you're probably 1300 for a reason.
    If you get better you'll see the many reasons why flint is really overrated.