My friend and I (Briodyk) recently created a HoN Webapp for checking player and match statistics in real time via desktop and mobile devices.
Some of you may have noticed that there were a couple threads started already regarding the same new site- we just wanted to centralize everything in a more official way, where we can edit and add updates, etc.
HoNEdge - Link
- Player statistics - Identical to what's available in game
- Latest 10 matches
- Most Played Heroes
- Average Statistics
- Lifetime Statistics
- Clan Information
- Player Profiles
- If you would ever like to link a friend or anyone for that mater, you can link to your stat page at www.honedge.com/player_name
- Fully Responsive / Mobile Friendly
- Our main goal in this project was making a program that worked extremely well going from desktop to mobile. HoNEdge is completely mobile friendly for all current tech mobile devices. If you are on an iOS device, you can save the webapp to your home screen!
- Match Statistics - Being Implemented
- Our match statistics page is completely finished, we are just working on getting it set up with the new design we've been working on. There will be links to your most recent 10 matches on the player profile, where you can click to be directed to that match's information.
- Huge amount of data! We have added end items, kills, deaths, assists, level, colour, amount of MMR or PSR gained or lost, a downloadable replay, and almost all of the other miscellaneous data you could think of!
- Compare Players
- This will definitely be a part of the site that increases the use of player profiles. We will put you, or anyone, side by side another player and compare the statistics!
- We know tha tmost people miss the graphs from the other sites! We will work extremely hard getting graphs for the player profile page, as this will be the hardest. Graphs on the match page would be a lot easier, considering the statistics are based out of 100% per player (damage done like in hondmg.com) or easier numbers to graph that is logical! Stay tuned!
- Scroll Issue
- We know there is an issue pertaining to information being cut off due to the positioning of our footer. This is an issue we will be ironing out as soon as possible!
- Placeholder Text Still Visible
- On some older browsers, the placeholder text on the form is remaining when trying to type in a username, instead of disappearing.
All of these will be updated if something else arises! Follow us on Twitter @ HoNEdge to get full updates!
Considering that the information we are allowed to gather isn't dictated by us, we are obviously limited to what we can do. There have been some requests for features that, unfortunately, are impossible due to our restrictions since the XML API has been shut down until further notice.
Keeping this in mind, we would just like to explain that we will try our best to fill feature requests, but there will be cases where it will not be possible to complete! We hope you understand!
However, we do have data that we will leave out to maintain a level of speed and cleanliness. The top 10 matches can be expanded to show a larger amount of matches. Unfortunately, since we would have to download all of the data for each match, say 40, your load time would be increased, as well as the resources being used by our server. We will be trying to get our recent matches to a larger number, while keeping the load time and speed of the overall site to a maximum.
We hope you understand that in created a project like this, we have to make some sacrifices, others that aren't in our control
Thanks for checking out the thread and we can't wait to hear your feedback - yes, we do like constructive criticism and don't really appreciate bashing, but understand it will happen regardless. Let us know what would make it better for you!
Kevin & Kyle
Last edited by BeRRyBoY; 05-06-2012 at 11:29 PM.
When you search a users stats, it brings you to their stage page, with their name as the header. Next to their name, could you possibly add another "search bar", so I don't have to backspace everytime I look up somebody's stats? I know it doesn't seem like much but you'd save me like an hour of work <3
Thanks a bunch.
I wonder how it would look like without the accordion animation. Just have "Lifetime Statistics" and "Average Statistics" displayed by default and only be able to hide and show clan info.
There should be an option so we can see our played hours.
Its showing the no-stats matches I've played and it shouldn't, right?
is it so hard to make a functioning ladder? i dont get why no1 has done this (esp S2)
Once the HoN API is released, we will implement as much as we can! We're just limited to what S2 gives us (for the most part - sometimes we do some calculations using data, but we need the data to work with in the first place, etc.)
Anyways, we will definitely work on this when the API is fixed!
Last edited by BeRRyBoY; 05-04-2012 at 03:31 AM.
There were some hero names misspelled resulting in blank images - this is now fixed.
So, when exactly s2 ask you to shut it down because it uses masterserver?
List of HoN streamers