Thread: 120hz display

120hz display

does 120hz does much on a display and playing HoN?

Nothing worth mentioning. It's not quite as fast paced as a first person shooter could be which really is the selling point for 120hz displays.

Unless you already have multiple monitors, a multi-monitor setup is usually something you won't abandon once you have experienced it. I'd go for that.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    120hz was made with 3D in mind more then anything becaue when in 3D mode you hz is cut in 1/2 so a 60hz would go down to 30. A 120hz is operating at 60 in 3D mode. Other then that they have a little advantage when displaying fast motion. LCD displays do not flicker at 60 hz like CRT displays did so there is likely no real improvement.
    Last edited by facedown; 04-08-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Well I think I can see some small changes when I play, in cleanness or are im crazy?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by benjohansson View Post
    Well I think I can see some small changes when I play, in cleanness or are im crazy?
    During fast motion it might appear clearer. I would think that you would notice more of differance with an FPS game with lots of very fast action. They now have 240Hz models. From what I read they clear up the back ground to the point that the blur does not work for fast action anymore and you can actually tell the background is fake so it does make some differance.

grab a monitor that doesnt have input lag imo

remember input lag =/= response time, and very very often input lag is not in a product description

I have two computers on one desk with 1x 24" 120Hz, 1x 24" 60Hz

120Hz is the best item I've bought in about 10 years.
    But then again, Im very sensitive to audio and visuals.

If you are one of those people who like 30-60FPS, dont get 120Hz. I demand 120+FPS in any game I play.

Account Icon
    So, like, I max every setting on this game and I run it at 51 Hz. The reason why? My HoN looks smoother. Because I can enhance the anti-aliasing by 16x in any application that uses it. Let's see fancy Windows 7 do that!

Edit: You totally can.