Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Improving the Free-to-Play System

View Poll Results: What do you think of this new system idea?

Voters
1265. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Love it!

The results are hidden 0%
  • Like it.

• I don't think it's the best option, but it's an improvement.

• I feel that the current system is better than this one.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    You can find my suggestion post here:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...3#post15086213

---------------

Hi,
    I just wanted to share my ideas and thoughts about the new free to play system without it being entirely lost in the official thread. This is suggestions on the new new hero pool idea. 30 Static Heroes instead of the usual 15 Rotational Heroes that is currently used right now. I agree with what the other players have said with making it 20 Static and 10 Rotational.

My suggestion for this is that we should have:
    18 Static and 12 Rotational

My Reasons are:
    - This allows for 6 Heroes from each agility, intelligence and strength to be in permanently
    - This also allows for 4 Heroes from each agility, intelligence and strength to be rotated every week (or 2 weeks)

• This way players can learn to play the game, without having to learn a new set of heroes every week
    • With 12 heroes each week it gives a window to learn new heroes

Hero Starter Suggestions

Agility:

Andromeda - Crowd control
    Magebane - Physical damage
    Moon Queen - Magic & Physical damage
    Engineer - Crowd control & Magic damage
    The Madman - Physical damage
    Dampeer - Magic damage

Intelligence:

Pollywog Priest - Crowd control
    Rhapsody - Magic damage & Protective
    Nymphora - Crowd control & Protective
    Wretched Hag - Magic damage
    Plague Rider - Magic damage & Protective
    Parasite - Magic damage

Strength:

Jeraziah - Protective & Tank
    Rampage - Crowd control & Physical damage
    Kraken - Crowd control & Tank
    Electrician - Crowd control & Tank
    Pharaoh - Crowd control & Tank
    Midas - Crowd control & Magic damage

These are just suggestions only!
    • There are 9 ranged and 9 melee heroes in the list
    • Provided variety between support heroes, carries and tanks
    • Reminder this is the starting pool of 18 heroes and there will be a rotational list as well

---------------

Leveling Up System

Currently, it is extra silver coins every level you gain on your account

My suggestion:
    - Gain a new hero every level, past level 5 (verified)

• The amount of experience needed per level increases each time you level
    • This then balances out how many heroes you can gain in a certain amount of time

For example, if my account was level 15 then i would have gained 10 more heroes. This contributes ontop of the starter pool and the rotational pool allowing me to have overall 40 heroes of playing HoN

This is also posted under suggestions

Tirior
    Last edited by Tirior; 05-03-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BubblleBee View Post
    Uhhm, just to mention. You Legacies spent 30$ I think for all heroes. F2P players has to use way more than that.
    You complain about the silver use/gold use on avatars? Well, don't complain on the gold use, you make it alot yourself and you decide and for the alt avatars.... F2P players has to buy first the hero then the avatar, Legacy can only get avatar.

Yes you are right, but with the new system F2P people will have more than half heroes for free.
    As legacy player I use most of heroes but not all, the same use that a F2P will have with this system.
    Same heroes but they got advantage..

Currently there are 104 heroes in the hero pool. 30 static heroes is therefore loosely 30% of the current hero pool (which will decrease as new heroes come out, which f2p do not get on release but legacy do). I dont know about your definition of over half, but to me that is no where near half. I dont understand how the last part of your post either, the only account with an advantage is legacy, since they can have all the hero pool without the need to ever farm silver coins or buy gold coins....

I would like to know if there is more news about the Upgrade to Legacy option was being talked about in this topic. I found HoN pretty late when Legacy was already gone and I would be very interested in the option.

I SO AGREE! uhuh so good! my brother who just started playng hate to lose playng his favourite heros week after week

Better than before but I feel 20 or 25 fixed and 10 or 5 rotation will be cool...
    I am not a racist.. I hate all people equally.
    Only thing I will ever love -
    (̅_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅м̲̅a​̲̅я̲̅l̲̅b̲̅o̲̅r̲̅o̲̅ ̅ _̅_̅_̅() ڪے

Quote Originally Posted by YuumeiRei View Post
    Astounding news!

These changes not only allow new players to choose among an wider variety of heroes to start off, but also allow them to keep praticing those heroes as well!
    The 10 heroes per stat detail is very important, not only to keep the balance of the free hero pool, but to allow new players to experience every role in the game and choose that which fits his/her gaming style the most.

About the removal of tokens/passes, that's welcome as well. However, I didn't notice any "refund" notes regarding it, as I did about heroes. Being a Legacy, I don't need tokens, but Free Account owners might like some refunding like "40 silver per remaining token" or "50% gold refund per active pass".
    That would make me the guy with the most Silver in the HoN community I think, currently holding 4.2 million tokens, not sure how but I do

You should do 20 Heroes Free-To-Play + 10 Heroes per week, to test and enjoy diferents heroes...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I like the idea of the 9 rotating, 21 static. It gives people a good base, and the opportunity to try heroes before buying them. I do feel a little bit bad for all the legacies who are enraged at their lack of specialness. Perhaps they could receive EA heroes without buying them, but still have to buy the avatars? That way they get a 2-4 week advantage over the rest of us for free.

I like some of Tirior's suggestions for the static heroes, but may I add one suggestion to each?
    Agility: Add someone like Valkerie to give a good hard carry, and practice with skill shots
    Intelligence: Add Empath. I think Empath is a magnificent hero to learn on, and if we get people to play hard support, so much the better for the community IMO
    Strength: Add someone like Ra or Salforis who can demonstrate a good combo of carry and tank. Rampage is a good start, but the life regeneration on those 2 is helpful when starting.

Just some thoughts, I like the idea overall very much so.
    O little town in U.S.A, your time has come to see
    There's nothing you believe you want
    But where were you when it all came down on me?
    Did you call me now?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaddix View Post
    potential additions such as an Upgrade-to-Legacy fee

HELL NO! Please not! Then we Legacy players will have almost nothing left since F2P model was implemented... First you took our money (30$ for game) and now you are slowly removing all our benefits we gained from (Pre-)Purchasing the game... That sucks
    They're not removing anything from you, they're simply giving people the opportunity to have the same benefits you have for the same price you payed. Are you retarded or just a selfish bastard?

So i might have missed this, but when are all of these changes occurring?
    and this seems like a great idea as well, seeing as f2p accounts will be given a chance to really learn the heroes they are playing.

I still would have liked another chance to purchase a legacy account but with this at least I get to play all the game modes.

I didn't care what special treatment the F2P players get, but now I change my mind! I worked my ass off for 40 MMR earning 5 MMR per game with 8 winning streaks, I had joined a game 5 minutes ago and as soon as the game begins a MORON ran into mid tower started to feed the opposite team, we tried to kick with only 3 votes, and we tried to re-make and received 4-5 votes. I looked at his stats and he goes by the name '****SPICS068" (F2P Account) still with a basic account. I want S2 to take this seriously because I had purchased my account, I have played HON since 2009 when my account was first created. I have just shown, shared and given you how the F2P accounts can be abused. Make some changes S2 because loosing 1 customer can also mean loosing hundreds and the possibility of loosing thousands more
    Three types of players:
    1) Those who doesn't know whats happening
    2) Those who watch whats happening
    3) Those who make it happen

Account Icon
    this is definately a massive improvement to the current system
    Please visit my thread if your tired of not having any pants http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=401955

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    both goodand bad this news .

I like and nice idea the upgrade / legacy.

I support the 18 Permanent heroes and 12 rotation pool heros. This gives and evenly balanced number for each attribute for both systems.
    The token system can still be removed since you have a total of 30 heros anyway.

One business oriented downside of having two systems over the 30 static heroes may be that it becomes less valuable to purchase heroes from the shop but that's really S2's decision in the end.

Legacy people complaining, these are my words to you, i cannot make them any more straightforward or simpler:

S2 is headed in the right direction with this aspect. They are trying to make HoN more newbie friendly and a much better experience for most of the F2P players, who, by the way, are in the MAJORITY. F2P players will eventually end up spending more on the game than you legacy players have, especially if HoN attracts more players when this goes into effect.

If you feel 'neglected' or 'betrayed' by S2 for giving F2P players 'your' game, you are just childish and small-minded. Your immature behavior does NOT MATTER in S2's development. And just so you know, S2 hasn't said that you can upgrade to Legacy for SILVER, you probably have to PAY for it. So grow up and please stop the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Abster View Post
    I support the 18 Permanent heroes and 12 rotation pool heros. This gives and evenly balanced number for each attribute for both systems.
    The token system can still be removed since you have a total of 30 heros anyway.

One business oriented downside of having two systems over the 30 static heroes may be that it becomes less valuable to purchase heroes from the shop but that's really S2's decision in the end.

Legacy people complaining, these are my words to you, i cannot make them any more straightforward or simpler:

S2 is headed in the right direction with this aspect. They are trying to make HoN more newbie friendly and a much better experience for most of the F2P players, who, by the way, are in the MAJORITY. F2P players will eventually end up spending more on the game than you legacy players have, especially if HoN attracts more players when this goes into effect.

If you feel 'neglected' or 'betrayed' by S2 for giving F2P players 'your' game, you are just childish and small-minded. Your immature behavior does NOT MATTER in S2's development. And just so you know, S2 hasn't said that you can upgrade to Legacy for SILVER, you probably have to PAY for it. So grow up and please stop the whining.
    +1+1+1+1+1+1

I think we need a portion of Heroes to be on a random rotation, to keep diversity and let free players try different Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebownd View Post
    I didn't care what special treatment the F2P players get, but now I change my mind! I worked my ass off for 40 MMR earning 5 MMR per game with 8 winning streaks, I had joined a game 5 minutes ago and as soon as the game begins a MORON ran into mid tower started to feed the opposite team, we tried to kick with only 3 votes, and we tried to re-make and received 4-5 votes. I looked at his stats and he goes by the name '****SPICS068" (F2P Account) still with a basic account. I want S2 to take this seriously because I had purchased my account, I have played HON since 2009 when my account was first created. I have just shown, shared and given you how the F2P accounts can be abused. Make some changes S2 because loosing 1 customer can also mean loosing hundreds and the possibility of loosing thousands more
    See the red part, where u mentioned he is still a basic account??
    You know S2 provided a very simple solution for people who did not want to be grieved by F2P abusers??

its called VERIFIED ONLY. People who have spent some money in the account or have grinded to level 5 will not be feeding/abusing accounts.

Amazing how you don't use SUCH simple solutions built into the game and then come whining on the forums like a little baby.

Feel stupid already 'moron'?? BTW the last part of your post is just ****in hilarious xD