Thread: Unable to kick spectators as admin in game lobby

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Unable to kick spectators as admin in game lobby

Hi all,

Just played a game which sadly had to be 4 v 5 due to a spectator filling a slot reserved for players.
    Firstly, is the above typical? I had no spectator slots, yet I clearly saw "x is connecting to spectate x" and in the list of players a spectator eye could clearly be seen.

Secondly, trying to kick this individual was impossible, as the button to do so over the player's flag was unresponsive. On a few occasions, it actually went to the /whisper prefix in my chat under his name, as if I was to whisper him.

Regardless, it was frustrating as he would not leave, nor would he respond to me actually IM'ing him to leave.

Hope I have provided enough detail,

Thanks.
    *un-chsh*
    "WHOOOOOOSH!"
    "Genocide."

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    what i understand happened was someone was able to "spectate" (like how you're able to mentor) one of the players in the lobby before the game started and this person counted towards the 10 spaces for players. even if you don't have spectator slots, people can still spectate/mentor their friends. that guy was kind of a dick if he wouldn't leave and let an actual player join (and then he could have reconnected to spectate).

this is easily repeatable. just host a 1v1 game and have one of your friends connect to mentor or spectate you and they'll fill the second slot.

Account Icon
    Known bug.
    Clicky above!