Thread: Cooldown on wards make for lower variety in picks

Cooldown on wards make for lower variety in picks

Simple enough, the ability to block the creep-camps in your enemies jungle without being able to counter-ward them lowers the efficient ability to introduce new heroes into the game while promoting traditional and common hero picks and lanes.

I didn't take part in the discussions when the first change to cooldowns were made but to me it's just seems it's hurting the scene.

Any hero can jungle via pulling neutrals to the creep-wave.
    Disclaimer: In the recruitment board this is an inofficial posts and replies are done through PMs, in other boards this post is law.

See LoL, they have Summoner spell smite, and blue/red monsters and dragon/baron.

This makes LESS variety in picks, forcing each team to have junglers.

What if 'the ability to block the creep-camps in your enemies jungle without being able to counter-ward' introdued to hon? If it was so easy, it would be very disadvantageous to have junglers, then less variety.
    If that method was so hard? then it would be so hard to counter enemy shorter lane... maybe trilanes will be predominant setup then.

It is good as for now.
    Last edited by moyang; 05-07-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Actually it can make the game more interessting, you start with 2 wards, one is obviously a rune ward the other will be a ward for the camp.
    No what if you'd go to the enemies jungle and start doing ur jungling there while you have a pharaoh,bubbles,hag or tundra in suicide lane?

Jungling is hard in HoN, but wards have always been in place in order to counter junglers from just roflfarming. Putting a ward for the pull spot and the easy camp can cripple half the jungler pool easily. What's in place now is fine, what's not fine is S2 not releasing a jungler in quite some time (was Cthulu the last one?).
    General Grievous > Darth Maul / Boba Fett

wards are so op lol, just remove them from the game and be done with it

I still dislike the no counterwards change. At least 1 should be available in case you face an invis hero like revenant.

Quote Originally Posted by FoEva1000MMR View Post
    I still dislike the no counterwards change. At least 1 should be available in case you face an invis hero like revenant.
    You can still buy dust against that kind of opponents, not the same effect i know

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Scout can counterward the pull block from lvl1 on. The whole idea behind giving rev wards a CD was to get more scout picks. Because Scout.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Scout is underrated.

I can counter ward those blocked creepspots.

1. Buy Invis ward.
    2. Place it in the right radius to get multiple campspots.
    3. Use flying courier, fly over the trees. Kill ward between trees.
    4. Problim wards?

I also use this method to counter ward without placing a real ward, so enemies do not see that I warded there.

I do not see what your problem is.
    Last edited by Brainfreak; 05-07-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Is you realy need to counter-ward get dust at start, problem solved.

The point is that any hero can be played as a "jungle" hero, having cooldown on rev wards in the beginning makes it less efficient to pick such a lane and evidently it's really uncommon.
    It's forcing traditional picks for this non-innovative community.

and Skyve if you're just here to troll please **** off
    Disclaimer: In the recruitment board this is an inofficial posts and replies are done through PMs, in other boards this post is law.