Thread: BX3 Tournament, Friday 4th May

BX3 Tournament, Friday 4th May

Hello.

I would like to start by saying I am disappointed in Megabever for not posting this earlier (seriously).
    Tonight, at 19:00 CET, BX3's own tournament is going down. So far, no teams has signed up, but please do sign up if you are interested in trying out against other teams tonight. There is, however, no price, as this is the first tournament they are arranging, and they want to see how successful it will be. And yes, I do disagree with this. Prices equal more sign-ups. So, if you want more tournaments in the future, and with prices, show some interest and battle it out tonight!

More information and sign-up information here:
    http://arena.bx3.no/tournaments/hon

Thanks!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    very professional. well done.

^ this man makes great posts for signatures DDDDDDDDDDD

also kinda late and same day as dreamhon?... not best choice.
    [12:48:41] Sean "Gorb": comp scene has been dead for over a year

[10:22:44] inklin: i'm an admin, i'm here to help :D I have a motherly approach & make sure everything goes smoothly

A tournament with 6 hours and 30minutes notice. I'd say postpone it by a week or something and make it so it doesnt overlap with other tournaments.

1h30min until the matches suppose to start and you have two team registered?

i c
    no image? Well screw you guys, I'm going home.

I was in no way involved in the arrangement of this tournament.

^Why did you post it then o.o

**** off, I had nothing to do with this tournament. Just because I am player of the BX3 Multicasters team, I'm not the tournament organizer of a BX3 tournament.

BX3 Arena is planning on hosting leagues for several games in the future, and the last couple of weekends they've been hosting tournaments with no prize to see if the community is interested in leagues in the different games in the future. The CS:S tournament was a success, the Heroes of Newerth one was not. I don't really know why, because in the past I've had almost 30 teams (all Norwegian) sign up for Norwegian tournaments, but I guess the word didn't successfully spread this time.

tl;dr: don't blame me, I don't have anything to do with this

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    no prize pool, no one is interested. Plus DreamHoN is in progress, not a good day to announce. Try and change the date.

Account Icon
    I lol'd when I read this topic.

Cmon Mikko Koivu!!!! Almost goal!

Quote Originally Posted by Megabever View Post
    **** off, I had nothing to do with this tournament. Just because I am player of the BX3 Multicasters team, I'm not the tournament organizer of a BX3 tournament.

BX3 Arena is planning on hosting leagues for several games in the future, and the last couple of weekends they've been hosting tournaments with no prize to see if the community is interested in leagues in the different games in the future. The CS:S tournament was a success, the Heroes of Newerth one was not. I don't really know why, because in the past I've had almost 30 teams (all Norwegian) sign up for Norwegian tournaments, but I guess the word didn't successfully spread this time.

tl;dr: don't blame me, I don't have anything to do with this
    Wow, chill out, meant it as a joke in the first place, but when you take it like that... No offence man, but you have kept spreading word about several tournaments, not to mention the way you keep promoting the tournaments arranged for the website/organization that you are writing for(arcticnova). But I guess it's too much mentioning a tournament that promotes your sponsor. Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by haddon View Post
    ^Why did you post it then o.o
    Don't worry, I won't try to spread the word in the future.

Your calling me out for no reason, that's why I reacted like that. This was supposed to be a Norwegians only-tournament, which is why I didnt post about it here. No prize tournament = flame.

Magebeber pls

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckingFan View Post
    Wow, chill out, meant it as a joke in the first place, but when you take it like that... No offence man, but you have kept spreading word about several tournaments, not to mention the way you keep promoting the tournaments arranged for the website/organization that you are writing for(arcticnova). But I guess it's too much mentioning a tournament that promotes your sponsor. Peace.
    Shouldn't really need pointing out, but you don't seem to understand. When you open up a thread with the line "I would like to start by saying I am disappointed in Megabever for not posting this earlier (seriously)." there is no way this can be reasonable construed as a 'joke'. You even added 'seriously' in parenthesis, which further serves to accentuate the fact that it wasn't a joke. When you post a thread both in Competitive and GD forums, calling out a player, are you are really surprised that he turns around and isn't terribly pleased about it? I have no idea what your role is in relation to BX3, but you are doing no favors to anyone by telling everyone about a tournament in only a few hours time, it's a waste of time, so don't call out other people for not doing their part for their own sponsor, it is in no way the obligation of a player on the team to do so. This is one of the stupider things I've seen in recent times, and that's saying something.

So much mad.

I would say the tournament was a success, with 3 signed up teams and 0 matches played!
    (Not sure if ^this aussie is trolling, friendly banter and calling someone out is quite different)
    Last edited by Mardt; 05-05-2012 at 06:58 AM.

omg megabeaver

Account Icon
    MegamadBeaver

Oh my bever -.-''
    [12:48:41] Sean "Gorb": comp scene has been dead for over a year

[10:22:44] inklin: i'm an admin, i'm here to help :D I have a motherly approach & make sure everything goes smoothly

heey i don't mind a tournament with no prize pool.
    You can see it as a couple of scrims and it's fun anyway.
    Winning for the sake of honor and there will be some other (pro) teams that would sign up if the date was sorted better and it would have been announced better.
    It's a game and when there is no other (payed) tournament you can atleast try it.

Blijebobo

Manager of Aerial Decay

Megabever obviously supermad since he used the F-word.