Thread: Weapon categorisations

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Weapon categorisations

Just as a random exercise I did when I was reading through the rants of "omg more ice heroes".
    I'm going to separate the current 100+ heroes into different groups base on the weapons, and then the power elements

Fist/Knuckles
    ,, , ,, , ,

Claws
    , , , , , , , , , ,

Blade (sharp edges)
    ,, , , , , , , , , , ,

Blunt weapon (mace etc)
    , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

long weapon (staff etc)

, , ,

Gun:
    , , , ,

Other physical projectiles
    , , ,, , , , , , , , ,

Magic Missiles
    (i.e. The Rest)
    Andromeda, Draconis, Blitz, Nymphora, Thunderbringer, Pollywog Priest, tempest, ophelia, pyromancer, vindicator, bubbles, Empath, Aluna, Martyr, Rhapsody, Monarch, Kinesis, Flux, Slither, Soulstealer, Corrupted Disciple, Defiler, Glacius, Demented Shamen, Voodoo Jester, Puppet Master, Hellbringer, Wretched Hag, Succubus, Plague Rider, Soul Reaper, Dr. Repulsor, Myrmidon, Revenant, Artesia, Riftwalker

Edit:I had a look at 's concept art. That "axe" does not look sharp at all, as in it's probably not used to cut but to smash people with it. Therefore I categorise it in the Blunt Weapon Category.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Different magic attributes/elements
    This deals with the hero theme, and the elements within their skills.

(This part could be highly debatable. Any kind of inputs will appreciated)

has 4 elements (ice, wind, fire, earth[yes, void is earth :P])
    has both Fire and Ice
    is a hard one since it can be dark/nature/electricity.

Fire
    <===>

Water/Ice
    // ,

Wind/Electricity
    //

Earth/Nature
    //

Light
    , , , ,

Dark
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No Attribute
    , , , , , , , , , , ,

Pure Physical/Tech/Bugs
    Swiftblade, Wild Soul, Scout, Engineer, Silhouette, Artillery, Chipper, Bombardier, Armadon, HammerStorm, Legionnaire, Predator, Pandamonium, Rampage, Gladiator, Drunken Master, Berzerker, Blood Hunter, Madman, Arachna, Tremble, Flint Beastwood, Warbeast, Moraxus, Pestilence, Gauntlet

I will attempt to do similar post for the Alt Avatars as well, but only for the ones that has a drastic change in the theme like &, or &

Account Icon
    I like it but I think you need some epic formatting to make it much cooler

(Also, Nomad is blade or long, not blunt)
    Community Contributions Fan

Account Icon
    Cool. Though you might want to make a separate list maybe for alt skins, like rampage's mace -> axe with the awesome rhino dude skin. Or like Pharaoh's blade thingy -> Long halberd etc. There aren't too many of them though, but I think it might be a nice addition if you want to make a full list.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillyWater View Post

(Also, Nomad is blade or long, not blunt)
    this, also chronos wields an axe so he should be in the blade category too. Ra wields a curved sword (curved swooords!) making him also belong to blade.
    I must admit, when I saw the message subject I thought, "Uh-oh, what did I screw up?" - [S2]Woodshed (in response to my latest p.m.)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Looking at those statistics, it's fair to say that what we need next is a wind elemental lancer.

Moa may fit for more than one category too, he has an electric rifle and a physical/acid rifle.

Martyr belongs to Light if you ask me, half of what he does is using holy powers to heal/buff his allies. Maybe you should at a "Holy" to the name of the Light category. Witch Slayer then would fit there too. Empath could also be Light with the Illusory Veil but that's just an assumption. Ophelia could be Nature or Light if you ask me.

Why is Dampeer under Dark but Blood Hunter who has more or less the same hat of drinking blood is under physical? Gunblade however should be Physical imo.

And I know I'm complaining a lot but I just want the list consistent.^^
    I must admit, when I saw the message subject I thought, "Uh-oh, what did I screw up?" - [S2]Woodshed (in response to my latest p.m.)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Physical will be renamed to "pure physical" as in nothing in their theme/skillset has magic elements. Yes i categorise electricity as magic :P
    Not too sure about acid though since it's not exactly natural nor dark, but since MoA has 2 signature skills on electricity that's why I place him in that category.

Yeah I'll put martyr into light. So is Ophelia. Forgot about their heals.
    Nothing about Illusory veil speaks "light" to me, it just seems too neutral.

Dampeer is dark due to his fear.
    While BH also drinks blood, nothing about him is that magical really, unless you count his first skill to be magic....It just seem too beast like instead of demonic to me. If I place him there I would have to put predator there as well, which doesn't make sense.
    Gunblade has that demonic shield which could not be explained if it's not magic. From his lore it could be a power granted by demons, but the visual looks too neutral for me to put it in that category.

thanks for the input though. Greatly appreciated

it's nice to show to many dudes:"omg another ice hero? be creative s2 ' " Whatt????

Great work!

+1
    dw punch!

Sounds all right so far. On Empath, I just thought Illusory Veil was light because illusions are basically a manipulation of light but maybe that's to far fetched.

A few other ideas I had:

Andromeda: Maybe light due to her Aurora
    Midas: Gold based skills -> gold is a metal -> Earth(?)
    Deadwood: While it's dark and corrupted he still uses nature attacks. His lore states "Despite seeking the destruction of Newerth, he still commands the incredible strength and natural powers of a forest guardian..."
    Gunblade: His shield is dark magic yes but his other 3 skills are physical in my opinion. Now it's the question if one skill is more of an inidcator than 3. By that logic Wildsoul shouldn't be physical cause his transformation and summoning Booboo are definitely some kind of nature magic. Same with Warbeast (replace nature with hellish magic). Though the most similar in terms of skills is maybe Moraxus with 3 physical skills and a shield ult which is probably magic too.

Just some headscratchers.^^