Below are suggestions to balance and improve the shop.
1) New payment screen for the purchase of gold coins, allowing for 5 dollar increments from 5 dollar up to 100 dollar purchases. Since it's 20 choices 4 lines of 5 would work perfectly, showing how many gold coins you've purchased and how many bonus coins you've earned. We (the players) don't need giant images of gold in bags like a 'Harry Potter' movie, we just need options. If you have the 5 USD (210 gold coins), 10 USD (420 gold coins) and 15 USD (630 gold coins) with no bonus coins since they would be the most commonly purchased and the 20+ USD coin packs having bonus coins that the bonus gets larger as you purchase more then that would be perfect.
Note: I've played since before coins even existed. I remember when coins were colored gold, however were able to be purchased OR earned through game play. Knowing how this game has evolved gives me an insight that allows me to say this: Never allow the sale of silver coins. Gold coins should be the only purchasable coins. Furthermore, never add a THIRD currency type. It's the K.I.S.S. principal. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
2) Normalization of the coin system. Since you have both silver and gold coins there needs to be a static value set, and no more of this 'fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants' pricing. Silver coins should never BECOME a gold coin, however the value of X silver coins should equal one gold coin. Example: 5 silver coins are the same as 1 gold coin. An alt avatar costs 500 silver coins and therefore would cost 100 gold coins.
Note: This is a priority.
3) Normalization of alt avatar prices. Alt avatars should have set prices. Prices should be determined by the amount of work put into them. That work can be rated with 1-6 stars. A 1 star would be a new texture, 2 stars would be a new texture+1 other modification(model, sound or animation), 3 stars would be a new texture+2 modifications, 4 stars would be a new texture plus all 3 modifications(model, sounds and animations), 5 stars would be limited edition and 6 stars would be gold edition (a specialized type of limited edition, and therefore worth more). All avatars would be priced using this system. Example: A 1 star avatar costs 100 silver coins or 20 gold coins (using the above 5-1 ratio). A 2 star would be 200 silver coins or 40 gold coins a 3 star costs 300 silver coins or 60 gold coins, etc. A limited edition avatar would be considered all modifications+1 and a gold edition would be all modifications+2 Obviously this is not the coin ratio to be chosen but simply an example.
Note: This is also a priority.
4) ALL heroes need a 'new texture'/1 star alt avatar to be released before ANY MORE heroes get one.
5) EA alt avatars should be able to be purchased for gold, and relabeled "Limited Edition", all "Limited Edition" avatars should be purchasable with gold only, except the holiday collection. Only Gold Edition and Holiday avatars should be 'rare'. Occasional promotions could occur to allow silver coins to purchase these as well.
6) EA heroes should be released LESS. This game already has an insane learning curve. Please release a new hero only every month and a half minimum. Players who purchase the EA heroes would get a discount on the 'limited edition' alt avatar, instead of paying full price....like it is now.
7) Silver coin purchase: Try before you buy. This new implementation would allow a player to pay a mere 15 coins and try out a hero or alt avatar for a 24 hour period. It would only work once per hero or alt avatar.
(More to come, but this already ate up a bunch of my time. Ideas and critique from other players welcome. Hoping to build a giant thread of changes for the shop to make this game better for everyone.)
We should have this flag added.