Note: This Mod requires that you also enable Picklefish's Stats Mod.
This is my first full Mod for Hon, I've made some tweaks to others in the past but this was something that I've wanted for a long time. KD ratios can be just as important as PSR, I wanted to make it easier to spot players with high or low Kills to Deaths ratios in the game lobby.
This Mod replaces the PSR +/- amounts with each player's KD ratio (your PSR +/- appears on the top-left of the screen). It also creates a team average KD, just below the Win %.
A few notes:Code:v1.1: - Bug fixes - Your PSR +/- for the game now appears in the top left v1.0 - Initial release
- This Mod uses Picklefish's Stats cache code so you must have Picklefish's Mod enabled for this one to work (you get can get his Mod here). If Picklefish doesn't want me using his code I'll re-work my Mod so it's a stand-alone.
- There's a slight delay in pulling the KD data back from the server, it can take 2-20 seconds for this data to arrive.
- This Mod works best if you're the host, if you are one of the last to join a game this Mod has to do a lot of work to get all the data it needs and might not get everything automatically. Because the Mod uses Picklefish's cache, you can force the KD data to be pulled by mousing-over the name of person who doesn't have KD data yet.
Last edited by Frizzled; 12-10-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Any chance that you change it to a standalone version? Picklefish's Stats is kinda buggy since the last patch and doesn't seem to be updated frequently either.
1. Make it standalone. Dont want to instal many mods just to get one small thing
2. It overwrites even my own psr gain/loss? That sucks
I think this mod has lots of potential, but I think should try to work out some of the problems that have been mentioned both by you and by other users. Otherwise, I think the idea is great.
Also, you should think about requesting a resource number in the Master Repository.
Version 1.1 is out -
This fixes the ghost data issue and re-adds your PSR +/- for the game (appears in the top-left of the screen).
Would be really cool if you made the names smaller and fit even more stats in a line under their name
I'd still like to see PSR gain/loss for ALL players. I won't be using this until you figure out a way to squeeze it in.
Maybe you could try to have everyone's PSR gain/loss on the right/left side of that "Add to friend" button
Maybe reduce the size of the nicknames and put the PSR loss atop of it?
Thanks for the mod, I was hoping someone would do it!
I didn't try it yet but if you host with it, is the Auto-Balancing feature now balancing teams based on the KD ratio?
If not, and you want a new challenge, you could try it.
Good luck and Thanks again!
auto balance code is server side. Not saying its not possible to make a mod to do a KD based one
Meh. K:D is pretty garbage, it tells you if someone feeds, not if they're good.
I'd much rather see CS and PSR.
i think if someone manages to get 2500 kills, 1000 deaths and 2500 assist then they are pretty good...
I've seen Scout/TB players with 2.5+ that are terrible. It's not hard to killsteal.