Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Artillery Changes!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon

Artillery Changes!

As many of you know, Artillery will be coming to Newerth on Friday! We're all very excited about his introduction and have been reading what you've had to say as well. As a result of your feedback, we've decided to make a small change.

When Artillery is released, the "manly" avatar will be his primary look. This change was made as a direct result of your feedback. The mechanical avatar for Artillery is extremely cool but we understand that, for the aesthetic of the game, the human avatar should be the more prevalent of the two. Thus, the mech will be available as the Early Access Alt Avatar for Artillery starting on Friday.

To help cement this change in the story of Newerth, here's some new lore for the introduction of the hero. Keep in mind that HoN takes place in the distant future of an Earth-like planet and thus, technology can be rediscovered from the past, which is the case here.

He looked down at the gear that the Engineer had salvaged from the dig. It was amazing how much destructive power the Ancients could pack into something so small. He oiled the barrels of the gun, loaded the rockets in their launchers and strapped them down to his back. He lit his cigar and strode towards the battlefield. Let those demons have their electricians - they don't stand a chance against this new breed of soldiers raining death from above - Artillery!

Thank you for being so passionate about HoN and we hope that you're as excited for Artillery as we are!

Very nice move! Way better now!

Account Icon
    sick, manly one looks better anyway

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Amazing changes. This is great use of your forums and community. Love the new lore. Keep the lore coming!
    Clock is ticking, Twilight. Clock. Is. Ticking.
    Keep it together. Keep it together.
    If I can't find a friendship problem...
    I'll make a friendship problem...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Didn't mind it before, but I like it this way a lot more. Good lore! :3

|Ex-Training Grounds Moderator | Support (1st/2nd)/Suicide Ringer For 1700-1800+ Scrims | Cupcake Baker ☆彡

Awesome job guys!
    /Thorns, tThorns, Twistling & TwistIt

Follow my stream and watch my streamathons each week!

Who does the lore writing?

Two thumbs way up guys. Seriously.
    We're all naked underneath these clothes.

Nice move. Now I hope someone will write a better lore for the robot or whatever they wanna call that thing is.

Two things here.

First, I realy really LOVED seing S2 is now trusting their community, listening to us, to our ideas, our complaints about what you bring us in updates.

Thumbs up for that. Good Job xanderk.

Second, I just don`t like this idea of gundam robots fighting kung fu pandas, pollywogs, and leggionaires... sounds so... disconnected.
    But, the changes at least made it acceptable. Not that I like it. Just accepted it.

Thumbs down for that kinda lack of environment attachment.

Anyways, positive update after all.

Account Icon
    This is really awesome. Thank you so much S2 for doing this.
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii

Better...than....ever! *_*

Nice work!

+1+1+1
    dw punch!

Good job S2! Glad to see youre listening to us more! Thanks a ton for this! Look forward to owning with him!
    Hmph, I'm up against all of you guys? Hahah, well then, sounds like I have nothing to worry about. This war's already been won.
    -MrSnowJr

Account Icon
    Bad idea. If the sole reason was for the lore, then need we remind you that there are a ridiculous amount of heroes as Artillery is...

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderK View Post
    Keep in mind that HoN takes place in the distant future of an Earth-like planet and thus, technology can be rediscovered from the past, which is the case here.
    *cough*COUGH*lame-excuse-at-best*COUGH*cough*

still, the hero seems cool.

Account Icon
    yes i didnt like the robot so the man and the lore made me hate him less good job s2

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I kinda like the mech version idea but if they made it more like the HoN style like chipper or what ever.

Account Icon
    didnt get it ? or its me ? what the point of changes ?

Nice change!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast