Thread: Starting Hero for Noob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cant have it easier then armadon (very very dominating hero).

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Uroefl View Post
    Cant have it easier then armadon (very very dominating hero).
    Armadon is not easy hero to play.
    Yes, he has only two abilities - one which slows and one AoE damage both with low cooldowns
    But main strength of Armadon is his passive - third skill and playing Armadon means that you know how that passive skill works
    I you cant position yourself right as Armadon, then dont try him, you will be most likely useless for your team the whole game

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Myrmidon, Glacius and Witch Slayer
    Always looking for ways to improve.

what about watching replays of good players with a minimum 1600 mmr - or you could watch them streaming on platforms like twitch.tv gamereplays.org ect.... good luck
    An article everyone got to read : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...ding-your-Game

BloodHunter...

Noobs will run from bloodhunter. Even the worst bh player in the world can get some kills against new players.

Just silence, ulti and auto attack.

Arachna is pretty easy as well

I'd say Hammerstorm, Plague Rider, Witch Slayer are very noob-friendly heroes.

First you need to figure out what role you feel more comfortable using... Like for me I love playing supports/heroes with burst(nukes) so I would say the following heroes from the list you provided:

-Pyromancer
    -Plague Rider
    -Thunderbringer
    -Empath
    -Myrmidon
    -Martyr
    -Torturer
    -Glacius
    -Soul Reaper
    -Witch Slayer

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by WNxTyr4el View Post
    I like to be doing damage and getting kills while not being TOO squishy (Agi heroes are fine for me)
    here is your problem. you want to run before you can walk. as a new player you should not be concerned with getting kills n doing massive damage. you should be more concerned with not dying and learning who has what and what they can do with it. too many new people want to come in and be a big play machine. it doesnt work that way.
    tongue punch my turd cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by pedobearpig View Post
    here is your problem. you want to run before you can walk. as a new player you should not be concerned with getting kills n doing massive damage. you should be more concerned with not dying and learning who has what and what they can do with it. too many new people want to come in and be a big play machine. it doesnt work that way.
    Unless you're .

Most important thing for a total beginner is to not be a burden for your team.

Dying gives the enemy a lot of gold. Having a guy on your team that dies too often is the easiest way to lose a game.

Important is to never fight unless you know you can win. And when you are new you basically can't know what the outcome of a fight will be. So you avoid fights. The mentality that you want to get kills and do damage is therefore bad.

You want your hero to have as much xp and gold as possible. The point of getting kills is to get xp and gold. So you must not only be sure you can kill the enemy. You must also be sure you can survive yourself.
    If you are a beginner that probably means that on average in every battle you lose xp and gold rather than gain it.

I recommend complete beginners to play heroes like kraken, armadon, etc. Playing heroes like glacius and plague rider is bad because they die way easier and avoiding getting killed is the only thing that matters. Actuall helping out your team win comes later.
    Babysitting a carry and warding and helping win teamfights with abilities is not how you start playing this game.
    Playing heroes like arachna and sand wraith is terrible because they are balanced around having a lot of gold worth of items, which you will never get. So the hero will be terrible period. You can't do anything but feed with them.

Really odd to see people counter people recommending armadon with a comment that is is really hard to maximalize his potention. Really people? It doesn't even matter if his abilities are easy or hard. The point is he is a str hero. For beginners str hero > int hero.
    Arma's abilities require high apm (lol wtf?)? Just don't get any lvls in any ability. Beats playing a glacius.

Best hero for beginners is accursed actually.

If you are going to be a carry you have to be pretty sure you are one of the best lasthitters and death avoiders in that game, as a start.

I think the most important ability people lack in general is making lanes that can win. Most lanes that lose lose in the picking phase.

Also I am baffled at the advice people give. Blood Hunter? Only good thing blood hunter can do is rofl stomp noobs by winning mid very hard vs some scrub. And then you need to make sure you snowball pretty hard because if a fight is balanced you can do very little in a teamfight but hope that your team will somehow win and you can chase them down when they flee.
    Last edited by Kagekatsu; 04-15-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sand Wraith is, in my opinion a hero very hard to play. You have to be farming the whole game, know exactly what items to build, farming, knowing when to ulti, farming, and farming some more.

.. Yes farming seems easy enough, but to be able to play Sand Wraith efficiently you've got to have ATLEAST 350gpm to be useful, which is far from easy cosidering you're practically useless the first 25 minutes of the game.

My dA. Almost everything I've made is found there http://sarphog.deviantart.com/

D: I have an official guide !

Im a noob with 50 games under my belt most of which where done with Electrician and Im not sure how he compares to other noob friendly heroes but he's just awsome. Static Grip is a life saver with also sort of application from saving your teamates, saving your skin, initiating a fight, holding people down as your team comes to help you, harrassing people in the lane. Versitle and mana wise dirt cheap. His Absorbtion ability is great in early laning for farming creeps and harassment and later in the game for finishing people off and just making a nusance out of yourself. Your Ulti for escaping or getting into fights quickly and his shield for a little tankiness. With the right equipment at about level 10 he is really hard to kill and generally in matches after I hit level 10 my survivability becomes extremly strong.

I also agree with Kagekatsu that Armadon is hands down one of the best tanks in the game and you can survive most team fights even if you go bloody AFK in the middle of it. He's just bloody hard to kill, easy to control and can turn a fight on a dime thanks to his spines. I think hands down he's one of the best if not THE best newbie hero in the game. You will die less, its simple as that.

I think that if you're really new to the game or a newbie you should avoid going carries. If I was you I'd go ranged support heroes with easy to use (directly targeted) abilities. Best pick would be Witch Slayer, Demented Shaman or Hammerstorm. I think that your hero pool is really bad for a newbie. I'll do short analysis of the heroes you've picked to give you short insight.

-Maliken - Amazing carry but ... he's mele and thus requires more skill than any ranged carry. He needs a lot of farm and very good positioning. In addition to that to be really efficent you need to know how to animation cancel. Overal very newbie unfriendly hero. I wouldn't pick him if I was new to the game.

-Kraken - Good one. he has very nice str gain and loads of HP. His abilities are not difficult to land and as soon as you learn not to charge people out of your ult you should be good. If you want to go tanky hero it's a good choice for you. Due to his passive it's very easy to farm with Kraken and as soon as you get HotBL you are good to go.

-Nomad - very fragile, requires good knowledge of enemy heroes abilities to be effective. Very strong in right hands and useless in wrong ones. Avoid untill you get better knowledge of the game.

-Magebane - same as above. Requires loads of farm and good knowledge how to farm. Avoid at all cost unless you want to be flamed by your teammates.

-Moon Queen - very fragile. Short attack range. requires good farm and good positioning. Avoid until later.

-Pyromancer - your stun requires either good prediction or good skill or ... slow / stun by your lane mate. It's easy to miss it and get flamed by your team. Go WS instead as his skills are targeted directly. Avoid in most of the cases.

-Plague Rider - a beast! Go for him as he fits almost every lineup in the game! Requires no farm to be effective. If you manage to survive the fights you will be very usefull to your team and you will stick with levels to your team. Just remember to avoid using ult when there are loads of creeps around. Best choice imho.

-Thunderbringer - requires good positioning, good knowledge of enemy hero abilities and levels. If you tend to drop with levels you will be useless as TB. Good hero but in current metagame not that usefull. If you get against some tanky heroes you will feel powerless. Whats more you need to go mid as TB as you need levels. This might lead to a lot of flaming from your teammates so choose at your own risk!

-Fayde - Requires good rune control, good positioning and brain. You need to know how to ballance farm and gank with this hero. I'd say she is not that newbie friendly.

-Dark Lady - avoid! If you are a newbie this is probably the worst choice you can do! Requires a lot of knowledge about enemy and on how to farm. Avoid at all cost as you will fail most cases.

-Vindicator - fragile, requires farm and knowlege when to ult. Medicore choice.

-Emerald Warden - another carry - but this time quite easy to play. If you know how to farm go for EW if not avoid.

-Empath - fragile, with no easy to use skills. I personally would avoid her.

-Myrmidon - hell yeah baybe! Amazing pick. Fits well in any lineup with all skills perfectly ballanced and powerful. can't get much better than that.

-Chronos - Avoid at all cost! If you are newbie there is a high chance that your ult will do more bad than good. What's more is that his pathethic str gain will make you die a lot.

-Forsaken Archer - safe choice. Simmilar to EW. Not to difficult to use. If you want to try a carry this might be one of the picks.

-Martyr - hard to tell. Some people like it other don't. I really have no idea what to say baout this hero in terms of difficulty.

-Arachna - avoid. Slow movement speed. Low Str gain. Requires good positioning and quite a lot of farm. You will do way better with FA or EW.

-Corrupted Disciple - I love him, but most people don't. If you read a few guides and start to play him correctly he is very strong and not that difficult to play.

-Torturer - Good hero but simmilar to Pyromancer. I think the same what i wrote about pyro applies to him.

-Glacius - avoid at all cost. Very little HP, poor STR gain and great skills. it's so easy to feed enemy carry with this hero that it's not even funny.
    -Gemini - unless you have a good micro and know how to farm skip this hero
    -Soul Reaper - very good hero - just remember to learn when to ult!
    -Witch Slayer - - tha'choice!
    -Flux - good one although a bit harder to learn as your abilities can screw other players. But overall good choice.
    Last edited by Ritualst; 04-25-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    Armadon is not easy hero to play.
    Yes, he has only two abilities - one which slows and one AoE damage both with low cooldowns
    But main strength of Armadon is his passive - third skill and playing Armadon means that you know how that passive skill works
    I you cant position yourself right as Armadon, then dont try him, you will be most likely useless for your team the whole game
    I think your making it sound more complicated than it is. What we are really talking about is facing position, the rule of thumb being back to the enemy as often as possible and I think this is a skill that can be picked up in a single match, I had it figuired out in about the first 5 minutes of the match. This is less a skill and more an obvious way to take advantage of a passive skill which is.. obvious.... you have better defense on your back and sides, so thats what you want your enemy shooting at.

All and all this is one of the easiest heroes to run in the game hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by xguild View Post
    I think your making it sound more complicated than it is. What we are really talking about is facing position, the rule of thumb being back to the enemy as often as possible and I think this is a skill that can be picked up in a single match, I had it figuired out in about the first 5 minutes of the match. This is less a skill and more an obvious way to take advantage of a passive skill which is.. obvious.... you have better defense on your back and sides, so thats what you want your enemy shooting at.

All and all this is one of the easiest heroes to run in the game hands down.

Arma requires farm to be effective though. And unlike for eg: kraken, arma doesn't have any spells or passieves to help him farm ( Spamming spines early game to farm is not very effective not to mention mana battery ). So not really noob friendly in that aspect but he is easy to use.

Well my experiance with the Armadon is pretty limited so I can't say really how critical farming is but I found that a Chalice is sufficient for him to completetly dominate a lane so really we are talking 625 gold worth of farm and your picking part of that up from your openning purchases wether its the claw or one of the other reciepe items. Once you have the Chalice the mana issue is for the most part solved sufficently enough to control a lane. At least thats my experiance. At Marchers and and Lifetube and what you have is a pretty fierce hero that people will respect and can make a contribution in early team fights, at which point you can use spikes pretty liberaly to farm creeps and push on lanes.

At leasts thats my experiance, Im finding the Armadon to be a hell of a lot easier than any other hero I have played but admitadly my experance in the game so far has taught me a great deal so of course all that experiance goes into playing my latest first choice hero which is now the Armadon.

I do agree though that the more farm you get with this hero the deadlier he becomes and with Helm of the Black Legion and Headress he's really quite deadly and opponents make a lot of mistakes in how they deal with the Armadon, at least in my bracket. So often I get chased down only to turn around and take a kill for what seemed like a situation in which I was about to be a victim.