Thread: Getting the same PM 3-4 times - bug or user error?

Getting the same PM 3-4 times - bug or user error?

Hey,

Over the past few weeks I've been receiving 3-4 PMs for every one PM sent to me (on these forums).
    Example;
    John will send me a PM.
    I receive that PM, then I receive 3 MORE PMs with the same title & body text - they're basically exact duplicates.

Cheers

I noticed that there is a checkbox on the bottom if you write a message, which is not check saying "keep a copy in send items".
    As i was sending a PM to someone i didnt notice this checkbox and checked my send items to see if it was send... But by the looks it wasnt.

So i resend it till i saw that checkbox...

Maybe thats the cause people send Pms multiple times?

Account Icon
    That is most likely the issue, saving sent PMs is off by default (you can enable in the options)

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have been having this happen to me a lot though, receiving multiple duplicate PM's (sometimes 3 or 4) and they are from different people so it is possible it is a new forum bug because it only started happening after the switch.