Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN Tour Information

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    "It will operate on a seasonal schedule comprised of 18 events over the course of 4 months. Each season will boast over $250,000 in cash and prizes."

That is what's been said, they don't say how long a season will last, furthermore as the casual game HoN is they claim the prices will be divided amongst a larger span of teams and divisions making it less interesting for competetive teams to play.

Very long overdue, I'm glad you're getting it togheter though.
    Disclaimer: In the recruitment board this is an inofficial posts and replies are done through PMs, in other boards this post is law.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TMachine View Post
    "It will operate on a seasonal schedule comprised of 18 events over the course of 4 months. Each season will boast over $250,000 in cash and prizes."

That is what's been said, they don't say how long a season will last, furthermore as the casual game HoN is they claim the prices will be divided amongst a larger span of teams and divisions making it less interesting for competetive teams to play.

Very long overdue, I'm glad you're getting it togheter though.
    What do you mean they didn't say how long it lasts? You even quoted them saying it's 4 months. The problem is really that they haven't set a date, probably because it isn't even close to finished.

Some posts implied that each season would be 1 month long with a total pricepool of 4x250k = 1kk$.

Anyhow could you, S2, be a bit more concrete and say what the prices are for the top positions in your tour? No one is interested in divions 2-99 and the huge amount of money and goblin coins you supposedly will grant them.
    Disclaimer: In the recruitment board this is an inofficial posts and replies are done through PMs, in other boards this post is law.

I think each season is 4 months

S2 really has to invest on more employees and partners to make the game big. They can't possbily expect to compete with Riot and Valve with a HoNTour being presented by honcast when everyone can play instead of watching. Work on hontour, make it big, advertise it outside actual hon community, ???, profit $2.
    R4R my Phajenath http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=14864595#post14864595
    Dream my Phajenath
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Metal/Phajenath
    Rate my Andromeda Guide

http://tinyurl.com/77jt8u8
    Rate my Nymphora Guide
    http://tinyurl.com/8ybdo7c

There is a honcast podcast tomorrow at a pretty unusual time + breaky said earlier that big announcement is coming on Thursday ... so we could get some more info soon.

They'll probably say that something is happening soon.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsssh View Post
    They'll probably say that something is happening soon.
    Good joke. Come up with it yourself? 10/10 originality........

When does todays MOBA weekly start. Anyone knows?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyzfunkshun View Post
    It's not so much a case of all these new heroes destroying the game balance, but more that they're just not good hero ideas. It's fine in a casual setting where new heroes is just exciting, doesn't so much matter what they do, but a steady release of new heroes keeps the game fresh and ever-changing, which is great. The problem is when you try and transfer this into a competitive context, it just messes things up. You can't put a brand new hero into the game every single week for ~half a year, accompanied by largely irrelevant and minor balance changes without expecting the game to get out of hand. For me at least, this "omg S2 heroes" isn't so much that they're too far above or below the power curve, but simply the fact they aren't well-made heroes, they just take random concepts for skills that don't exist in the game yet, and throw them onto new heroes. Making just one good hero takes months of adjustment and observation, S2 don't care about that though, great casual concept, lousy competitive concept, that's all I'm really saying.
    While I mostly agree with you on the fact that S2 heroes aren't being made to fit the competitive scene, I have to disagree on it being a bad idea. It would be a significantly worse idea if they made heroes FOR the competitive scene. This Tank Meta is starting to move away a bit. Could you imagine if they said "the current meta appears to be tanky dps heroes, so let's make more of those heroes." That would be a nightmare. Meta's would never shift as they'd only get stronger every patch. S2 appears to be making the opposite heroes to the current meta which ushers a shift in the gameplay a bit with every patch.

Making heroes entirely at random allows the skilled drafters and players to pick and choose how to mold new line-ups. You can certainly say "Artillery sucks" right now, as he does appear weak. But someone is eventually going to find him a home. Personally, I see him being used as an initiator or support with a displacing ult and a long range slow. However, he may never get picked at all. Look at Flux. He's probably the best hero concept that S2 has made. On his own he's pretty weak, but draft him into a team and he's incredible.

Long story short, I prefer them making the heroes with little rhyme or reason and letting the scenes (casual and competitive) mold themselves... that is, so long as they don't usher the tanky dps bull**** back into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTzimisce View Post
    Well I was and two friends on MM and other aviation 3 friends on the other team ... he guesses all cartoons of the rampage and still warns his team who the hell in charge, and when you buy in the blink he uses PK fog giving stun allyados mine
    www.itsgosu.com

My Hero Guides

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderK View Post
    Not exactly! The post also confirms the $250,000 prize pool AND a bit more about the tournament structure. 18 events over four months!
    "$250,000 prize pool"
    "18 events over 4 months"
    =
    1 event every 7 days
    $13,900 average per event

Am I interpreting this right?
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    "$250,000 prize pool"
    "18 events over 4 months"
    =
    1 event every 7 days
    $13,900 average per event

Am I interpreting this right?
    Doubt it works that way, afaik hontour was meant to catter to different skill brackets so I guess there will be bigger and smaller tournaments going on at the same time.

consensus from todays weekly moba: soon

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by musclzglassz View Post
    Did you really expect anything more?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by musclzglassz View Post
    Prizepool is 250 000 in pure CASH confirmed. So that dumb people saying "oh, 10 000 dollars and 1 million goldcoins?" can be quiet. 250 000 dollars and + prizes. Dunno what that has to do with "soon", maybe you missed it. Go post "soon" on reddit instead and get 50 upvotes. Mature people have since long got tired of that joke

Also, concerning the prize distribution discussion, I dont think money will split up evenly between all the events. Some of the events might be qualifiers and some might be finals with big(er) prizes. I hope it works just like a ordinary sports season with leagues and seasons. Would be awesome.

the point of the cast wasnt to announce HonTour and its timeframe either. The questions about it were asked...yes. But the point was to talk about DHS which we got lots of info on.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by priapos View Post
    Prizepool is 250 000 in pure CASH confirmed.
    Each season will boast over $250,000 in cash and prizes
    Grammatically speaking, no. Yes this statement is ambiguous, but from a grammatical standpoint there would have to be a comma before the 'and' to separate the two. In the way this was worded, the total prizepool is made up of cash and prizes amounting to a total $250,000. Not $250,000 AND additional prizes.
    Now unless this was confirmed somewhere else then by all means. But from only the OP, the prizepool is not what you think

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerSpike View Post
    Grammatically speaking, no. Yes this statement is ambiguous, but from a grammatical standpoint there would have to be a comma before the 'and' to separate the two. In the way this was worded, the total prizepool is made up of cash and prizes amounting to a total $250,000. Not $250,000 AND additional prizes.
    Now unless this was confirmed somewhere else then by all means. But from only the OP, the prizepool is not what you think
    Since I responed to a guy that said; "mobacast gave us nothing more on HoNtour then "soon"", you should figure out this info was mentioned in the cast. Phil confirmed that the 250 000 was cash and any prizes would be a + to that. Impressive stuff that grammar knowledge thou

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by priapos View Post
    Since I responed to a guy that said; "mobacast gave us nothing more on HoNtour then "soon"", you should figure out this info was mentioned in the cast. Phil confirmed that the 250 000 was cash and any prizes would be a + to that. Impressive stuff that grammar knowledge thou
    Lol do you actually believe this? You guys have been so ecstatic over the announcement of a 60k LAN event. It was such a big deal to S2, to them it seemed like the freaking 8th wonder of the world.. and you actually think they're going to follow through with HoN Tour? I'll believe it when I see it, as should you. I don't think I need to explain why (see 7 digit club announcement LAST YEAR)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Lol do you actually believe this? You guys have been so ecstatic over the announcement of a 60k LAN event. It was such a big deal to S2, to them it seemed like the freaking 8th wonder of the world.. and you actually think they're going to follow through with HoN Tour? I'll believe it when I see it, as should you. I don't think I need to explain why (see 7 digit club announcement LAST YEAR)
    I merely repeated what Phil stated on the Mobacast. Dont see where I mentioned wheter I believe it or not (I do, since your asking, of topic thou). I see your doing the old same respons you put in every thread here on comp forums, never gets old aye? Are you the one behind the Gleaming forum-account as well? =) Sad.