Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Hon Madness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Hon Madness

It's now demented vs. Witch and Ophelia vs. Balphagore.
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...51-HoN-Madness

And everyone says "this poll is not needed, Ophelia and balph is the real vote" etc. etc. blah blah. All this ****. And I don't get it. I mean, I know, An alt avatar for Ophelia is wanted for a long time, same goes for balph. And Demented and witch already have one. But now seriously, who actually can play a pretty decent ophelia. I mean cmon...Ophelia is really only good if you can play her really really really well. Later you all will get this alt avatar and then realize "OH **** I suck at ophelia actually there are way better picks than this hero" or "is not picked up often." And then...yeah what then Is everyone really for Ophelia Alt because you can play her very well or just because it has no alt for a long time? (Why did puppet lose then?)

It's cool if balph or Ophelia would get an alt, but...don't say that the other poll is not needed. I mean cmon...witch and demented!!! WTF!!! Other sad thing is that only like 2% of all the HoN Members use the forum. And the forum users probably all know about the facts with Ophelia not having an alt for this long time. If the vote could be done via HoN client without entering the forum, I think Ophelia would not even be in the half-final vote because 90% of HoN community thinks Ophelia sucks. Same goes for balph
    Edit: I lol so hard if witch or demented will win

bump? :/

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    S2 could put a voting ability in game... Who knows, maybe they only really care about what people who care enough about the game to go on the forums think about it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ShAdOw_LaNcE View Post
    S2 could put a voting ability in game... Who knows, maybe they only really care about what people who care enough about the game to go on the forums think about it.
    Mh...true...Never thought about that. But it's just an alt avatar vote...mh :<

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Account Icon
    I wouldn't worry too much about Ophelia and Balphagore! We're still working towards having an alt avatar for these heroes, regardless of the results of the contest.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderK View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about Ophelia and Balphagore! We're still working towards having an alt avatar for these heroes, regardless of the results of the contest.
    Brophelia!
    Vote for my suggestion to improve the courrier
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=375094

Proud Supporter Of S2, Deal With It
    IsmaelVera for President
    Camp MojoSpirit

then why host the contest at all?

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by klejf View Post
    then why host the contest at all?
    Well I'm saying that we were going to work on alt avatars for those heroes anyway. The contest is just a fun way for the community to pick one!

This is great news! So yeah vote witch and demented

It looks like the event is created to see where the demand is at

Well I'm saying that we were going to work on alt avatars for those heroes anyway. The contest is just a fun way for the community to pick one!
    and how is the winning avatar supposed to be different than the regular ones? I assume you have the database of people that voted for the hero, how about giving it for free for anyone who voted at all / voted X times / voted for the winning hero in the final round? I assume this would make the avatar somehow special for the community.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by klejf View Post
    and how is the winning avatar supposed to be different than the regular ones? I assume you have the database of people that voted for the hero, how about giving it for free for anyone who voted at all / voted X times / voted for the winning hero in the final round? I assume this would make the avatar somehow special for the community.

It's time for the FINALS of HoN Madness! Since early March, we've been running a fun little March Madness inspired tournament where the community votes determine who moves on in the event. Now, after thousands of votes, we're down to the final two heroes! The hero that comes out on top will receive a new alt avatar.... that will be determined by the community via an Alt Avatar Contest!
    This.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ahhh, so once the winner is decided a new poll will be created with options?

• Hamstergore
    • Operagore
    • Bulimic Super Model Balphagore
    • etc

me likie
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Ophelia and Balph would never made it this far if you mentioned this beforehand.

15.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by TDown View Post
    Ophelia and Balph would never made it this far if you mentioned this beforehand.
    Was this not known? We've always had that approach. I would hope that people voted for those heroes because they enjoy playing them and want a new avatar.

I thought it was common knowledge how this poll worked, but the way heroes who got recent alts just dropped off tells otherwise.
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Was this not known? We've always had that approach. I would hope that people voted for those heroes because they enjoy playing them and want a new avatar.
    no ofcourse it was known, that is why the least played hero in the game and considered boring by most is winning the competition.

I think the real question here is : would balph have made it that far without Ismael's pro-balph propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by GrosFif View Post
    I think the real question here is : would balph have made it that far without Ismael's pro-balph propaganda?
    hahaha yeah 10/10

Lol, no, think ppl voted becouse the want an alt to those heroes whitout an alt. We dont want some heroes whit 3-5 alts and some whit 0. We want to have atlest 1 alt to every hero...