Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN Tour Information

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff

HoN Tour Information

Hey Guys and Gals,

I know that a lot of you have been eagerly awaiting the launch of HoN Tour. As a result, there has been a lot of frustration, speculation, and misinformation. We sincerely apologize for not addressing these issues sooner, and will henceforth be as candid and transparent as possible. To that end, I'd like to unveil some official information about the upcoming HoN Tour.

HoN Tour is an officially sanctioned competitive tournament system, backed and operated directly by S2 Games. It will operate on a seasonal schedule comprised of 18 events over the course of 4 months. Each season will boast over $250,000 in cash and prizes. The events of HoN Tour will not just be for the best of the best; there will be multiple divisions of skill so that even those aspiring to be the next world-beaters have a shot at prize and glory. Honcast will cover HoN in a way that HoN has never been covered before with the addition of a brand new studio and a massively elevated standard for production quality.

That is our vision for HoN Tour, and as it draws near to fruition we humbly implore you to bear with us as we take the final steps to make it the best that we can. Please understand that we are as eager as all of you are to see HoN Tour launch, but we want to make sure that all our bases are covered and that this will be something that we at S2 and the members of our passionate community can all be proud of. We believe eSports to be hugely important in cultivating a thriving competitive community that has driven HoN to all of its successes, and HoN Tour is our pledge to pursue that belief for years and years to come.

HoN Tour will kick off with a $10,000 prize purse Qualifier that's open to everyone. We will keep you guys in-the-know and updated every step of the way, and as soon as we have a date to announce, you will hear it directly from us. I'd like to thank everyone for their continued passion for HoN - we know and appreciate that your praises and criticisms alike are fueled by your immense passion. Game HoN!

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Pu Liu | Director of Monetization

So now the prizepool and some of the format is announced... Guess HoN is back livin' large!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7
    It has been a horrible experience watching such a fantastic product fade into what it has become; a shadow of it's former self and a mere glimmer of what it had the potential to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Our single main focus is to bring extremely high levels of enjoyment to as many players as possible through our games.

inb4 tralf doesn't quit hon

7Digit total prizepool of real cash! Looking forward to a spring of seeing some big plays for that money!

Maybe too late but a good effort nevertheless.

BIG PLAYS
    Need more souls.. !

Quote Originally Posted by IceIceWater View Post
    inb4 tralf doesn't quit hon

bit sad but my first thought were about tralf and his reedit post haha. wonder if he regrets it

Sounds good, hope we'll get some more information in the not-so-distant future (last time we got an update, it took like 3 months before we got the next one).

$250 000 is good and all, but didn't you say earlier the prize would be 7 figures? :>

Quote Originally Posted by BebiBliss View Post
    bit sad but my first thought were about tralf and his reedit post haha. wonder if he regrets it
    Don't you see that's the only reason they announced it ))). Hugest bait ever by Mr. Tralfamadre

All I read in that post is "soon". That's again just a announcement of an announcement. No word on when it actually starts.

Well, its a 7 digit "total" prize for all the seasons :3

PD: Megabeaver, is your team going to play in the CSN cup this sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by BebiBliss View Post
    Easy now.

All that has changed since this morning is that the prizepool is announced. There are still a ton of loose ends; hell the dates aren't even released yet ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7
    It has been a horrible experience watching such a fantastic product fade into what it has become; a shadow of it's former self and a mere glimmer of what it had the potential to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Our single main focus is to bring extremely high levels of enjoyment to as many players as possible through our games.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabever View Post
    $250 000 is good and all, but didn't you say earlier the prize would be 7 figures? :>
    "HoN Tour will kick off with a $10,000 prize purse Qualifier that's open to everyone."
    That's a qualifier and nothing more. At leasts thats how I understand it

e: derp reading. Forgot to mention the 250k, per season
    Last edited by Sye; 04-13-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megabever View Post
    250.000$ in each of the 4 seasons(months)

Quote Originally Posted by BadaBing View Post
    Easy now.

All that has changed since this morning is that the prizepool is announced. There are still a ton of loose ends; hell the dates aren't even released yet ---
    thats why i was wondering. If they announced dates it would be weird if he didnt
    Last edited by BebiBliss; 04-13-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Good work S2, a step in the right direction!
    If you wanna see some high quality play, on a high quality stream, go to
    www.Twitch.tv/migfromhell
    If you enjoy, don't forget to follow!

I remember the days when video games were played for fun... those days are long gone I guess

Hope this brings back and/or create alot of teams

Thanks for clearing it up. Read it a bit quick, thought it was 18 events spread over one year. This probably means the competitors are going to be busy, that's good!

@Bersk: Yes, I signed us up like 2 minutes ago

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    "HoN Tour will kick off with a $10,000 prize purse Qualifier that's open to everyone."

This sounds like another delay...
    Check out my HON stream at: http://www.twitch.tv/coljah