Thread: complains about Report Abusive Behaviour and Votekick system

complains about Report Abusive Behaviour and Votekick system

ok so despite the fact that sometimes the reports take months to be reviewed and such things which imply moderators work, the report system is almost USELESS.
    i mean, the only things u can report for is item destroying/spamming couriers and that's ALL. Leaving the game(voluntarily) which usually leads the team to lose isn't punishable; why? remains for the S2 to answer this. and don't give me the crap that if you have 10% leave u can't play MM. so what? say u have 1000 games player, well to have 10% leave that means 100 ruined games. and still anyone can ruin public games.
    another thing that makes report useless is the AFK crap. IT IS TOO RESTRICTIVE. A player isn't punishable if he isn't Kicked out of the game through a AFK-Vote Kick(which implies the whole team to agree). Well, what happens if that respective player has a buddy in the game with him? I'll tell you what happens. it happens that his buddy won't agree to kick him and you will be forced to play in 4. Now you may say: "np, just vote kick his buddy". It's not that simple; you see, in most cases this happens, your team is losing, therefore the other team won't have any reason to kick any of you because they get stats for killing u. Are we on the same line now?
    Also, the votekick system should be adjusted. I mean, what are the chances that all of your opponents would pass to kick one feeder from your team? especially when stats seem to be so important to everyone, 90% of the players wouldn't pass a chance to get feed on a guy who makes your team lose.
    If that is what you S2 understand by making a game pleasant to play it is regretable and means that half of the players that actually payed for this game have made a big mistake. I am really forward to some BIG changes in the actual system.

AFTER EDIT:
    afterall here is my suggestion for (normal, non-afk) votekick system:
    make the the votes of the people from the same team as the person being voted to be kick count more than the votes from the other team.
    for example: let's say it's a 5v5. in this case legion team wants to kick BLUE player.
    each vote from legion will count 2 points, each vote from hellbourne will count 1 point. Number of points needed to be achieved = number of player in game
    10 points must be achieved. => if the whole legion team passes, 2 people hellbourne must pass.
    => if the whole hellbourne team passes, 3 people from the legion must pass
    Last edited by dospy; 04-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Awesome wall of text. Try posting in http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/fo...8-RAP-Feedback next time.

Account Icon
    If you want to suggest ways to change the leaver system, post here to have your ideas considered!
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...pinion-Matters
    (Also the leave % is 5%, and public games can choose to have no leavers in it)

When you get AFK kicked you get the same penalties as leaving (lose mmr, get a leave)

If the AFK guy has a buddy in the game and you can PROVE (previous games, clan tags, how they talk to eachother) that they are friends, then you can report for AFK avoidance if they are doing it to grief.

Yeah kick system is kinda average but unless you suggest a way to change it (and don't say only have 5 people because then there will be more QQ about a 4 lock kicking them as soon as the game starts, plus this is unfair for genuinely new players) don't bother posting about things which we already know already has some flaws.

ty for the feedback guys. also ty the mod for moving my post(sorry i didn't know for sure where to post it so i thought to post it in the most appropriate place)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    There are a lot of problems with the statements:

1) You can leave 5% of your games, not 10%.

2) There's no need to prove that a player who's refusing to kick someone is his friend, a GM will take care of that.

3)
    Quote Originally Posted by dospy View Post
    Leaving the game(voluntarily) which usually leads the team to lose isn't punishable; why?
    Because a player will be already punished by the leaver system.

4)
    A player isn't punishable if he isn't Kicked out of the game through a AFK-Vote Kick
    That's completely the opposite. A player isn't punishable if he IS kicked out of the game through a AFK-Vote kick.

5)
    Well, what happens if that respective player has a buddy in the game with him?
    If someone is covering his friend by not kicking him while he's AFK, that's reportable as AFK avoiding.

6)
    Also, the votekick system should be adjusted.
    S2 stated that if 9 people want to kick someone, there's no reason to interfere with that. If the player fed on purpose, you can report him and he'll be suspended if he's found guilty. Feeding a lot is not reportable since everyone has to learn somehow. There're already way too many problems regarding players kicked unfairly (according to them), making the system easier to kick would probably increase this problem.

what if you play with 3 of your friends and the other man in your team is a complete newbye and feeds the game making u lose? isn't that a reason to kick him?
    it's not our fault that the s2 matchmaking repartition system is not accurate enough to put noobs with noobs.
    about 4), at the RAP it CLEARLY SAYS that one person will be PUNISHED ONLY IF it get kicks out of the game via KickAfk:
    http://www.picz.ro/show-image.php?id...8c0747dbaf5cf6
    about 3). Well yes, they get punished only after a constant percent of leaves, it seems that u didn't read my post carefully. let's say you have 1000 games played, that makes 50 leaves until you REALLY get punished which means 50 ruined games. and only AFTER 50 leaves you get a real punishment; does that seem right to you?
    Last edited by dospy; 04-22-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Please use the stickied thread at the top of this forum for discussion regarding the leaver system.