Thread: Split screening when having HoN open

Split screening when having HoN open

Hi guys, not sure where to post this, so feel free to move where it actually belongs.

I just bought an extern monitor for my computer, but I have a problem I hope some of you can help me solve. When I have HoN open I can't just tab over to my extern screen and still have HoN open on my laptop. If I want to use my mouse on the monitor I still have to tab out of HoN, which isn't what I want. So how do I open HoN so I can tab over to another window without "tabbing out" of HoN?
    I hope it's understandable reading, but I don't know for sure how to explain the problem otherwise.
    Would mean a lot if anyone could help.
    Thanks in advande

/BadsM

look under options, windowed mode

Hmm I might seem like a giant noob, but how do I do that? I can't find a windowed mode anywhere (I assume it's under graphics). I can see a 'Full screen mode' but it can't be that?

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BadsM View Post
    Hmm I might seem like a giant noob, but how do I do that? I can't find a windowed mode anywhere (I assume it's under graphics). I can see a 'Full screen mode' but it can't be that?
    Untick it

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja101 View Post
    Untick it
    That's not exactly how I want it to be done. I hate being able to see the frames around it, and I still want it to be full screen. I would like to have it like Testie has it when he streams, if that's a help to anyone

thats is how he plays. he uses a program called xplit.

Oh, okay. But how does he do so it still looks like it's full screen? And could I do it that way if I get xsplit?

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...constrain#Bang! CIG

Download the Constrain In-Game mod, it will allow you to drag your mouse out of HoN without tabbing (it stops working when you enter a game).

Or open the console (press Ctrl-F8) and type in the following two lines:

bind F11 toggle cg_constrainCursor
    bindimpulse ui F11 Cmd "toggle cg_constrainCursor"

*Then hitting F11 toggles mousegrabbing on and off both ingame and in the hon interface.

Why make it so complicated? options->grafic->exclusive mode (i think its called) Will make your HoN run as in a window, but fullscreened. Got 2 monitors aswell, works like a charm
    Last edited by RaXzoE; 04-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaXzoE View Post
    Why make it so complicated? options->grafic->exclusive mode (i think its called) Will make your Hon run as a windows. Got 2 monitors aswell, works like a charm
    This is the correct answer. Exclusive mode is the problem. Just Google how to turn it off... problem solved.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Answer

Why make it so complicated? options->grafic->exclusive mode (i think its called) Will make your Hon run as a windows. Got 2 monitors aswell, works like a charm
    That is the answer, but want to correct you a little.

Will make your Hon run as a windows.
    That part is partly true.

It makes HoN be like in windowed mode, but it is still in full screen mode, the only difference is that when you untick exclusive mode, then it will show as if it was windowed mode, except that it won't wrap HoN with borders that you cant remove like when you untick full screen mode. Beside that the cursor will still be hold in HoN when it is active, but a click on either the windows button or the "Alt + Tab" combo, it will release the cursor from HoN.

I had unticked exclusive mode for several reasons, the most of them are like i want my stuff to be over HoN when I'm going to need it, like if I need a quick research on something, and don't want to spent time on HoN to unload and then research, and end of with HoN reloads (unload & reloads is what i call the time difference that you need to wait aka "the black screen wait time").

But if you are going to untick exclusive mode, be aware that it might will lower your pc's performance, and it is annoying as hell when you are talking on skype while you are ingame, and someone invite another to the conversation, then the skype icon shows in hon, and as far as i remember Skype is going to overlay HoN. But at least it is faster to reenter HoN when exclusive mode is off than when you get the black screen wait time, when you are running in exclusive mode.

Hope that helped.
    People are often mistaken by the unique name colors, so here they are:
    Game Masters & Forum Moderator
    & Tech Support
    S2 Games
    Were playing, and whole GM team yelled pick rampage, pick rampage:

Why make it so complicated? options->grafic->exclusive mode (i think its called) Will make your HoN run as in a window, but fullscreened. Got 2 monitors aswell, works like a charm
    Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted.. Thanks a lot !