I have 50 matches under my belt now and got my account verified so this is now less of a problem but I can't help but point out my experiance since the next round of newbies will have to deal with it.
On a number of occassions during and after matches I recieved Chat messages that basically said (paraphrasing) "You suck at this game, I'm reporting you for sucking". Now I wasn't sucking intentionally, I sucked because, sucking is part of being a newbie, it goes with the territory and I was playing in the 1500 bracket where all newbies find themselves. Also some of these people where in clans claiming to be over 140+ players and that "I will get all my friends to report you, enjoy your ban"
My qestions are.
1. Can you actually be banned or get a infraction for sucking at this game even if you aren't doing anything unintentionally? (You can ignore the answer to this was, found it in the sticky and for reference the answer is no you cannot be banned for sucking)
2. Can people who weren't even in the match report you? Another words can a clan get together and spam report you to try and get you banned?
3. Finally, is reporting someone simply for sucking a reportable offense? I mean these guys where really harassing the hell out of me and I was genuinly trying my best, of course I wasn't any good at the game, but still, it kind of felt like You have to play the game to level up your account, get silver and buy heroes, while in the same token if you suck you will get banned.
Thanks for your attention.
Last edited by xguild; 04-24-2012 at 05:26 AM.
You can't be banned for being bad.
You can't report someone you haven't played with.
No, their ticket will just be denied and they'll lose their deposit. If they submit too many bad tickets they'll be banned from reporting players for a short period of time.
1. No, you can not be suspended for playing badly. If that was the case we would have to suspend someone in every game.
2. No, only players that were in the game with you can report you. But sometimes if you noticed someone breaking rules or terms of service outside of game you can send PM to SGM and he will look into it.
3.They can report you, but GM's look at every replay and it is easy to recognize false reports. In that case they will receive RAP infraction and they won't be able to use RAP for some time.
Thank you for asking and have fun.
S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
If they report you for being "newbie" or just bad game play they will most likely get a infraction point, so dont worry. No one is born knowing how to play Hon.