Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN Tour Information

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Diva is just trolling Tralf, take it easy

What i really appreciatte is that it seems that HonTour will also work as a scrim finder for many new teams.

I hope lots of players get encouraged by this and keep getting better and having fun :I

@MB: Glad to know you are im, Wish you and BX3 luck
    im kinda sad that many of the community players that claims for tourneys dont man up enough to sign in this kind of open tournaments

Am I the only person that read this as a $ 10 000 and the rest of HoNtour is TBA?

It's actually 250,000$ in cash AND prizes, not just money.

It's good to have some real informations, but it'll probably not come this month then. In my opinion, it's better to say things (even if it means you were wrong in the past because, well... it's gonna be obvious anyway) than being just silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleaming View Post
    Am I the only person that read this as a $ 10 000 and the rest of HoNtour is TBA?
    Nope..that seems to be exactly what it is saying.

Thank you for the update. I think the entire competitive community would love any ounce of info you can give us, whether it be positive or negative. Negative news is better than no news at all quite frankly.

Account Icon
    Lets just hope that this is not the only announcement that they will do in the next few days

Account Icon
    I like this info, even though it's somewhat vague. It's info at least.

In general I like the more active approach towards the community that we've seen the last few days. I hope this is something permanent, it makes me more interested :-)

its 5 or 4 divisions. i dont remember it right...
    might be 120kUSD for the pro division and the rest will see...

Awesome S2 =) Finally something happening, keep it up!

12.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #32
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by AmunRaRape View Post
    Short version:
    Not exactly! The post also confirms the $250,000 prize pool AND a bit more about the tournament structure. 18 events over four months!

better than expected

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It's a great structure for a tournament for sure. Only real concern I have is simply that this game just doesn't seem competitively viable anymore. I wish they had some stable tournament version without the 10,000,000 new unbalanced heroes running around in it. All they need to do is host HoNtour on a client that removes every hero created since Myrmidon, which was (in my opinion) the last well rounded and well-thought out hero they made. Obviously not gonna happen, but one can dream. But nevertheless, it's nice to see something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzfunkshun View Post
    It's a great structure for a tournament for sure. Only real concern I have is simply that this game just doesn't seem competitively viable anymore. I wish they had some stable tournament version without the 10,000,000 new unbalanced heroes running around in it. All they need to do is host HoNtour on a client that removes every hero created since Myrmidon, which was (in my opinion) the last well rounded and well-thought out hero they made. Obviously not gonna happen, but one can dream. But nevertheless, it's nice to see something.
    The last objectively OP hero was gemini. That was about 6 months ago. Heroes after gemini, while mostly one-dimensional, are hardly about to storm the competitive scene anytime soon. There's really no need for the hyperbole thrown around these forums so often.

Of course there are balance issues, but this "omg S2 heroes" thing is so overplayed.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Be glad they're even communicating with the community. Now instead of trying to start a stir, sit back and wait for the HoNtour announcement. Whether or not it comes out this month or next month, you arent a competitive player, therefore it wouldnt concern you anyways. I've always wondered why everyone cares SO MUCH about the HoN competitive scene. If you don't play this game as a job, then don't worry about its competitive scene.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamcake View Post
    The last objectively OP hero was gemini. That was about 6 months ago. Heroes after gemini, while mostly one-dimensional, are hardly about to storm the competitive scene anytime soon. There's really no need for the hyperbole thrown around these forums so often.

Of course there are balance issues, but this "omg S2 heroes" thing is so overplayed.
    It's not so much a case of all these new heroes destroying the game balance, but more that they're just not good hero ideas. It's fine in a casual setting where new heroes is just exciting, doesn't so much matter what they do, but a steady release of new heroes keeps the game fresh and ever-changing, which is great. The problem is when you try and transfer this into a competitive context, it just messes things up. You can't put a brand new hero into the game every single week for ~half a year, accompanied by largely irrelevant and minor balance changes without expecting the game to get out of hand. For me at least, this "omg S2 heroes" isn't so much that they're too far above or below the power curve, but simply the fact they aren't well-made heroes, they just take random concepts for skills that don't exist in the game yet, and throw them onto new heroes. Making just one good hero takes months of adjustment and observation, S2 don't care about that though, great casual concept, lousy competitive concept, that's all I'm really saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzfunkshun View Post
    It's not so much a case of all these new heroes destroying the game balance, but more that they're just not good hero ideas. It's fine in a casual setting where new heroes is just exciting, doesn't so much matter what they do, but a steady release of new heroes keeps the game fresh and ever-changing, which is great. The problem is when you try and transfer this into a competitive context, it just messes things up. You can't put a brand new hero into the game every single week for ~half a year, accompanied by largely irrelevant and minor balance changes without expecting the game to get out of hand. For me at least, this "omg S2 heroes" isn't so much that they're too far above or below the power curve, but simply the fact they aren't well-made heroes, they just take random concepts for skills that don't exist in the game yet, and throw them onto new heroes. Making just one good hero takes months of adjustment and observation, S2 don't care about that though, great casual concept, lousy competitive concept, that's all I'm really saying.
    Yeah that's fair, sorry for misunderstanding you.

Seems that they are continuing this trend with artillery, he's quite derpy. Hopefully they come up with something a bit more interesting soon.

^^^^^

For the same reason non athletes don't want an NFL lockout; because we are FANS and want to WATCH competitive players PLAY. I know it might be hard to understand but people outside of the pro players watch the matches. Concerning with the ontopic, I just took away from it a fancy 'Soon' nothing more nothing less

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamcake View Post
    Yeah that's fair, sorry for misunderstanding you.

Seems that they are continuing this trend with artillery, he's quite derpy. Hopefully they come up with something a bit more interesting soon.
    All good, it was a little vauge, and I'll certainly admit with all the "omg S2 hero" hate out there, it's easy to just assume that's all it is.

I just wish they'd really think about the subtleties of their hero creation, S2 have made some very clever, well-rounded and skill-intensive heroes, to name a few of my favourites; Myrmidon, Puppet Master, Nymphora, The Dark Lady, Chipper. I just wish they would take the time to think hard about the concepts of their heroes, and what they're really trying to do with them. The bottom line at the moment is just fueled by wanting to get the next early-access hero out into the game. Anyways, this is mostly off topic, I just really really miss competitive HoN from back in the day, would love more than anything to see a tournament without all the bizaare heroes S2 has diluted the hero pool with.