Like many others out there I am the casual gamer. I dont have endless time to play everyday and often there are days where I dont have time at all. On average I probably play 3 games of HON a day. My problem is that I way too often encounter people who even before the game starts is ruining the game. They start to flame for some reason or another from the second they are not in charge, feels teammates are underperforming etc etc. You ALL know what im talking about. I hate it. I love the game because its good and has a steep learning curve which is challenging but because of the community arrogance which is so normal I am looking for another game to replace HON. That is in one word - sad!
I dont know if this has been suggested before but then just ignore the thread.
We need a rating system. A system not based on skill which is what we already have but a system based on manners. It doesnt have to be very complicated (but will probably end up being so anyway to include every known loopwhole - flamers are very creative).
My simple thoughts are these:
1. You can either give thumbs up or thumbs down on another player after a match
2. If your "manner score" is high (high percentage of thumbs up's compared to thumps down's) from earlier games your vote on another player has a higher weight than if your "manner score" is low.
3. when you join a game you can decide the requirements for other peoples manner scores
4. You can only rate a player once (to avoid friends abuse)
1. You will make the percentage of "good" games much higher for people like me. I hear the phrase "This was actually gg though we lost - thanks guys" so rarely and that is a pity.
2. The people who thinks its ok to rage on everyone will be able to play with people with the same mentality - the same counts for people who enjoys only games where people behave who will also be able to find eachother more easily.
3. It will be more easy for HON administrators to sort out ban reports due to the rating system.
4. Much higher percentage of GG's!
People might confuse bad manners with bad play (missed miss calls etc.). These people, i argue, will be the same people flaming in the first place and thus their thumbs down on will not have a high weight due to their own low manner rating. Therefore the "wrong" manner ratings will tend to even themselves out.
What do you think of the idea?
Last edited by Skrepee; 05-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.
I really hate it when they tell you to move thread from general discussion to the desert forum. Really this forum is dead no one every comes here and I've seen so many great threads getting wacked down cause they "didn't fit in the general discussion". Compared to a lot of threads I think this one should've stayed in general discussions cause no one EVER looks in this forum.
Anyway since I took my time to find this post in the "correct forum" I'd like to add that this idea is really good and will improve the game major. Some tweaks will be needed like, you can't vote on people you teamed with. People that rage over "ks" (that doesn't actually exist in this game imo) and thumb people down for this will have their own asses kicked with loads of thumbs down so I think it'll even out. Good idea.
"If violent games make violent people, do farming games make farmers?"
Hillbilly carries unite!
I think you'll need a poll to stay here.
Reverse Pick Game Mode:
Slippers of retreat: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402103
Language flags : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402084
Abusable, not a solution to the problem.
---There are tanks in HoN | BDing is legit | LoL has overtaken WoW as most played game ---
--> Your argument is invalid <--
This is a really really great idea.
If the storage requirements are too high for remembering every player you've voted on, reset them after a week.
Secondly, there should be silver coin rewards every 10 games based on your rating - above 60% 10 coins, above 70% 20 coins, above 80% 30 coins, above 90% 40 coins. Use this to replace consecutive coins.