Thread: Frost Field Short Story Contest

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Frost Field Short Story Contest

This contest is intended to flesh out the story in the Frost Field region of newerth. Entries should expand on the existing lore in the region but do not need to be about a hero. Ex. story about a humans life in the region, about a character who isn't a officially a hero in the game, some thing that happens in a location, expanded back story for a hero from area (direct or indirect), ect. This contests ends May 11th. Entries will be judged after that date.

Rules

*multiple entries are acceptable
    *No longer then 600 words
    *No fewer then 0 Words
    *Must fit into HoN lore
    *Must take place in the Frost Field Region (any where on the map)
    *Must include [FrostField1] in thread title
    *Must be a separate thread in the lore section
    *Please post a link to the entry in this thread

If you have any questions about the contest or Frost Field please use this thread to discus them.

Frost Field

1 Frost Fang: The icy mountains of Frost Fang are home to the Frostwolves. The Frostwolves are territorial and no Man, Beast, or Demon have trespassed in their lands and survived. The wolf god Fenrir slumbers in this mountain range. (the item frost wolfs skull)

2 Grimms Cross: With the Frost Fang mountains to the south and freezing and stormy waters to the north Grimms crossing is the only path the demons can take into the western frost fields. (the map grimms crossing)

3 Horfot Academy: A stone academy where humans study magic and technology. Famous for its massive libraries containing ancient tomes and the invention of Frost Field plate. (frost field plate)

4 Blackwal: Blackwal was a fertile grass lands ruled over by baron Salforis who was tasked with providing enough crops to feed the legion of man. With the opening of the scar blackwal was "lost" and now it produces a steady crop of the undead for the hellbournes armies. (Lord Salforis and gravekeeper)

5 Frost Fields: A cold, rocky and flat land. There is almost always a layer of frost on the ground and few to no trees.

6 Tundra: A more heavily forested and mountainous region then the frost fields. There is a norse style human settlement in the northern mountains of the tundra. They are a off shot of the savage tribe and have been isolated from the human beast war. The southern tundra mountains near caldavar are home to a tribe of white apes who are closely connected to the beast horde.

7 Caldavar: The edge of the caldavar forest.

8 The Frozen Edge: not much is know about the frozen edge. This area is covered in glaciers.
    Last edited by Drasha; 04-19-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    RESERVED*

Also, isn't it already past March 11th?
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    meant to say May 11th fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

The Awakening of Glacius

Last edited by BuddhaKekz; 04-20-2012 at 07:57 AM.
    I must admit, when I saw the message subject I thought, "Uh-oh, what did I screw up?" - [S2]Woodshed (in response to my latest p.m.)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Reserved.

Is it okay if I simply make the short story part of my already existing HoN Lore?

Here is my entry:

Frost Fields Prologue
    Last edited by CKMo; 04-21-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Participating also in this event.

Here is my entry:

Excerpts from the Papers of a Scholar

I'd like to note and commend on those who participate in this contest and took time to view and post within the Lore Forums.
    Every story, every discussion and every form of lore that comes from those interested are invaluable to the growth of Newerth's enigmatic lore.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    **** yeah!

Here it is! http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...of-a-Frostwolf

I feel like i'm way beyond the word count limit though.
    Last edited by Blueflash; 04-26-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks for the sig Lhune <3
    Check out My blog in which i post chapters of my novel every so often http://lightvoid.wordpress.com/

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKekz View Post
    This is my entry for the Frost Field Short Story Contest. Is it ok to post in this thread just like this or should I make my own thread like VoidRip?
    You should make a separate thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CKMo View Post
    Reserved.

Is it okay if I simply make the short story part of my already existing HoN Lore?
    sure just make sure you make a separate thread for it in this section.

The story of the Frost Fields

This is my entry please read and enjoy!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    there srsly needs to be more integrated Lore into the gameplay to get the general populace interested...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    One week notice.

Account Icon
    Can it be poetry? Like a ballad or something
    Community Contributions Fan

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i am fine with that.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    soon.

I was planning to do it this past Friday but that didn't happen so hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    First Place BlueFlash Death of a Frostwolf
    Second Place kerespup Papers of a Scholar
    Third Place CKMo Frost Fields Prologue

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Drasha View Post
    First Place BlueFlash Death of a Frostwolf
    Second Place kerespup Papers of a Scholar
    Third Place CKMo Frost Fields Prologue
    I'm sure we'd all be a lot more interested in this if we had something like 300 gold coins as a reward or something, haha. As of right now I just went "meh"