Toggle Snow

Thread: Flux item and skill build: FLUX PLAYERS ONLY

Flux item and skill build: FLUX PLAYERS ONLY

Ok so ive recently been into flux lately; his pulls are just so awesome and well; everything sbout him is awesome.

but anyways i've been thinking up core items for flux depending on ur opposing team and ur team mates as well... so it goes like this:
    The slow and chase build: Frostwolf skull first then a pk (or the other way around) then maybe a frostfield plate to make catching up to enemies easier. (The build i've been going for alot recenty; if any flaws or you just think it's absolutely wrong plz tell me ^^)

My build when against Aoe heroes (etc tempest, mag, Chronos ult): I max out the polarity and push, pull skill (no points to slow) to save ppl's asses and counter their Aoe spells. I go for tablet first and then a shrunken -> behe heart just for the damage on the push,pull.

My build when with alot of Aoe skill heroes as allies: max out slow, the polarity when i have an aggresive lane or just the push pull when confident. I ALWAYS get pk first so i try to go for early ganks ; therefore i go striders instead of steam boots. And finally shrunken to survive when you initiate first or if the team utterly fails their aoe spells; or a frostfield if i think we're doing well.

Now this is the build i havnt tried out yet: When against 3 super-duper tanks (etc armadon, legionarre etc etc) Not sure bout skill build but i get Null stone; and then harkons (so the null stone for mana regen whilst using harkons or a counter for legionnares charge.... iunno :S) and then frost field to chase em down with more mana regen..... the reason i go for Harkons is because i've noticed players in my bracket only go for physical def items (either cause they are folowingthe reccomended items or.. iunno Oo)

the reason i posted this here is because i wanted some pro tips and opinions....... DISCUSS??

In nearly every situation i would max out the nuke. That 300 Damage on lvl 7 is just so important. Skipping it for other skills means that you have to reach a higher lvl, and seriously, flux isnt about a good farmer without his nuke...it will take you too long to get lvl 10 or maybe 14, if you cant rush down creeps.

With items...flux is open-minded to nearly every item. I havent tried much with orb-effects, but i already tried Stormspirit as a situational pick-up and it was pretty good in that special line-up. Also i tried Charged-Hammer...it was baaaad :/. Tablet of Command is also ok for more push and pull.

I wouldnt suggest you to build harkons, even if your enemies only upgrade physical armor. That -6 Armor from Shieldbreaker and another -4 armor through Sols Bulwark is a lot more effective, because not only you are focussing that target, but also your allies. Reducing Legionairess armor from 22 to 12(or any other number) makes a high difference with auto-attacks, a higher than it would with Harkons.
    Vote for my 2 new Alt-Avatar ideas for Fayde:

Quote Originally Posted by je`Rome View Post
    In nearly every situation i would max out the nuke. That 300 Damage on lvl 7 is just so important. Skipping it for other skills means that you have to reach a higher lvl, and seriously, flux isnt about a good farmer without his nuke...it will take you too long to get lvl 10 or maybe 14, if you cant rush down creeps.

With items...flux is open-minded to nearly every item. I havent tried much with orb-effects, but i already tried Stormspirit as a situational pick-up and it was pretty good in that special line-up. Also i tried Charged-Hammer...it was baaaad :/. Tablet of Command is also ok for more push and pull.

I wouldnt suggest you to build harkons, even if your enemies only upgrade physical armor. That -6 Armor from Shieldbreaker and another -4 armor through Sols Bulwark is a lot more effective, because not only you are focussing that target, but also your allies. Reducing Legionairess armor from 22 to 12(or any other number) makes a high difference with auto-attacks, a higher than it would with Harkons.
    ok so if i followed your suggestion: Tablet (since Flux is all about positioning), shield breaker or bulwark then maybe an insanitarius?? seen alot of Insanitarius builds on Flux recently in VoDs.... if not then can someone reccoomend me another item that synergises well with shield breaker or bulwark? (when against tank teams).

Also about the skill build i dont like maxing the nuke/slow since your push pull skill is so good for chasing and team fights to keep em outta position; also synergizes well with discharge Oh and it does more damage with more strength stats so when i get my luxury item behe heart; it does a reasonable amount of damage whilst pull/pusing the enemy at the same time. Winning

I would normally build Pk -> Shrunken if applicable -> Frostfield -> w/e.

While Frostwolf is nice Frostfield slows a lot more straight after your ult/slow and does aoe dmg to boot, which makes it easier for your team to setup their aoe. If you do not have much aoe on your team you shouldnt be picking flux in the first place as there are much better auto attack heroes around.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    when i play flux i only lvl 1 the slow and max out the others first
    if you can farm fast i suggest you firsly go FW if not pk brings so much to the table
    Daft yo Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Grizfang View Post
    I would normally build Pk -> Shrunken if applicable -> Frostfield -> w/e.

While Frostwolf is nice Frostfield slows a lot more straight after your ult/slow and does aoe dmg to boot, which makes it easier for your team to setup their aoe. If you do not have much aoe on your team you shouldnt be picking flux in the first place as there are much better auto attack heroes around.
    i've decided to play him in all my games to learn Flux in different situations ^^ since he's so versatile i dont think not having Aoe Team mates is a problem since i can go for the initiator build or tanky build :P Well yes i agree maybe frostfield plate is much more better since Flux is more of a team fighting hero.... ill think about that. Well i just love frostwolf skull cause of the xtra Strength stats and abit of survivability

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    the thing is that ulti applies orb effects and FW is a good combination with that ulti
    Daft yo Punk

normally i get my core/laning items and go straight for a frostfield plate.
    i skip pk and never get frost wolf skull simply because frostfield plate is so much more beneficial it adds -atk speed move speed & +200dmg that adds up to a 500 dmg nuke
    o and dont be crazy dude, u need atleast 1 point in the slow or else how can u snag kills.

The problem i see with PK is, that in most situations you just dont have enough damage to dish out, even a well-placed ulti doesnt change the tides that much(except there is a Flux+SS/Temp/Behe Combo that synergizes hard), so i go for more tankiness/damage/utility as i said before. Like Stormspirit or Tablet or maybe even Energizer?

Try every item, even if it seems bad, then you will know how effective or uneffective it is. I also like to get Grave-Locket for pure stats for him.
    Vote for my 2 new Alt-Avatar ideas for Fayde:

Account Icon
    steamboots, hotbl, insanitarius, pk, shrunken, frostfield, hex, are all good items

or if you want to be a huge troll restoration stone

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I usually max his nuke.

I almost always get steamboots then I have to decide whether to get portal key, or insanitarius, and finally an icebrand -> frostwolf
    Hahahah hey.

If there isn't a as one of your first/second big pickups, you're doing it wrong. No, but seriously.

Rest is all situational based on your role on your team.

-

I personally like: -> -> (->) -> -> Finish / -> /Finish -> -> Luxury

-

Boots of Choice, it doesn't matter too much, pick based on situation ( more gank mobility, for armor/pushing, if you're a failure). With that said, synergizes the most with him for strength, and it gives you stat-manipulation capability for more efficiency.

//// - Cheap mana regen/early game stats, 'nuff said. Pick the combination you like. Or skip, depends on you.

, , , ( etc.) are nice utility pickups for your team based on situation; they give him some nice needed mana pool to help with his mana pool as well. You don't need to grab these, but they can help your team nicely and give you some early game stats/mana regen to work with.

is arguably core just because of how great it is for setting up clutch ultimates and initiating ganks with Q or pulling heroes into a desired position with W.

- This gives him pretty much EVERYTHING he needs to be a complete monster all in one pickup: HUGE stats that synergize with him being a RANGED STRENGTH, the mana pool he needs to work effectively without any other mana pickups, a HUGE slow which synergizes with him being Ranged and also stacking with his slow and proccing on his pull, and most importantly it makes his ulti a GLOBAL SLOW. Core. Pretty much dumb not to get this on him.

is nice because it gives him damage from strength, and it's very useful in combination with Portal Key to dive in and set up big plays without worrying about getting disabled/dying.

, , are nice considerations for semi-carrying. If you're not taking Frostwolf (bad for the most part) and opting for Symbol to semi-carry instead, consider for mana purposes.

- rest is all completely situational. Pick up based on situation/what you like. You can pickup semi-carry/tank options listed above, DPS or Codex or whatever but I just listed some of the better teamplay choices here.

in particular can get quite nasty in combination with the right pickups; if you have say along with Refresher, you can do an imba Ulti combo keeping your targets all clumped up on you, slow-fuked for 10+ seconds for your team to completely buttfuk the enemy team, all while you have two activations of Shrunken and an extra Portal Key activation at your disposal.

Skillbuild - Max Q, one in W, one in E. then ult at 1, Max W, ult at 1, max E, max ult, stats

tl;dr - , rush it. you can't go wrong with it, and it gives Flux all the stats he needs to do well in every situation.
    Last edited by PrestonLee; 04-13-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DumLao View Post
    normally i get my core/laning items and go straight for a frostfield plate.
    i skip pk and never get frost wolf skull simply because frostfield plate is so much more beneficial it adds -atk speed move speed & +200dmg that adds up to a 500 dmg nuke
    o and dont be crazy dude, u need atleast 1 point in the slow or else how can u snag kills.
    lol i only dont put in points for slow when against a hard team (when host diesnt ab) or a massive Full Aoe team....... since pulling ppl out of ults and 5 man ganks save lives Therefore i get Tablet first for two push/pulls and an ulti if i have to; ultimate counter for positioning heros like dev; tempest etc etc iunno. Btw i dont need the kills since i get enough assist money with ultimate

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    my build is like this - :ghostmarchers::frostwolfsskull::portalkey:

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.
    -Frank Sinatra

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    my build is like this - :ghostmarchers: :frostwolfsskull: :portalkey: :insanitarius: :behemothsheart: :frostfieldplate:
    Last edited by zOle`; 04-14-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: sorry for 1st post i got low inet on ferry

In-Depth guide of core and situational pick-ups on Flux. His strengths etc: Flux Premium Guide

Quote Originally Posted by je`Rome View Post
    The problem i see with PK is, that in most situations you just dont have enough damage to dish out, even a well-placed ulti doesnt change the tides that much(except there is a Flux+SS/Temp/Behe Combo that synergizes hard), so i go for more tankiness/damage/utility as i said before. Like Stormspirit or Tablet or maybe even Energizer?

Try every item, even if it seems bad, then you will know how effective or uneffective it is. I also like to get Grave-Locket for pure stats for him.

Reading this makes me cry. A good placed ult is gamebreaking - even without any BIG other cooldown like the ones you said. You take their WHOLE team out of position. At least 2 or 3 stands inside you, where you can slow them for 70% with his high dmg nuke. Thats not gamebreaking? You are doing it wrong...

1 in each skill by level 3, then max release by 7. The mana cost of surge is really low and it's great for harass, especially if you use my starting items (I'll link the guide below) since it scales with str. You'll also be hard to kill from the outset. Autoattack, surge, autoattack - great harass. After release max surge, polarity swap and then stats. Get ult at 6,11,16.

In terms of item build I'll get a strength bracer for some stats (only 175 gold with my starting items, since you only lack the recipe) and steam boots, followed by chalice, then an icebrand and either straight for FWS or pick up a PK. PK I still see as situational, even on flux, as you really need someone on your team for it to synergise with. I'll always pick it up in a game, but sometimes I'll get it last, after my luxury items.

Here's my guide. Thumb it up if you liked it: http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroe...php?gid=157320

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I dont pick fws to flux anymore. Hes pull is now physical dmg and I get bulwark+sb.
    Almost always pk is good first big item. I lane flux at mid and get bottle, chalice, steamboots and pk. Then if I have huge farm I make insanitarius before those 2 dmg items. Insanitarius gives u dmg and high surviveability. Then I upgrade bulwark into daemonic and get something defensive like nullstone, bkb or heart.
    With those items your dmg is just sick...

About skills I max the aoe nuke, what ever its called. Its too good to be skipped in mid cause it lets you push the lane before rune spawn. Also nice tip is to pull your opponent into creeps, they usually get stuck and you get some good harrash off. Also remember that you can last hit with pull/push early for fast bottle.
    Last edited by Ackwell1; 04-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.